First year with a truckmount in the COLD!!!

Lau

Aug 3, 2012
Real Name
Laurian Ureche
The trouble I have with the temperature gauges is it won't send the signal through my trailer when it's closed up
Mine is receiving the signal thru 2 walls and the van closed. Not 100% of the time but close enough...on amazon I saw some have 300 feet range. Try and keep the unit near a window facing the trailer!

Sent from my SM-G930T using TMF Forums mobile app

Vintage4life

Jun 22, 2015
Real Name
Alex Pennock
I just bought this 4x4 beast for the winters! I do a lot of work in the mountains and it gets cold!

I am in the process of building it. I will probably make a new forum topic on it. I plan on having it spray insulated (roof and walls 2 in thick). Floor is already insulated and lined. Getting a solid wall/partition built to separate cargo and cab. Going to route exhaust from machine into the floor and diesel exhaust out the roof like a chimney. Then build a box on the outside of the van with all the hookups and switches/ignition for the machine. Will be able to start the machine without opening doors and hook everything up. Building it out so the doors almost never have to be opened except for pulling hoses out. I also have a second heater in the back of the van that's tied into the vans engine. So I will keep the van running for the first few min at each job to keep it toasty in the back.

Have had many lines freeze and it is extremely irritating. Gets so cold in the mountains I have watched water freeze in seconds. So I'm going to weatherproof this beast!

IMG_1483826376.206618.jpg
IMG_1483826408.079425.jpg
IMG_1483826435.881198.jpg
IMG_1483826476.619688.jpg

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Purge the lines and run RV anti freeze through them. Keep a heater running in there. Get it inside as much as you can. I've managed to find winter homes for all my equipment. Kind of sucks having to drive to several locations to get my stuff for a few hours of work.

Reactions: smart n kleen

MPR

Mar 10, 2014
Illinois
Real Name
Mike Raimer
Business Location
United States
For those that run antifreeze through the system, do you run through the water lines as well and how do you run through the pump as it is bypassed when recirculating the system

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

hma1972

Jul 28, 2015
Real Name
Carl Grey
This post is for the CC's who have to deal with freezing temps.
How do you guys handle the cold?
Avoiding frozen lines, water sources, protecting your cleaning solutions and protectors etc...
Do you leave the van running during the cleaning? Looking for suggestions to avoid any major damage to my pump, blower, engine etc!
( Or do you shut down until the weather warms? )
Save to be able to afford building a heated space for your truck mounts- or Rent a heated space... And on below zero days don't even bother trying to fight it unless absolutely necessary.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using TMF Forums mobile app

Reactions: Jeff Marek

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
This post is for the CC's who have to deal with freezing temps.
How do you guys handle the cold?
Avoiding frozen lines, water sources, protecting your cleaning solutions and protectors etc...
Do you leave the van running during the cleaning? Looking for suggestions to avoid any major damage to my pump, blower, engine etc!
( Or do you shut down until the weather warms? )

Move to South Florida! Not bad for today's temperature. I am fully dressed with my skull cap! I know I know, this is a walk in the park for most of you guys!
IMG_1483891882.792633.jpg

Reactions: 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
I hope your fully dressed. If not it would probably be bad for business.

Ha ha, it's Sunday usually I never work today. It's funny here, when it gets cold here you know the Floridians that are from here, there all bundled up. And the ones that are from up north are in shorts, tee shirt, and flip flops. Lol

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Move to South Florida! Not bad for today's temperature. I am fully dressed with my skull cap! I know I know, this is a walk in the park for most of you guys!View attachment 68928
That is perfect weather Gerald, I wish everyday was like that. We have been getting highs in the 50's and 60's and lows in the 30's.

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
That is perfect weather Gerald, I wish everyday was like that. We have been getting highs in the 50's and 60's and lows in the 30's.

Yep, year round work, really the only thing you have to worry about are the hurricanes, but you usually have a 4-8 day warning. Please pray for our country as well. That incident at the airport in Fort Lauderdale hit close to home! I live about 20 minutes north of their and it's our main airport we fly out of.

Jeff Marek

Aug 24, 2012
Real Name
Jeff Marek
Business Location
United States
Yep, year round work, really the only thing you have to worry about are the hurricanes, but you usually have a 4-8 day warning. Please pray for our country as well. That incident at the airport in Fort Lauderdale hit close to home! I live about 20 minutes north of their and it's our main airport we fly out of.

Sending our prayers, it's a terrible tragedy and one of the reasons why I have my head on a swivel.
You just never know nowadays!!!

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Wish that was my case. But supposedly it's going to be in the mid 30s next week. A hot front lol.
We all have something we do not like. I live in an area with low prices but year round work while others live in areas that charge higher but have to deal with the cold and rain thus loosing days of work.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Hurricanes have to be scary, all we get are sand storms here.

I hardly watch the news so I am not sure what happened at the airport in Fort Lauderdale but I will google it and see what happened.

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
Hurricanes have to be scary, all we get are sand storms here.

I hardly watch the news so I am not sure what happened at the airport in Fort Lauderdale but I will google it and see what happened.

Hurricanes are very scary, I went through about 5 or 6 of them in my lifetime. You have to respect it, just like anything else. Yeah Goggle that story you'll be schocked!

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Move to South Florida! Not bad for today's temperature. I am fully dressed with my skull cap! I know I know, this is a walk in the park for most of you guys!View attachment 68928

Lol thats the average temp 60-65 inside my house except summer cant get ac below 72.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Reactions: Dafloorman