Follow up marketing to past customers.

Cat 3

Dec 19, 2014
Real Name
Kevin West
Hi all,
I am embarrassed to admit I have never reached out to any old customers. As I get older and really want to grow an already successful multi truck business, I finally realizing I need to tap into my old data base and market.

We offer carpet, duct, and dryer vent cleaning for the most part. I am looking to get advice on a system or company that can help me send reminders out to all customers. I really want to reach out to every customer we have and remind them of services on different timelines. For example. Remind them to clean carpets 2 times per year. Remind them the clean dryer vents 1 time per year, and remind them to clean air ducts once every 3 years. I was thinking Service monster but my office gal spoke with them and we are under the impression they cannot offer what I just described above. I guess they can only market one service per customer.

Any ideas out there????
We also want to start sending out email reminders of our appointments and follow up emails thanking them for their business and have links to review sites. Any direction is appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
Hi all,
I am embarrassed to admit I have never reached out to any old customers. As I get older and really want to grow an already successful multi truck business, I finally realizing I need to tap into my old data base and market.

We offer carpet, duct, and dryer vent cleaning for the most part. I am looking to get advice on a system or company that can help me send reminders out to all customers. I really want to reach out to every customer we have and remind them of services on different timelines. For example. Remind them to clean carpets 2 times per year. Remind them the clean dryer vents 1 time per year, and remind them to clean air ducts once every 3 years. I was thinking Service monster but my office gal spoke with them and we are under the impression they cannot offer what I just described above. I guess they can only market one service per customer.

Any ideas out there????
We also want to start sending out email reminders of our appointments and follow up emails thanking them for their business and have links to review sites. Any direction is appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

For my old carpet cleaning business (so weird saying that) I use to do it myself. Then Tre introduced Housecall Pro and after a few hiccups was able to set up an automated postcard system.

Setup up a few different campaigns both e-mail and postcard marketing...

E-mail reminder prior to their appointment
E-mail request for a review after their service with a link
Postcard Thank You Card - Simple Thank you no promotion and such

90 days later - Reminder of our other services
6 Months later a request for referrals
12 Months later reminder to have their carpets cleaned again...

Since I am assuming that you can afford this, this would be a good route to take...

For those that can't afford it... You can set up Google Calendar to send you alerts after an appointment is complete and setup automatic e-mail notifications to your previous client. It is a little time consuming building a database, but after you get it up just work on it every Monday. Send necessary postcards out... Thank you e-mails... etc..

Good Luck
~Tiffany

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
Send out Cards is also a good system - easy to use as well.
OR - pick up the phone and call them to say "it's been a while since we have heard from you - we are running a special for all our old customers.......". Buddy of mine just did this and booked a ton of work.

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
Send out Cards is also a good system - easy to use as well.
OR - pick up the phone and call them to say "it's been a while since we have heard from you - we are running a special for all our old customers.......". Buddy of mine just did this and booked a ton of work.

Piggybacking off of you..

Yes, it is a great idea to pick up the phone and call past clients... Just check your state phone soliciting laws in some states you can't call past clients after a certain time frame if they are on the do not call list...

Also when calling past clients it is always good to have a script ready until you have the hang of it... Unless you are a natural salesman...

Good Luck

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
You can also "pre book" clients. I would set up their next cleaning for them and guarantee that they would not incur any price increases. They were not tied into getting it done - we would cal them the week before and let them know that thet pre booked. Most would just go ahead with the cleaning.
@Steve Toburen has an article on this I believe.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
We use HouseCall Pro and they drip postcards all year long to past clients.

Matt Strader

Feb 7, 2009
Jupiter, Fl
www.561carpetandtile.com
Real Name
Matthew Strader
Business Location
United States
Tried House call and was not impressed. Not her to bash HCP but not a good fit for me.
I feel ya man. I started using them, stopped and then went back. I don't like change and theres a few things that I found to be easier with the way I was doing it before HCP. Overall I am glad I went back because there are some options that I really do like and make it easier for me.. i.e. Auto emails and postcards