For all you guys in the cold and snow...

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Freakin’ “ pucker cold “ here with the wind chill at -24 !!
Down in single digits last week and the furnace dies .
Thankfully got the thing replaced and next week the new A/C unit gets put in . Schools are closed all over the area .
All the Best , Ed
It's really bad, Ed. Dangerously bad. Stay warm pal.

Reactions: Clean-n-mean

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I was in Port Charlotte last week. I like Punta Gorda better though.
As for figuring it out. Easy! Save your money - Move. But you better have a lot of money because if ya think getting a job here will cut it, I'm here to tell you it wont. Either start another business, or have a good pension. Shit is expensive here.
I worked for myself for way too many years to work for someone else. The we are going to handle it is get the van down there with equipment setup advertise the snot out of it schedule as much work as possible fly and down do it and come back and forth until the business in houses is sold. Oh yeah save we been saveing money and paying down all debts but we both know you never have enough so prepare before you go or it will fail without question

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
We just open the windows or turn on (vent) but then again it aint that cold out yet 30's are comfortable. Its the 0 and less guys that are feelin it. I still haven't worn a coat yet. Ill admit at +10 with wind will start to sting. Then ill dig up my jacket.
Your a tuff bastard.....lol

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
You know that it's cold when cuff on your vacuum hose is filled with slushy ice. Once sun is out, it's lost cause... Just about 0 °.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
You know that it's cold when cuff on your vacuum hose is filled with slushy ice. Once sun is out, it's lost cause... Just about 0 °.
Right now money can wait there carpet will be dirty tomorrow nothing's worth risking frostbite I have a good friend that got it and had to have the tip of ear amputated no thank you
Screenshot_20190130-233231_Instagram~2.jpg

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
It's been cold here in Sarasota Florida too. Been in the 40s at night and only in the 60s and cloudy during the day. Coldest January I ever remember and I've been coming here since the 1970s. Thankfully it will be back in the upper 70s starting Friday.
im glad i left florida

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
lol

looking forward too summer. inhate it getting dark before 6pm
That ill agree with. I get home from work. And have things i need to get done. But its dark as hell. I need to weld some safety chain onto my trailer. But F that noise right now lol. It will bounce back though. Thats the problem in our state. It will go from 60 to 0 in hours then bounce back up for a few days. Cracks the sht out of asphault and concrete. Not to mention water mains.
Screenshot_20190131-015720_Weather.jpg

Reactions: MikeGaure

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
That ill agree with. I get home from work. And have things i need to get done. But its dark as hell. I need to weld some safety chain onto my trailer. But F that noise right now lol. It will bounce back though. Thats the problem in our state. It will go from 60 to 0 in hours then bounce back up for a few days. Cracks the sht out of asphault and concrete. Not to mention water mains. View attachment 82667
Heat Wave lol
Screenshot_20190131-022317_Weather~2.jpg

Reactions: keep it clean

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
It's 4 in New Jersey now and no work until Monday. Going to be in the 50's Monday.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow ... That means we will get an early spring ... lol

It's 12 now but getting into the 40's-50's next week ... hmmm

Last edited: