Flood quote

yeshuaisiam

Sep 13, 2011
Real Name
Christian
Business Location
United States
Just had a guy text me who was a medical doctor.

He said his water heater broke, and they got all the water shut off. He had 2 rooms that were "soaked" with water.

I told him that I charge $125 per room for emergency water removal. I would give him priority and re-schedule all the other appointments I had to immediately remove the water - and "will come RIGHT NOW". I thought this was a STEAL.

He came back and said "he is working with several quotes and my quote is twice the price as everybody else".

I laughed at first, then it kind of freaked me....

Do people really sit there for a couple of hours figuring up quotes for water removal? Standing water only damages a home further, I can't imagine it at all. If it was my home I MAY call 2 people, perhaps 3... If one seemed ridiculous that is... But if somebody was like "I will come right now", that kind of service costs IMHO.

Was this a ridiculous quote, because he sure made me feel that way?

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States

He said his water heater broke, and they got all the water shut off. He had 2 rooms that were "soaked" with water.

I told him that I charge $125 per room for emergency water removal. I would give him priority and re-schedule all the other appointments I had to immediately remove the water - and "will come RIGHT NOW". I thought this was a STEAL.

He came back and said "he is working with several quotes and my quote is twice the price as everybody else".

Do people really sit there for a couple of hours figuring up quotes for water removal? Standing water only damages a home further, I can't imagine it at all. If it was my home I MAY call 2 people, perhaps 3... If one seemed ridiculous that is... But if somebody was like "I will come right now", that kind of service costs IMHO.

He's a Moron Bro! Your price was Fine!

Steamin' Seaman

Jun 15, 2010
Maine
Real Name
Buddy
Business Location
United States
Emergency Fee
100 bucks and hour for extractions, this is with a TM.
Rent out equipment.

Reactions: Troyster

No.9

Oct 10, 2013
Real Name
Mitch D.
"Oh....you're a Medical Doctor, let me get out my self-important calculator". Since most extraction companies charge by time...your are being feed bs about their rates. I don't work for obviously dishonest people!

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
"Oh....you're a Medical Doctor, let me get out my self-important calculator". Since most extraction companies charge by time...your are being feed bs about their rates. I don't work for obviously dishonest people!
Huh? Over my head Mitch...Please explain...!

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Like the new Avatar Mike! Leopards? Caught where?
Nice knowledge! Well it's almost sharkin' season , so I put up a fishing pic. I go out to Tomales Bay, about 45 minutes away. If you check out my youtube site prosteam47 my youngest son is on video trying to catch them with his bare hands. We are in a school of about 100 of them in the video.

Reactions: aloha one

Troyster

Apr 24, 2013
Terrace BC
Real Name
Troy Sims
Business Location
Canada

tell him to get a Shop Vac and F right Off!

Last edited:

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
This is a tactic used by property managers to try and get you to drop your price...hate those deushce bags! the nerve it takes to try and rip off a carpet cleaner by using this tactic is sickening... people like this deserve a bait and switch...

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Nice knowledge! Well it's almost sharkin' season , so I put up a fishing pic. I go out to Tomales Bay, about 45 minutes away. If you check out my youtube site prosteam47 my youngest son is on video trying to catch them with his bare hands. We are in a school of about 100 of them in the video.
Dang! Step up to the BULLS! They dont Bite they take CHUNKS!

Troyster

Apr 24, 2013
Terrace BC
Real Name
Troy Sims
Business Location
Canada
This is a tactic used by property managers to try and get you to drop your price...hate those deushce bags! the nerve it takes to try and rip off a carpet cleaner by using this tactic is sickening... people like this deserve a bait and switch...
Emergency Water Removal is something you definitely don't want to dicker around with trying to save a few bucks! The dumb ass is risking mold and rot damage! What a moron!

Reactions: cleanstreaksc

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
AMEN my Man!

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Ah so so been a rough few months slaving for da man you know... people being tight...but had a good solid 1300 day today..
Dang Brah..Way to Go Amigo! Damn I wish I had met you earlier! Never Know..What life Brings eh Brudda!