Forest fire smoky furniture. Wild fire! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Forest fire smoky furniture. Wild fire!

RB.hnd

Feb 18, 2019
Real Name
Romina Balsamo
So there is a huge wild fire in my city. Many houses have been affectres not by the flames but by the amoke, and are solociting for my company to help them clean there upholstery, rugs and drapery. How can i get rod of the smell? Is there a specific product? I use a von schrader low extraction machine. Pleas help!

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
its more than cleaning.

Smoke is a vapor and can penetrate the fabric so cleaning the fabric WILL NOT remove the odor. Best thing to do is get an Ozone machine.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
I wrote an article on removing soot and odor from wildfires. This was a few years ago when there were a lot of fires in California. I am pretty sure Bridgepoint Systems / Interlink Supply still has it in their files.

Send an email to Schyler Lewis - slewis@interlinksupply.com and request a copy. Include your name and company name to get it free.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
So glad that a fire smell problem in Honduras can be fixed by a company in India. That's some powerful equipment! :ROFLMAO:

All snarkiness aside, do reach out as Scott suggested. There are several options for you, including chlorine dioxide and Vaportek machines, but ALL should be used with proper caution.

Last edited: