Footsteps on fresh wax | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Footsteps on fresh wax

Jon0755

Jul 12, 2017
Real Name
Juan Lopez
I'm new to this site but love these posts and helpful comments, so instead of lurking around the forums, I decided to post because I desperately need help. I'm fairly new to the tile game, been doing it close to 3 years roughly, and need some pointers on fresh footprints on wax. I do floors in a local hospital so having egress is a must and it always seems to happen, that halfway through the job someone steps over my line and leaves a big print. Anyway ideas for removing besides scotchbrite? Or do I wait to buff out later on?

Jon0755

Jul 12, 2017
Real Name
Juan Lopez
Hopefully I will have time later haha. I'm the only floor tech here and I hope to learn more about the types of stripper, wax and cleaning agents to use for the job

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Welcome Jon.

I did several 24 hour grocery / convenience stores back in the day. As soon as I noticed a foot print, I tried to use a damp finish mop to blend it in a little bit. Then would go back and buff after the job was done.

Reactions: ratfool

Jon0755

Jul 12, 2017
Real Name
Juan Lopez
Welcome Jon.

I did several 24 hour grocery / convenience stores back in the day. As soon as I noticed a foot print, I tried to use a damp finish mop to blend it in a little bit. Then would go back and buff after the job was done.
Would you dab at the print lightly? I've thought about it but was worried I might swear the rest of the finish

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Would you dab at the print lightly? I've thought about it but was worried I might swear the rest of the finish
Depends how quickly after applying you can get to it. I try to just feather it a bit and make it easier to buff out. Don't make it a big mark.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
I'd suggest not touching it until that coat is dry. The put a well used black pad or a green pad on and lightly sand the area give a good rinse and continue to wax. If it's only one or two prints I keep steel wool on hand and just do them areas. But be careful if you press too hard with the steel wool you'll cause a black spot or create sanding marks that will show through to the next coats. So gentle as you go.

Reactions: Scott W and ratfool

Jon0755

Jul 12, 2017
Real Name
Juan Lopez
Thanks gentlemen tried it with wool since it was my last coat and buffed it. From afar you can tell but give it a couple days of buffing and it'll disappear. I've got tons of questions on floor care so expect them in the coming days men.

ratfool

Apr 22, 2016
Real Name
Marlene Slichter
Wait for it to dry and ruff it up and re polish it.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
I'd suggest not touching it until that coat is dry. The put a well used black pad or a green pad on and lightly sand the area give a good rinse and continue to wax. If it's only one or two prints I keep steel wool on hand and just do them areas. But be careful if you press too hard with the steel wool you'll cause a black spot or create sanding marks that will show through to the next coats. So gentle as you go.
he does not even want to use scotch brite