Flying down to Los Angeles today to buy a WDR franchise | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Flying down to Los Angeles today to buy a WDR franchise

H2odryguy

Oct 20, 2014
Real Name
Kevin Noland
Here's the deal. I've given Will more jobs than 911, by a long shot. I've gone in and remediated mold from one job will didn't do right, at no expense to Will and with no court action from the homeowner.
It wasn't a dick move at all. The dick move would have been to let the homeowners sue Will for turning their new home into a mold farm...!

Wills restoration van sits for weeks at a time with out moving, I'm concerned that his equipment will freeze up in the winter time.

How many of you can afford insurance and storage on things that you are not putting to use?

Reactions: Keith Kool Shannon

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Here's the deal. I've given Will more jobs than 911, by a long shot. I've gone in and remediated mold from one job will didn't do right, at no expense to Will and with no court action from the homeowner.
It wasn't a dick move at all. The dick move would have been to let the homeowners sue Will for turning their new home into a mold farm...!

Wills restoration van sits for weeks at a time with out moving, I'm concerned that his equipment will freeze up in the winter time.

How many of you can afford insurance and storage on things that you are not putting to use?
Yes I have followed this thread like alot of others. You are a seasoned WDR , mold etc guy.
Will obviously has abandoned this thread. Perhaps he lurks here once in awhile, but the 911 franchise thing has gone south on him that too is obvious. Don't beat the guy up more than he already has been friend. At least not on this thread is all we are saying.

Reactions: chubby

mathis1

Apr 9, 2011
Real Name
john mathis
Business Location
United States
Just out of curiosity where's will located

E Tes

Jan 22, 2014
Real Name
John thoma
Why is this thread still open? Close the damn thing and leave the man alone!!

Reactions: mathis1

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
This guy who lives very close to me, he had a 911 restoration franchise but he decided not to move on with them anymore. He didn't tell me clearly why but he was bothered by it.

911 restoration a scam?

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
This guy who lives very close to me, he had a 911 restoration franchise but he decided not to move on with them anymore. He didn't tell me clearly why but he was bothered by it.

911 restoration a scam?
That's what I'm thinking. I live a few miles from them as well.

johnp94

May 11, 2010
San Diego
Real Name
john
Business Location
United States
I think Will is doing well with carpet cleaning so he won't go broke. Maybe not making money from 911. Winters arriving, hopefully he will post now that carpet cleaning slows down.

Fairway detail

Dec 23, 2015
Real Name
Chris foltyn
I hope it is not in bad taste to bring up this thread again since the OP has seemed to have stopped talking about his experience. I have heard of several negative experiences with this franchise and also know they aggressively contact cleaning companies with exaggerated claims of "opportunities in their area". Has anyone else joined the restoration 911 franchise? Do they really offer legitimate opportunities in the restoration field or do they just over promise to unsuspecting contractors?

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I hope it is not in bad taste to bring up this thread again since the OP has seemed to have stopped talking about his experience. I have heard of several negative experiences with this franchise and also know they aggressively contact cleaning companies with exaggerated claims of "opportunities in their area". Has anyone else joined the restoration 911 franchise? Do they really offer legitimate opportunities in the restoration field or do they just over promise to unsuspecting contractors?

Will is a straight shooter. If he has complaints and states hem then you can take that to the bank. Conversely Will is not the proverbial canary in the mine. If this company is ripping people off then I help Will and others come out and say so. By the way, they're only a few short miles away from me.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Im doubtful he is glad he bought in.
If he was he would be back ... no ?
I'm thinking the same thing. But I prefer to hear it from Will personally. I am wondering if they got Will in a tight spot. Sort of like how Ben Saney of Amtex does his customers. You ever say a bad thing about an Amtex Machines, and Ben will leave you high and dry. So people are scared to tell the truth because of that.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
I think the answer is osme of both. Many companies make exaggerated claims, especially if the person on the phone is a salesperson paid on commission. They will be tempted to do waht is necessary to make a sale. This may or may not be company policy.

I do know some who have done OK with Restoration 911. So, there are opportunities to be had. BUt I am pretty sure extra work did not just fall in their lap because they signed-up. They worked to get it.

If you think something sounds too good to be true, you are probably right.

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
I mentioned this before but I checked into 911 before I bought into PuroClean. 911 has the same business plan as any other franchise except I felt they didn't provide enough market exposure to be significant. I wasn't convinced that they had enough contacts in the insurance industry and that their support was sufficient. They also charge by the head for an area which is too expensive IMO.
No matter what franchise you buy into; there is some guy on the other end just trying to get you to sign on the dotted line and after that; it's mostly on you. 911 is trying to build a brand but they are not quite there yet IMO.