Flying down to Los Angeles today to buy a WDR franchise

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I would love to know also.

In time we will. Will is a straight shooter. He may wait longer then most before he reaches his cinlcusion. But it will be the truth. That I know.

Reactions: Vito

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
I dont know the details but overall would give it 3 years.

Sometimes i go through these periods where i cant sell myself out of a wet paper bag. Other times the work just keeps coming and have no clue why.

Reactions: Nick Miladinov

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Here's the real question for will:
How many water jobs had your franchise given you? And how many have I given you?
Awfully nice of you to give Will jobs ( personally I would want a small finders fee etc).
Yup would also like to know how many jobs this so called franchise has given Will ( especially the money it has cost him).
Really like Will and hope he is getting WDR work .

owenscott

Aug 6, 2009
Friggin Cold Upstate NY
Real Name
Stop snoopin u homo
Business Location
United States
Lets not forget this so called franchise not only isnt giving him work they are telling him to sign up for another lead generation site so he can give them money too.
All those jobs in his area they said they had ... Those jobs dried up i guess.

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Lets not forget this so called franchise not only isnt giving him work they are telling him to sign up for another lead generation site so he can give them money too.
All those jobs in his area they said they had ... Those jobs dried up i guess.
Up in my area any insurance jobs are sewn up years ago by the restoration company that impressed the adjusters.
I get WDR calls from uninsured people and they want a bandaid and pay fuk all so I don't do them.
I could buy a franchise tomorrow and all the work they PROMISE me I would question.
Will would be wise to advertise WDR work and see what happens ( get the small jobs) my understanding is he has enough equipment to do one average dryout. What happens when you need to respond to three WDR ( yup buy more equipment... Will isn't even putting the stuff he has now to work ( maybe so but not from this socalled franchise opportunity)
Try to talk to the insurance adjusters to see if they would even CONSIDER him.
Up my way there are no small restoration company's.
They have a large staff ready for 24 hour service with all the subtrades in house.
They can do packouts etc.. Insurance company only wants to deal with writing one cheque . Highly doubt Will is set up for this.
Different animal WDR... takes alot of capital and then you need to have the adjusters throwing you work. Or perhaps working as a sub contractor doing spill off for an already established outfit.
Would be nice for Will to chime in... maybe I'm in left field here.. don't think so though!

H2odryguy

Oct 20, 2014
Real Name
Kevin Noland
I the past 5 years I have purchased equipment from 3 start ups that failed in this market. I've tried to see if I could help will by giving him my overflow, instead of going after him and any leads he may get. It's a pretty tight community with deep relationships that continue to feed those that are healthy in business. The market had one huge company with 8 locations across the state, and then several mid to small operations. It's really a tough market to break into.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
I the past 5 years I have purchased equipment from 3 start ups that failed in this market. I've tried to see if I could help will by giving him my overflow, instead of going after him and any leads he may get. It's a pretty tight community with deep relationships that continue to feed those that are healthy in business. The market had one huge company with 8 locations across the state, and then several mid to small operations. It's really a tough market to break into.
So your the man in that area?

H2odryguy

Oct 20, 2014
Real Name
Kevin Noland
Johnny, I think the same. I was interested in 911 about 7 years ago when the big dog in this area started using the tag line, 911 for your home. But that was way too close to the franchise 911. In fact the big dog here, there phone number is +++-4911.. So the franchise 911 is a bad fit in this market.
The 911 franchise was picked up
5 years ago here by a new start up, it didn't last long at all.
I've only been operating in this area since 1997, I've seen plenty come and go in that time..!!

H2odryguy

Oct 20, 2014
Real Name
Kevin Noland
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1438229424.204001.jpg
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1438229444.598881.jpg
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1438229461.239830.jpg

Fun drying set up today..!

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
I called this company because I saw that Will was into them. After talking to them and reviewing their FDD I wasn't convinced that they were able to deliver.
Most FDDs will say something to the effect that "your success or failure will be on you". Even though the franchise will try to build some brand recognition and implement some "programs" with insurance companies; they dont "get" you work. I just felt that 911 didn't have enough of a market presence to be a viable investment. I hope things are going well though.