Flying down to Los Angeles today to buy a WDR franchise

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Dont know what all in sales training they provided. Wiill never said or i missed it.

They seem to be focused on internet mainly, problem is going to be very difficult to replace the ones on top.
Much much more competitive then 5 years ago.

So i hope he has other lead sources...

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
I've read this thread and I will say franchise is the way to go it just comes down to joining the right one
This is your '1st post and your pushing a franchise? Spam warning.

Tell us about yourself, experience, what equipment do you have? Why are you here on TMF? Welcome.

Reactions: 212.0
Aug 3, 2015
Real Name
Travis grant
This is your '1st post and your pushing a franchise? Spam warning.

Tell us about yourself, experience, what equipment do you have? Why are you here on TMF? Welcome.
Thanks for the warm welcome I'm actually not pushing a franchise is all I would be open to helping people not get involved with the wrong one however I'm a big advocate for the small business owner I spend my career meeting with them and I've seen far too many get involved in a lifelong decision that they regret

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
what ever happened to that More Floods program that was advertising on here? didnt someone buy into the deal?
They looked like they had a good program. I was looking into it but I want to talk to someone in California that's doing it first. The more floods guys looked to have an impressive operation.

Aug 3, 2015
Real Name
Travis grant
Yes, I would always be open to guidance. I've been browsing this forum for months looks like a good group. At least a few times a week I even tell a business owner that our franchise is not a good match for their business. I'm sure it wouldn't be long before someone came on confirming that.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
don't hear from will much anymore, must me busy.
No doubt he is busy with his Val-pac advertising on the carpet cleaning side.
His city of Missoula Montana has a population of 80k.
He can get anywhere around in 10-15 mins. I'm sure he is banging off 5-7 jobs a day and hitting the 1kaday mark.
Perhaps he is getting some WDR overflow from another restoration company in his area. Highly doubt the 911 thing is working out and Will is just remaining silent about this franchise purchase.

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Busy planning his revenge on 911 Water Damage.
What can he really do Johhny? Hopefully the franchise is gonna work out for him... but I'm not holding my breath.
He has enough WDR equipment to do one dryout.... what happens when he needs to respond to another dryout .
Can't pull out the dehums and airmovers from first job......
I have mentioned all along .... gotta have the insurance adjusters on board.
He will get his WDR jobs from uninsured homes just from advertising and internet ( but nobody ever wants to spend the money to do a correct drying).
And the insurance jobs... well the adjuster's already have their prefered outfits.
Now if Missoula had a rash of flooded basements due to heavy rains this could put his foot in the door with adjusters .
Man..... in my area there is no such thing as a small restoration company.
They all have many bodies for 24 hour service with all the subtrades.
Many many variables .
So glad I never pursued WDR .... took the IICRC WDR class and almost dropped 20k on drying equipment that would have sat in my garage and take up space.
Still get calls from people who get water in their basement but they are uninsured and again don't want to spend money to have it dried out properly.
We won't do WDR .... we refer them to the restoration guys , and then they won't even take them on because.... Yup you guessed it... they are not insured.
We do work a few restoration companys ( they sub us the carpet cleaning, uph and furnace and duct).

Reactions: Johnny Bravo