Flattened Carpet Fibers | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Flattened Carpet Fibers

Silas

Sep 22, 2016
Real Name
Doug Hill
This comes from a small-time operator faced with a new challenge. I have a customer whose daughter worked "Slime" into some medium pile carpet probably at least a year ago, and the homeowner apparently tried removing it repeatedly with vinegar and water; at least that is all she has revealed. The fibers are absolutely flattened, reminding me of the forests surrounding Mount St. Helens after it blew.

Does anyone have any recommendations for restoring "body" to this carpet? I'm cleaning this carpet on Friday and will only be able to work with what solutions I have on hand, unless there is something I can pick up locally. Most of my cleaning I do is by wand but do also have a Rotovac, if that would work better for working into the carpet. Any tips out there?

THANKS in advance for any replies and advice.

Silas

Sep 22, 2016
Real Name
Doug Hill
Thank you so very much Ed. That makes good sense, and I'll put it into practice tomorrow.

I do appreciate your response and advice!

Silas

Sep 22, 2016
Real Name
Doug Hill
Vapor steamer and shopvac. You got to liquify it and extract.
I’ve got a machine that is a 3 in 1 vapor steamer/ injection/extractor all in one that makes quick work of this type of job.
In tardy fashion, Ed, thank you again. That did the trick, if she seemed disappointed that I couldn't remove the damage she did to the carpet fibers from her efforts to remove the Slime.

Much appreciated, still.