Sterling

Aug 19, 2013
York Region
www.sterlingcnr.com
Real Name
Ryan Sterling
Business Location
Canada
So I'm all set up for a big job today (yes Sunday long weekend) with a helper. The custy just bought the house and will be moving in and they need their air ducts, windows and carpets cleaned. I look down near my ankle and my leg is swimming in fleas!

My helper took off, wanted no part of it. So I'm left alone for the next 11 hours covered in fleas.

What would you have done? It was just over $800 for everything. Worth it?

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
@Sterling
greed will sink you if you keep making poor decisions like that.

You need to pull all of your equipment, bomb your van and treat ALL equipment in your van.

YIKES yo

NOT smooth at all.
WE are NOT exterminators
we clean.

Thats why we do walk through s BEFORE we bring our equipment in. IF there are bugs you NEVER bring your equipment into that environment. It is irresponsible and NOT right to your future customers or your own family.

Sometimes you have to tell customers the hard truth.
IF their home or properties are infested they are infested.

Did you take the bugs home with you
HOw are you going to protect your future customers you do tomorrow and Tuesday from getting fleas from the eggs that could now be on ALL of your equipment...........

Yowsers

Dont let greed be your undoing
Its ok to walk or postpone some jobs.
A flea ridden house needs a few weeks to be treated by a pro and then rechecked. You do NOT solve a massive bug infestation overnight.

You let greed get the best of you.
Hence why you made this post.

I hope you do NOT get them in your own home from this.
It will costs you more than the few pennies you made and yes 800 bucks is pennies, to pay a pro exterminator to rid your own home............

Yikes bros.....................

Sterling

Aug 19, 2013
York Region
www.sterlingcnr.com
Real Name
Ryan Sterling
Business Location
Canada
I can't inspect everyone's house with a microscope before I do a job. I do about 1000 a year. I was already set up when we noticed. Everything got hosed off thoroughly before going back in the van. As for myself, clothes and shoes hosed off at the end of the job and put in a plastic bag.

It's hard to walk from $800. It's not about greed. I don't always have big days like this (especially all at one place).

Reactions: Omar

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
I can't inspect everyone's house with a microscope before I do a job. I do about 1000 a year. I was already set up when we noticed. Everything got hosed off thoroughly before going back in the van. As for myself, clothes and shoes hosed off at the end of the job and put in a plastic bag.

It's hard to walk from $800. It's not about greed. I don't always have big days like this (especially all at one place).
11 hours for $800 covered in fleas ain't worth it, IMO.
That said, in my younger days, I've been covered in fleas around the ankles for a helluvalot less....
If the fleas are this aggressive, it's been empty for quite a few days.

Reactions: Sterling

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States

Just so you know
Female fleas can lay 200 plus eggs each time. they do this once a week (not so sure but in very short time).
out of those two hundred eggs at least 50% hatch and become adults in ten days. They are ready to lay more eggs in 10 days, the female anyways.

So all you need is two of them in your underwear and 30 days to have your family infested in fleas.
The typical exterminator will charge at least 250 for a complete fogging (basic) with the up sales and other visits
your $800 will pay for half the treatment of your home should it become infested.

Just some food for thought.

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Just so you know
Female fleas can lay 200 plus eggs each time. they do this once a week (not so sure but in very short time).
out of those two hundred eggs at least 50% hatch and become adults in ten days. They are ready to lay more eggs in 10 days, the female anyways.

So all you need is two of them in your underwear and 30 days to have your family infested in fleas.
The typical exterminator will charge at least 250 for a complete fogging (basic) with the up sales and other visits
your $800 will pay for half the treatment of your home should it become infested.

Unless it's south of the border...
Mexican fleas lay 4-600 eggs at a time and have half the just action time per egg...
FYI....only Mexicans have a child's song where a flea and a louse fall in love and get married....
True story. Ever heard the song "El piojo y la pulga"
That's a fuking real kids song in Mexico. :D

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
Shoe covers and deep woods. Minimum and it better be a good damn job. Deep woods will actually keep them off you. I have treated many flea bag houses. It can be done but gotta be prepared. I get calls asking if I should clean before or after treatment. I say after. Way after.

Reactions: Sterling

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Just so you know

I know you know that shyt Martin...."Tito lo lito , lito lito lito, tito lo lito, lito lito la..."

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
I know you know that shyt Martin...."Tito lo lito , lito lito lito, tito lo lito, lito lito la..."

lol I used to listen to this music when I was a child. there was a radio station that played this guys music for 1 hour every morning.
my Mom loved to listen to it so I had to as well. I love it still

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
lol I used to listen to this music when I was a child. there was a radio station that played this guys music for 1 hour every morning.
my Mom loved to listen to it so I had to as well. I love it still
This is what I'm saying... No Mexican who was born before the falling of the Berlin Wall hasn't heard "El piojo y la pulga".
Just because I can formulate an intelligent sentence doesn't mean I didn't grow up eating nopales and knowing at least three girls named "Gorda"...

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
This is what I'm saying... No Mexican who was born before the falling of the Berlin Wall hasn't heard "El piojo y la pulga".
Just because I can formulate an intelligent sentence doesn't mean I didn't grow up eating nopales and knowing at least three girls named "Gorda"...
Lol yeappppp...

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
FYI , (for all you gueros) messkin culture , in hindsight is very cruel in terms of nicknames. Never thought about it until I was an adult. What other culture has such cruel nicknames THAT ACTUALLY STICK?!!
I mean , you've got adults walking around with their childhood nicknames.
People actually refer to them in their fuked up childhood nicknames.
Martin, back me up here....
"Gordo"/ "Gorda"...(Fatty)
"Sapo" (Toad)
"Chino" (Cinese eyes)
"Chata" (Chubby cheeks)

We had a cousin named Tina.
Her official name was "Tina, La Niña , Culo cochina"
Tina, the girl with the dirty butt... We used to sing it in unison...
Crazy...

Mardie

Oct 31, 2013
Real Name
Mardie VanBree
Can any one tell me if flees have a preference where they live and lay there eggs such as in carpet or do they just go every were.

lmullica

Dec 27, 2009
Johnston, Iowa
www.mullicacarpetcare.com
Real Name
Larry Mullica
Business Location
United States
Just so you know
Unless it's south of the border...
Mexican fleas lay 4-600 eggs at a time and have half the just action time per egg...
OK. I get it. Mexican fleas are better than 'Merican fleas. That's all you had to say.:rolleyes::)

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
Can any one tell me if flees have a preference where they live and lay there eggs such as in carpet or do they just go every were.
Mostly on warm cozy areas. carpet clothing. and you find lots of them in homes with raised foundation under the home of course. They lay eggs mostly on floors.