Flying down to Los Angeles today to buy a WDR franchise | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Flying down to Los Angeles today to buy a WDR franchise

GregAllen

Nov 10, 2015
Anchorage
Real Name
John Doe
Bad advice. Do the math: Average flood $3,000. $1,000 plumber fee plus 30% is $1,900. Payroll at an average of 20%= $600. You are left with $500 in your pocket. With that $500 you must pay your fuel, workers comp, matching SS employment taxes, liability insurance, administrative expenses, etc etc etc. Thus, if you offer a $1,000 referral feel AND 30%, you will make no money, all while paying legal costs for for any possible lawsuits that may arise, and they WILL arise at some point.

Reactions: chubby
Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
Bad advice. Do the math: Average flood $3,000. $1,000 plumber fee plus 30% is $1,900. Payroll at an average of 20%= $600. You are left with $500 in your pocket. With that $500 you must pay your fuel, workers comp, matching SS employment taxes, liability insurance, administrative expenses, etc etc etc. Thus, if you offer a $1,000 referral feel AND 30%, you will make no money, all while paying legal costs for for any possible lawsuits that may arise, and they WILL arise at some point.
Is this what happened to @Will Reed your're saying.

I think the kid is more resilient than that

GregAllen

Nov 10, 2015
Anchorage
Real Name
John Doe
Don't know. I gave these details for the guy who boasted about $1,000 referral fees and 30% as what he pays plumbers. I had a water damage division prior to selling our former company. I analyze numbers in great detail and that guy's numbers just don't jive if one is to be profitable.

VORTEX6008

Dec 29, 2009
ca
Real Name
mat stone
Business Location
United States
Used to own a 911 restoration territory just outside the corporate territory.

Total joke. Mostly internet pay per click and other advertising- no program work
Might as well open your own business

Most calls were waste of time estimates

Mostly family and friends involved

Corporate events- if you don't speak Farsi , you will feel left out.

Unless anything has changed- u will be underwhelmed!

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
Used to own a 911 restoration territory just outside the corporate territory.

Total joke. Mostly internet pay per click and other advertising- no program work
Might as well open your own business

Most calls were waste of time estimates

Mostly family and friends involved

Corporate events- if you don't speak Farsi , you will feel left out.

Unless anything has changed- u will be underwhelmed!
Not the first time I hear this story.

Majestic Carpet Cleaning

Sep 30, 2014
Real Name
Carmen M Maglio
Why would someone offer both a referral fee and a % fee. Either 1 or the other never both.

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
it's OK when you joke with people you know but I don't think this guys knows will nor was he joking.
He lives in the same city as Will. He knows Will and he wasn't joking.
Ya, rather rude to post that comment. He could just pick up the phone and call Will and see what's up etc.
We all ( well most) hope for the best for Will. Hell we hope for the best for all our band of brothers here.

Reactions: Jimmy Hitt and Omar
Jul 15, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
Real Name
AJ Dedic
Business Location
United States
He lives in the same city as Will. He knows Will and he wasn't joking.
Ya, rather rude to post that comment. He could just pick up the phone and call Will and see what's up etc.
We all ( well most) hope for the best for Will. Hell we hope for the best for all our band of brothers here.

Will seems like a good guy, at least from his previous posts on tmf and I think he got screwed like a mofo with this deal. 911 restoration calls me every 2-3 months saying we have work available in your area now can you help us and when you say yes then they transfer you to a lady who shall remain nameless to talk you into buying a franchise. Now when they call me I just say will this turn into a sales pitch to buy your franchise? Usually they don't know what to say.

I really hope Will is doing well, but by him not posting any details here it sure seems sketchy. Unless 911 Restoration prohibited him from doing so.. Who knows.

Latest posts