Fill my jugs of carpet powders to the top ! i feel cheated | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Fill my jugs of carpet powders to the top ! i feel cheated

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
I just toured the Interlink factory a couple weeks ago and saw where all the jugs are filled. Each container is filled on a scale and fills to the proper weight.

Like said above they could probably put 9 pounds in the jug but the price will be higher according to the weight.

Buy buckets then fill your jug as full as you want. I was just talking to @Johnny Bravo today about buying a 55 gallon drum and splitting it. Much more cost effective that way.

Just FYI.....potato chips are packed with air in the bag to act as a cushion so all the chips don't get crushed in transport.
Let's do a 3 way split.
I use to buy PH 10k by the pallet. When I switched to Bio Break I started buying it by the 55 gallon drum with @Todd the Cleaner's help. Now I'll be doing the same with Firestorm but since I use so much less of it were going to be splitting the drum of Firestorm.

Before anyone asks, no! I'm not going to sell package and ship containers out to anyone any more.

Reactions: jtsunbrite

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
I use to buy PH 10k by the pallet. When I switched to Bio Break I started buying it by the 55 gallon drum with @Todd the Cleaner's help. Now I'll be doing the same with Firestorm but since I use so much less of it were going to be splitting the drum of Firestorm.

Before anyone asks, no! I'm not going to sell package and ship containers out to anyone any more.
Do you like firestorm better than powermax?

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
plus they settle to the bottom like cereal. powders are going to settle and get compacted a little bit.

I just toured the Interlink factory a couple weeks ago and saw where all the jugs are filled. Each container is filled on a scale and fills to the proper weight.

Like said above they could probably put 9 pounds in the jug but the price will be higher according to the weight.

Buy buckets then fill your jug as full as you want. I was just talking to @Johnny Bravo today about buying a 55 gallon drum and splitting it. Much more cost effective that way.

Just FYI.....potato chips are packed with air in the bag to act as a cushion so all the chips don't get crushed in transport.

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
1. Chemical cost is so small relative to all other costs

2. It's sold and shipped by weight so if they fill it further it will cost more for the chemical and to ship

3. If you fill it to the brim you can't fit and store a scoop inside

4. Powders can compact, unlike liquids

5. Does it really matter as long as the product does its job?

Grn Steamer

Dec 5, 2014
Real Name
Matt R
If the jug is lieterally half full and is filled by weight...then you should be able to use half as much (as is recomended) and get the full benefit of the solution. But most don't, they use the recomended amount so not only is there half as much but some of us are using twice the recomended amount...just food for thought.
Yes it might be a small expense but if you use a lot of products it's a waste of space...and how has too much space?

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
im curious next jug shake vigorously and see how full it looks when open

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Do you want your containers filled to the top?
Nah, they just need to make smaller jugs and fill them to the freaking brim! At least it'll feel like you didn't get cheated. They used to sell 1/2 gallon of ice cream. Now they make it 1.5 quarts on some of them, but at least that sucker is full! I don't need all that ice cream anyway, but I find myself buying 2 at a time nowadays. :(

Tom Forsythe

Mar 20, 2006
Salt lake City, UT
We fill up as high as we can on the production line for most products. If you have to shake it around to get more in the cost of labor gets too high. All powders will compress as they sit and are shipped. This why you pay for weight. You can increase the volume if you shake it up before use as it will decompress to a degree.
Bridgepoint also has a larger jar with the wide lid to fit Todd's wide big hand than other companies so it may appear to have less product.

Jimmy L

Apr 16, 2012
Ne
Real Name
Jimmy Ladigwag
Business Location
United States
Most started out selling in 50 pounds....then went to 45.....then to 40.......now 36..........next?
And kept their price up.

Kind of like how candy bars used to be bigger. Smaller product for the same money.

Called price increase without you knowing.

Or in other words a rip off.

Find a company that doesn't do it.