Fleet management system-Good? Bad? Best? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Fleet management system-Good? Bad? Best?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Ordering fleet management systems. Looking at one with GPS, dash & cab cam, fuel data and driving-braking-turning data storage. Pulling the trigger today but before I do wondering if anyone uses or knows of a superior brand than Safety Track? They say theirs is superior and it excels in managing employees driving, texting, phone habits and is good for possible accident recording as well as accident prevention. Seems a small price to pay. Any suggestions?

Fleet camera.jpeg

Cleaning Concierge

Jul 13, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Real Name
Barrett Wiley
Business Location
United States
Where will you store the captured footage? Real-time tracking?

I'm looking into this as well. I will ask my one of our customers what they use. It's a waste company with 30+ trucks and vehicles.

SunnyDays Carpet Cleaning

Aug 23, 2014
Real Name
David Dubois
Ordering fleet management systems. Looking at one with GPS, dash & cab cam, fuel data and driving-braking-turning data storage. Pulling the trigger today but before I do wondering if anyone uses or knows of a superior brand than Safety Track? They say theirs is superior and it excels in managing employees driving, texting, phone habits and is good for possible accident recording as well as accident prevention. Seems a small price to pay. Any suggestions?

View attachment 52556

View attachment 52556
Big Brother! LMAO

Reactions: StevenB.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Where will you store the captured footage? Real-time tracking?

I'm looking into this as well. I will ask my one of our customers what they use. It's a waste company with 30+ trucks and vehicles.
I want one you can view live and also records by dvr and dumps out once a month. Too much to ask?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Personally I love navman wireless. Had it on all the patrol cars. Guys couldn't even get out of the car without me knowing about it
Can you tell me more about the navman wireless?

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
Can you tell me more about the navman wireless?
Yes sir sure can. Take some time tomorrow and call me 334-314-6140. I'll fill in all the details. Call me around lunch my time which is around 2 your time. You can't go wrong with navman. By the way they have a app on Google play store

Reactions: rob allen

ash

Mar 15, 2017
Real Name
ash d
If you or a someone you know is somewhat tech savvy there are plenty of open source (free) solutions out there such as https://www.traccar.org/

if not https://www.fleetio.com/ is pretty dang good and if I remember is only about 4 bucks per assets. Stanley steemer / Servepro etc use them still I think.