What’s your take on them?

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I got it once. Sick as a dying mule

Never got one again. Haven't been I'll since 1978.
And the doctor will tell you thats impossible right? Thats what they told me. Even that stupid nasal spray for allergies. I got bloody noses from it. Doctor said never heard that before. I said it says it right on the damn box under side effects smh.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Every time I got one I got sick. My wife made the kids get one and they were fine. Last yr I got the flu so bad however I thought I was going to die. First time in my life went to the ER. Hope it’s not that bad this year

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Every time I got one I got sick. My wife made the kids get one and they were fine. Last yr I got the flu so bad however I thought I was going to die. First time in my life went to the ER. Hope it’s not that bad this year
What don't kill you only makes you stronger. But, it takes getting sick to build up for it unfortunately.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Curious has anyone gotten the flu shot then got the full blown flu?

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
I don’t get one . When I worked for the health system I had too ,but that was only one time . Spent so much time in the ER cleaning that winter it was crazy . Respiratory techs deserved medals for their work . Shot was about 20% effective that year . Really didn’t get sick that year but did have a cold for a few days . Last time I got sick I ended up on antibiotics for a total of thirty days . The last one finally kicked what I had . Nearly ended up in the hospital . I take a dozen vitamins and supplements every day and also drinkable yogurt .
Reason ?? I like to eat and drink like a slovenly King !! Food is a huge weakness for me and since I have given up the “ 40 hour week “ I really need to cut back . If you’re in an environment where you’re exposed to people with colds and flu protect yourself .
1. Wash you hands and arms up to the elbow and dry them with paper towels and not a cloth towel used by someone else .
Now use hand sanitizer and cover those areas you just washed .
2. Eat or drink yogurt or take a probiotic every day and ESPECIALLY if by chance you are on antibiotics. Antibiotics kill ALL bacteria , GOOD and BAD . Don’t suffer needlessly.
3. Multivitamin, D 3 , Zinc each day will help keep the immune system going .
Works for me and I hope ALL here are happy and healthy !!
All the Best , Ed

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I'm all for flu shots - for those who can receive them without complications.

Most vaccines are essentially attenuated (weakened) virus, meaning you should get at least a mild case for a few days as your body develops antibodies. There's also recombinant vaccine, which only uses certain proteins found in the virus and not the virus itself. The CDC and WHO both say it's impossible for a vaccine to give you true flu - however, I've seen too many people experience severe flu immediately after getting vaccinated to believe that 100%. Perhaps they manage to catch the flu before the vaccine kicks in, or maybe they're exposed to someone with flu while getting the shot, who can say.

Regardless, the effects of a serious flu can (and do) kill many people every year, and if a vaccine gives you a 101-degree fever but saves you from a 104-degree fever, I'm all for it. GET IT.