for those Owner/Operators that use a CRB... | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

for those Owner/Operators that use a CRB...

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
do you throttle the TM down while pile lifting?

I talked with two cleaners that do. Personally I would not find that efficient timewise. But I could be wrong.

Pros/Cons?

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Our procedure is to have all CRB/pile lifting, pre spray, corner guards, runoff mats etc in place before we roll out the hoses. Then we roll out giving the prespray time to dwell and break down soils. This also allows the customers front door to stay closed as long as possible.

When we have jobs that are so large we are concerned about the pre spray drying we always have a lead and assistant. Then same procedure as above except once the wand is in place and cleaning the assistant will go start CRB/prespraying additional rooms.

This eliminates the need for idle all together as you are starting and stopping the machine exactly when you start and stop cleaning.

Reactions: Art Kelley

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
My understanding is its generally best to have the machine running on full throttle as they are designed to run most efficiently at high RPM,

Unless you're leaving it running at high speeds for ex1tended periods.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
the two cleaners I talked to, including myself, dont have helpers. I agree that may be the best scenario concerning efficiency but having two people on the truck is not cost effective. But that is for another thread...

The air is super dry now and I can only spray 400 sf at a time before it dries out.

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
2 people on truck triples production unless one is a 10$ an hour crack head.
I'm with spanz just do the whole scrubbing then fire up tm.
I dont use crbs on carpet though as it unraveles the fibers and tip blooms some.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
2 people on truck triples production unless one is a 10$ an hour crack head.
I'm with spanz just do the whole scrubbing then fire up tm.
I dont use crbs on carpet though as it unraveles the fibers and tip blooms some.
agree we reserve its use for heavily soiled carpets and severe traffic patterns.

Reactions: OneBlueSummer

Art Kelley

Feb 9, 2009
Clawson,MI
Real Name
Art Kelley
I don’t use a CRB but do prescrub with my 360i using a red pad. I will often leave the TM off and prespray using a pump-up, at least at the entrances,edges and transition points. Then switch to the swoop head. Turn on the TM, quickly finish prespraying with a HF, then run the 360i hooked to the TM. This saves about 30-45 minutes of wasted TM time each job.