Flu shot. Do you get one?

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
The shot is never 100% accurate. There are so many strands in the virus family. Sometimes they get lucky and prevent the flu.

Grn Steamer

Dec 5, 2014
Real Name
Matt R
Yep. My kids did. They can only predict what flu types to prepare for in the next season. The shot doesn't cover them all.
The above is someting to think about. After flu season starts we know which strain is most prevalent...if they guessed wrong on the strain the shot is utterly uneffective. So often later in flu season they are selling flu shots with a certian prevcieved effectiveness when in fact they know it's not effective against the current most prevalent strain. Carry on.

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Ok i got a flu shot. Insurance covered it and i was at supermarket anyway so fuggit :D took like 5 minutes tops and i ate all the cookie samples. Now lets see if i get sick. Btw last time i had the actual flu i cant remember when it was so long ago. So ill be the Guinea pig. Weee weee weeeeee

May 10, 2018
Real Name
Jhon
My sister got flu shot when she was 16 (now 22) and has ben sick/flu almost every single month after having flu/vac shot. Ive heard the good and bad of getting it, i think it depends on person and how strong of immune system. And conspiracy or not bil gates is a peice of just like the clintons. De population is the ideology of the devil

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
So far so good lol im workin out again too. Just not with weights. And eating burger king my arm feels like rigor mortis though. So i better jump when i miss with the axe. Already smashed my shin with a split that shot off. Gotta have an old tire around somewhere. See if i get sick later or not after i calm down and relax.
20181207_131008.jpg
20181207_155749.jpg

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Been getting the flu shot every year for the past 5 years or so. Haven't gotten the flu since.
Different people have different constitutions. My grandfather ate fatback, bacon and eggs for breakfast every day and died at 96. My mom is 92 now. Most these days have weakened constitutions or immune systems due to hormones, artificial ingredients and drug use. Question. Did you get the flu much before you started the shot?

EVDOG

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
Evdog
Different people have different constitutions. My grandfather ate fatback, bacon and eggs for breakfast every day and died at 96. My mom is 92 now. Most these days have weakened constitutions or immune systems due to hormones, artificial ingredients and drug use. Question. Did you get the flu much before you started the shot?
Yes I did. Atleast once a year. Bad. Pukin. Pissin out my ass. It sucked. I guess the flu shot works for me. Maybe not for everybody. I offer all my employees free flu shots. Every year. Not once has anybody taken me up on my offer.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I've only gotten moderately sick from flu shots years ago, but I can't even remember far enough back to know when I got my last one. I suspect it was while in college in the late 70's or early 80's. I rarely ever get sick and if I do I just take some over the counter cold & flu meds to get me through it and alleviate the symptoms so I can function. I won't take another flu shot likely ever.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
My grandmother was the same way and lived to 103. However, she was a very moderate eater (she didn't stuff herself at the table) and canned a lot of what she ate for many years fresh from the garden. She had her own little orchard in her backyard and canned fresh apples, peaches, blackberries, strawberries, etc. every year for years. I have no doubt that contributed to her overall health. She never exercised a day in her life that I know of, but kept her house and planted a garden every year by herself until she was pretty old.

I'd like to add one thing. When Grandma was in her mid 90's she fell and broke her hip and had to go into a nursing home. They drugged her up so much to keep her quiet that she actually didn't know anyone or anything for a couple years. She didn't know me when I went to see her. My Mom & Dad took her out to live with them and in a very short while her mind cleared up and she lived out the last several years of her life fully cognizant and able to get around with a walker! I was the last person to see her alive and she died peacefully in her sleep.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I never take the flu shot because my wife is a lab technician and she advised me that its not healthy to do so. I never have the flu, all year long eat organic not hormonic, eat healthy and nothing will happen to you until death. Also in winter season just drink the 1000 MG vitamin C and pre-pare fresh ginger from the store with pure honey, you won't need that flu shot at all.

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I never take the flu shot because my wife is a lab technician and she advised me that its not healthy to do so. I never have the flu, all year long eat organic not hormonic, eat healthy and nothing will happen to you until death. Also in winter season just drink the 1000 MG vitamin C and pre-pare fresh ginger from the store with pure honey, you won't need that flu shot at all.
I only eat steak, meatballs, sausage, potatoes, bread, milk, pizza, cheesesteaks, diet iced tea :D lol, watermelon pronounced woodermelon around these parts, and clif bars occasional cheeseburger at BK. And rarely ever get sick. Cold comes and goes. But never really have a fever with it. Just sore throat. But if i stop working I'll probably have a heart attack from what i eat lol. I hate vegetables. I flat out cannot eat them. Unless they are covered in salt.

This time i got the shot. No side effect this time from it. Just stiff muscle where it was injected. Probably will never get it again.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I only eat steak, meatballs, sausage, potatoes, bread, milk, pizza, cheesesteaks, diet iced tea :D lol, watermelon pronounced woodermelon around these parts, and clif bars occasional cheeseburger at BK. And rarely ever get sick. Cold comes and goes. But never really have a fever with it. Just sore throat. But if i stop working I'll probably have a heart attack from what i eat lol. I hate vegetables. I flat out cannot eat them. Unless they are covered in salt.

This time i got the shot. No side effect this time from it. Just stiff muscle where it was injected. Probably will never get it again.
Hmmmm, absolutely speechless. I have seen those old 95 year old still smoking and no sign of any ilness, you must be one of them, then in the other hand my Portuguese neighbor who died at around 60 who had lots of problems with no smoking nor drinking.

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Hmmmm, absolutely speechless. I have seen those old 95 year old still smoking and no sign of any ilness, you must be one of them, then in the other hand my Portuguese neighbor who died at around 60 who had lots of problems with no smoking nor drinking.
If your numbers up its up.
IMG_20181204_171554.jpg