first time using 175 | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

first time using 175

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson
thanks i used a carpet brush that came with it i think its burgandy @patrickyanello

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
see, that's why I don't like the rotary machines, when you get to the edge, they only brush in one direction vs a CRB which brushes all sides of all fibers. Look closely in front of the sofa - still dirty

But then again, Im super picky

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
I bought the Sanitaire SC6001 Floor Machine, about 57 pounds, 12 inch, but can use 13 or 14 inch with it I expect, as I been told. So, I am returning my Oreck, and planning to use this. I liked the Oreck. I just think this is better, with the weight, and still very portable. Pat

Reactions: Frank Fratto

Jimbo Williams

May 11, 2009
NC
precisionsteamcleaning.com
Real Name
Jim Williams
Business Location
United States
Looks great! I've been thinking about getting a small rotary again or a CRB. I had a 175 that I only used to use on the greasy restaurant I did, but they installed tile and got rid of the greasy carpet and I didn't use it on residential. It does make a difference though.

Reactions: Jim Chen

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
I bought the Sanitaire SC6001 Floor Machine, about 57 pounds, 12 inch, but can use 13 or 14 inch with it I expect, as I been told. So, I am returning my Oreck, and planning to use this. I liked the Oreck. I just think this is better, with the weight, and still very portable. Pat
Keep your oreck for agitating stairs! Work from top down...real back saver.

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Keep your oreck for agitating stairs! Work from top down...real back saver.
I hear ya. I thought about that, I think I saw your other post on it. Instead, I I'd rather use a long handled brush. Yet, what you said is a great option. Pat

Reactions: Allied

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
This is not my vid...but i use the same technique with a blue brush instead of a bonnet...then rinse...kicks arse.

https://youtu.be/ym7PNKwEBTA
It's kinda like fightin a fish or something, don't know how that would work with one's back, dropin that thing down there, for us giant guys, 6' 4" or something tall. Pat

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
Reactions: StevenB.

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
This is not my vid...but i use the same technique with a blue brush instead of a bonnet...then rinse...kicks arse. https://youtu.be/ym7PNKwEBTA
It's kinda like fightin a fish or something, don't know how that would work with one's back, dropin that thing down there, for us giant guys, 6' 4" or something tall. Pat
Works great for me (5'11")...but for big guys...adding a handle 12" from the head and working the stairs from bottom up will kill it as well. https://youtu.be/QuBQanXyRSY

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
i guess its safe to say i should have been had a 175 on the truck...the things i have learned from this forum

View attachment 74640View attachment 74641
I'm picky also, but my vision is not great, so I like it. Good job. There is always room for self improvement, so just keep improving your methods. Once you get your reputation going and keep reinventing yourself, you have nothing to worry about at all.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Grab oreck by the fork in strong hand. Other hand rests on handle. Facing stairs work down with oreck just above waist height. Swiping machine side to side. And tipping machine to grind noseing good. Move machine down a tread, step down a tread. Only the last few treads will you be straining your back on. Much better then using brush manually. That does works but... your back will definitely feel that being huntched over brushing by hand.

Reactions: Luky and Allied

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I'm picky also, but my vision is not great, so I like it. Good job. There is always room for self improvement, so just keep improving your methods. Once you get your reputation going and keep reinventing yourself, you have nothing to worry about at all.
Excellent Advice !!! Every job is your calling card and referral machine !!! Treat them like youd clean it for yourself or your mother.