Finally decided on first machine!!

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
Well guys, just want to thank everyone for you help and answers to all of our questions!

We decided to go with a Cross-American Recoil XPS3 and think we made the right choice based on our needs.

Had a long talk with Mr. Valentine today, about an hour! He is very helpful and willing to answer any and all of our questions that we had, and there were a lot!

It was a lengthy process and were killing ourselves trying to pick a unit..... We are very happy with our choice and look forward to talking to you guys!:lifting:

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Yes do keep us posted. Also what was the overriding feature or reason for your decision Edgar???

SeriousHeat

Jul 22, 2008
North Georgia
Real Name
Matt Weddle
Congratulations! I know you guys were really struggling with making your decision.

I've heard lots of greats things about Ed Valentine and Cross-American.

Matt

El_Chapo

Oct 22, 2008
Nor Cal
Real Name
IAP
Floor guy, please keep us updated with your purchase, and do not forget to give your opinion from the portable.
Good luck and be ready to make more money.
We'll be able to give you an opinion that only a couple of rookies could give. I'm guessing we're gonna think it's the greatest thing ever since it will be the first machine we've actually used.

Ed was very helpful over the phone, answering any and all questions we could throw at him over the lengthy conversation.

I'll let E chime in on the rest of the questions.

Ivan

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
Yes do keep us posted. Also what was the overriding feature or reason for your decision Edgar???
The overriding feature for us was the ability to run more hose from the van/trailer (still working on that too:taz:) and still have enough power to do a good job. We did a lot of research and crunched all the #'s....all of them! Also, really like the "modular" feature that gives us the option to upgrade parts directly from Ed as need/afford them.

We just liked what everyone had to say about Ed and his company. On top of that, all the times we called Cross-American Ed was the one who answered the phone, and that means a lot to us!!

Even though we are very new to this trade, I feel 100% confident that we made the right choice!

Looking forward to giving you guys a full review and write-up. Thanks again!

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Floorguy,

Good for you. I can just imagine how difficult such a decision would be especially in today's economy. I certainly wish you the best. With that long hose make sure Ed puts an auto fill/auto pump out on your unit or you'll need roller skates to keep emptying that rig. The af/ap will also be very helpful for tile and grout cleaning where you will use a lot of water.

John

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
Hi Floorguy,

Good for you. I can just imagine how difficult such a decision would be especially in today's economy. I certainly wish you the best. With that long hose make sure Ed puts an auto fill/auto pump out on your unit or you'll need roller skates to keep emptying that rig. The af/ap will also be very helpful for tile and grout cleaning where you will use a lot of water.

John

Thanks for the tips John!! When we talked to Ed on the phone, we were asking about all the features as far as: auto dump/fill, extra tanks, boosters, etc.

Rather than selling us all that stuff to make a buck, he very honestly told to get the unit and see what works for us as far as accessories. Now that we think about it, that was an awesome suggestion.

We can now get the unit and use it, and who knows maybe we won't need all that extra stuff that we wanted to buy in the first place. Then again, we might all that stuff and then some.....but only time will tell.:5:

Gman

Dec 3, 2008
WI
Real Name
Johnny B L
Business Location
United States
Hi Floorguy,

With that long hose make sure Ed puts an auto fill/auto pump out on your unit or you'll need roller skates to keep emptying that rig.
John
Ed probably threw them in FREE..!! :hi:

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
Thanks to all above.

Edgar and his Brother are some of the nicest individuals around. Very respectful and very intelligent and insightful. They really did their research so they really were more familiar with what they were looking for than most believe it or not. The neat thing about these individuals is their "positive" attitude which is IMHO, the number one key element of success of most any business operation.

Gman, We do not sell roller skates (Glad to see you here on this board btw!) however, John L, When & if they ever require a pump-out/in system, they can add that to their operation------they can have that available easily. That situation if so desired, has already been solved by some CA innovation!

The very best to all & Happy Holidays;
Ed Valentine
cross-american.com

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
This look like Obama and McCain..
I was thinking the same thing Locko!!

Ed, thanks for the kind words! We are 100% positive we made the right choice (no shootout needed) with your unit! We've already done a couple of jobs from a 100' and were very happy with the ease of cleaning and dry times.

We only need 1 more accessory, and we are off and running.........

Nick P

Sep 30, 2008
Florida
Real Name
Nick Palumbo
Business Location
United States
Cross America

Hey Ed,
I talked with you last week about one of your machines, I just have a couple of questions. I left you a message on saturday and I hope we can talk on Monday.
Thanks Nick :AddEmoticons04259:

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
Nick;

Yes, sir, and thank you very much for the phone call and conversation!

We will do everything within our power to help you achieve your goals as quickly as possible. I remember when I first started back in '72, so we'll try to dodge all those hurdles and make it as straight a line as possible!:AddEmoticons0423:

The very best, sir;
Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.

2DogCleaning

Dec 2, 2008
California
Real Name
Lee Weldon
Ed Talk

I was fortunate to be able to talk with Ed today. What a wealth of knowledge and is steering me in the right direction with equipment. I have had VERY few people from a company tell me NOT to buy something they offer. He listened to what I am trying to do and set me up with what I also believe will be the right equipment. If anyone has had experience with the CA machines, please let me know. We are down to the wire on deciding.....as any smart man will tell you....gotta clear it with the wife first.

liedetector

Banned
Oct 3, 2008
fla
Real Name
leroy strickland
Nick;

Yes, sir, and thank you very much for the phone call and conversation!

We will do everything within our power to help you achieve your goals as quickly as possible. I remember when I first started back in '72, so we'll try to dodge all those hurdles and make it as straight a line as possible!:AddEmoticons0423:

The very best, sir;
Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.
sometimes bumps in the road help more than any advice!!!

Latest posts