Ford Transit Recall | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Ford Transit Recall

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
Ford will find a solution to the problem. Ford says they will replace at 30,000 miles until they find a permanent solution to the problem. Seems to me they are still working on a permanent solution. Some might get two repairs until they find the solution.

I have 7000 miles on my medium roof 250. I do have the 3.5 Ecoboost and not had one problem with the van. Ecoboost gets the high reviews on the Transit forums. Glad I bought the 3.5.

I'm 6'6 and did a repair on a floor machine in the middle of a snow storm in my medium roof and never felt uncomfortable. Let it run and it heated the whole back of the van without insulation while 10 degrees outside. Heater is outstanding to any other cargo van I have owned.

I do have a shop that is located in my backyard. I have to drive by the side of my house to enter into it. Medium roof rides underneath the overhang on my house by 4 to 6 inches. I couldn't have driven under the overhang with the high roof Transit. Glad I bought the medium roof. Don't have to watch it or worry about it.

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
Posted this on another thread, hadn't seen your post.