Fishing | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Fishing

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I am a very simple fisherman thanks to my Dad - mostly lunkers, cod, channel cats, the occasional bass. Back in the day I was all about the walleyes (what are sometimes called sticklebacks), and boy will they put up a fight. Itty bitty fish and he thinks he weighs twenty pounds, lol. They're the Jack Russels of the fish world.

Stinkbaits are always fun, they cause quite a ruckus in summer. Crickets, nightcrawlers, red wigglers, and the occasional shiner if I'm feeling adventurous. I don't have much luck with artificials because mostly I'm dragging the bottom and using finger-taps to feel the floor and tempt the sleepers. Artificials tend to get stuck on tree limbs and behind rocks and next thing you know, I'm rigging a new set on the end of my line. I use split shot almost exclusively to make sure I'm not dragging too hard, but if I'm going deep then I'll use a dipsey or a pyramid.

Local lakes will occasionally offer up gar, too, but I find that they hang out near turtles a lot and if you're going after one, you'd better make sure the snapper underneath him doesn't grab your bait first! Kerr Lake up near the Virginia border can sometimes provide HUGE catfish near the dam.

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
I buy the 60k bass boat and the multiple depth finders and all the best rods and lures and this happens..........
Mrs B.jpg

Over 6.5 lbs.

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
3rd place overall at St Clair last week. This is our 1st day catch. Ran 38 miles for these guys. My wife caught a 5.49 smallie the second day. We'll be going to nationals at Guntersville AL. in the spring. :)

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
We have excellent steelhead fishing here in the PNW, and one of my favorites to smoke... 2nd to copper river of course.

When its copper river time here its a big deal.. my ceramic kamado is burning! (big green egg)

speaking of I wonder if any TMFers are also Big Green Eggers?

Tater

Jan 14, 2014
Real Name
Richard Whithers
No Bass fisherman . But I love Perch fishing on lake Erie !! Can't beat a plate full of deep fried Perch!!
JIM
I can beat it, a blue, puppy drum or flounder right out of the ocean off the outer banks/ cape hatteras and in my tummy 2 hours later beats the hell out of that hahah!

Reactions: Jimsteam

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
God these Spam bots are getting sophisticated

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Looks like they belong on Tindr. Maybe they're setting up a hot fly fishing date...

Kxp

Nov 28, 2017
Real Name
Kenneth Pena
I am a fisherman also I like river fishing for trout and also trolling for trout in New Mexico.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Few pics from last years florida trip:D Got to take my boys and grandson deep sea fishing none of them had ever been such good times

Attachments

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Wish I had a Dad like you guys growing up

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Taking all my boys and grandkids deep sea fishing was at the top of my bucket list. Should have seen the look on their faces when they hooked onto a big ass grouper or red snapper priceless didnt stop smiling all day

Reactions: george8585 and Kxp

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Taking all my boys and grandkids deep sea fishing was at the top of my bucket list. Should have seen the look on their faces when they hooked onto a big ass grouper or red snapper priceless didnt stop smiling all day
Not to bang on the grouper, but those red snappers are bulldogs on the hook. Straight up pissed off all the way to the boat, love them! Florida eased restrictions on them recently, we used to have to grill them outside the fence and then come back to port.

Reactions: SRD

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Speaking of sea fishing, six hours trip paid off. My son's first deep sea fishing experience...

Attachments

Reactions: Hacky-sack

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Holy shit!!! Thats awsome!!!

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Go to sleep SRD. By the way, do you clean air ducts?