braddaddy

Dec 8, 2009
Illinois
Real Name
Br@d Bl@ckwell
Business Location
United States
I finally bought the RV CFX with the 360i. :D

I'm so excited to get started on my business!

Ill post the results of my 1st job.... our own Berber carpeting, when I receive the equipment.

rougew

May 29, 2010
Real Name
Bob Johnson
Business Location
United States
Which CFX? 2-2 or 2-3? Did you get the brush head and or the bonnet head?

steam king

Apr 11, 2009
California
Real Name
Miguel Mayorga
Business Location
United States
Good luck, I would recommend you to read as much as you can on your equipment that way no surprises arise.

jeremylj1972

May 20, 2010
Real Name
John Doe
Business Location
United States
Congrats on your new setup...I think that is a great setup too. I would like to eventually add those to my new business!

nextlevel

Nov 17, 2006
Ca
Real Name
Thomas Turn e
Business Location
United States
Brad,
Congrats on the new business man. If I can give you some advice. Don't quit. If you stay on the boards long enough you hear some negative comments about using a portable to clean a carpet. Develop your method, know your customer, know your business, do a good job, educate yourself and you'll be as good a cleaner and businessman as anyone.

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
^^^^^ Great advice!! As a newbie myself, I am not going anywhere for a while. I started with a porty then went to a TM....and now I want to go back to porty full time! You did get some really nice equipment to start out, be sure and post some pics!

fboet

Aug 24, 2006
Miami, Fl.
Real Name
Frank Boet
Business Location
United States
My dream of a CFX/docking station/360i set up was almost shattered yesterday while reading another post of the concerns of so many cords and hoses. Three cords to run the CFX and docking station, another cord to run the 360i, one solution hose, one vacuum hose, one drain hose. Cords and hoses everywhere! I really want this setup, but now I'm wondering if this combo is going to be more of a hassle than a back and time saver. Someone please, talk me back to buying the CFX package. Show me the light again!

Frank

fboet

Aug 24, 2006
Miami, Fl.
Real Name
Frank Boet
Business Location
United States
I finally bought the RV CFX with the 360i. :D

I'm so excited to get started on my business!

Ill post the results of my 1st job.... our own Berber carpeting, when I receive the equipment.

Brad, you're the daddy! Congrats!

braddaddy

Dec 8, 2009
Illinois
Real Name
Br@d Bl@ckwell
Business Location
United States
Its the RV CFX package

power pod w/ 2 - 3 stage vacs
360i
wand
upholstery tool
inline chem sprayer
groomer
all cords & hoses
box of chems
and the 'stuff' - dvd, marketing materials, etc

3K plus shipping

I was going to ask on here if it was a good deal....
But I thought it was and I didnt want any unwelcome bidders :)

RV rep quoted me 4600 plus shipping for same package.

They had it for 3400 but no one bid. They then relisted it for 3000...still no bidders. I bid on it with 15 sec left.
My greedy side wanted to see if they would relist a 3rd time for maybe 2500...I was afraid they wouldnt relist it a 3rd time though.
I would have been pee-oed!

I've been searching ebay and CL for a deal for 7 months!

fboet

Aug 24, 2006
Miami, Fl.
Real Name
Frank Boet
Business Location
United States
So you bought the package on Ebay? New or used?

Its the RV CFX package

power pod w/ 2 - 3 stage vacs
360i
wand
upholstery tool
inline chem sprayer
groomer
all cords & hoses
box of chems
and the 'stuff' - dvd, marketing materials, etc

3K plus shipping

I was going to ask on here if it was a good deal....
But I thought it was and I didnt want any unwelcome bidders :)

RV rep quoted me 4600 plus shipping for same package.

They had it for 3400 but no one bid. They then relisted it for 3000...still no bidders. I bid on it with 15 sec left.
My greedy side wanted to see if they would relist a 3rd time for maybe 2500...I was afraid they wouldnt relist it a 3rd time though.
I would have been pee-oed!

I've been searching ebay and CL for a deal for 7 months!

Will Reed

Jun 3, 2010
Missoula, Montana, United States
Real Name
Will Reed
Business Location
United States
I know that exact listing your talking about. I was kind of considering it myself haha. However I wanted to "buy" the support of the rotovac customer service and I'm not sure if I would have gotten that if I didn't buy from them. Also I wasn't sure if that CFX was a 2-2 or a 2-3 and I really want to get the 2-3. Anyways you got a great deal on that setup, a good $1500 off.

ECOPRO

May 11, 2009
None
None.com
Real Name
None
Business Location
United States
That great, The Roto-vac is a great tool and selling feature. But don't stop there. Continue to re invest and build your biz constantly. You are defiantly at the right spot to learn and be connected with some of the best cleaners out there. There will be times when you get frustrated. Don't give up there are many challenges that await you. But it always feels better when you finish the job and collect your $$ //////Good Luck!!

C Spot Stop

Jul 10, 2007
Space Coast sunny Florida
Real Name
Phil
Business Location
United States
Good for you! A poster wrote :...and there will be negative....about using a porty'

Not from me. You also read one guy who wants to go BACK to porty use.

Your package rocks. (I speak here of your CC'ing 'package' of course) You will be thrilled.

Let me know via PM if I can help you learn to market this the easy way.

braddaddy

Dec 8, 2009
Illinois
Real Name
Br@d Bl@ckwell
Business Location
United States
Well...I tell ya... :AddEmoticons04259: If I spent $35K on a truckmount set-up, I'd be telling "everyone" that truckmount is the way to go!

I'd have to! :eek:

Apr 7, 2009
Central PA (814) Area Code
Real Name
Chad Smith & Jennifer Fogleman
Business Location
United States
From the little experience I have with the 360 and berber carpet, I would have to say using the wand on this type of carpet looks much nicer when done. I cleaned My grams carpet twice with the 360 and was never satisfied with the end result until I wanded it yesterday and it made all the difference in the world. Make sure you rake the 360 marks out before it dries or its a pain to get them out later. I found that out the hard way.