Fill my jugs of carpet powders to the top ! i feel cheated | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Fill my jugs of carpet powders to the top ! i feel cheated

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
{{{
Scott W said:

Most powders in a gallon sized container will have more than 50 and less than 64 scoops. The
products are sold by weight not volume, so the containers are not usually filled to the brim. Also will be variations due to level scoop or heaped up scoop, if some of the powder is spilled and so forth.

You can pick 50 for easier calculations or 60 or anything in between and be pretty close.
Scott ive been meaning to take this up with you,,, if I buy a gallon jug of powders from you,,, I want it filled to the top,,, you don't buy half a cup of coffee,, you buy the full cup,,,, I think it should be filled to the brim !}}}

Today I got in a case of cleaning powder and it was not even half full of chemicals,, I understand the weight thing. but I want it filled to the top of the gallon mayo looking jar... I always feel cheated that its only half full.... Same with buying lays chips,, its not even half full too.

Fill my containers to the top please !!

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I agree, I buy that container and its only half full I start wondering what I just spent $50 on. Of course then if they are filling it to the brim its going to be $100 which gets hard for me to justify.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I agree, I buy that container and its only half full I start wondering what I just spent $50 on. Of course then if they are filling it to the brim its going to be $100 which gets hard for me to justify.
that's why I like five gallon buckets of powders,, fill the damn thing up !

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I be damned. The 1 gal Flex Powder is 6.5# and the 5 gal is 36#. You're getting about half a 1gal extra.

M4sT3R T3CH

Feb 1, 2009
Topeka
Real Name
Randall Blackwell
Business Location
United States
All about that $$$$$. Always cheaper to buy in bulk.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I just toured the Interlink factory a couple weeks ago and saw where all the jugs are filled. Each container is filled on a scale and fills to the proper weight.

Like said above they could probably put 9 pounds in the jug but the price will be higher according to the weight.

Buy buckets then fill your jug as full as you want. I was just talking to @Johnny Bravo today about buying a 55 gallon drum and splitting it. Much more cost effective that way.

Just FYI.....potato chips are packed with air in the bag to act as a cushion so all the chips don't get crushed in transport.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I just toured the Interlink factory a couple weeks ago and saw where all the jugs are filled. Each container is filled on a scale and fills to the proper weight.

Like said above they could probably put 9 pounds in the jug but the price will be higher according to the weight.

Buy buckets then fill your jug as full as you want. I was just talking to @Johnny Bravo today about buying a 55 gallon drum and splitting it. Much more cost effective that way.

Just FYI.....potato chips are packed with air in the bag to act as a cushion so all the chips don't get crushed in transport.
Yeah, but there still used to be more chips in the bag...

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I use to buy PH 10k by the pallet. When I switched to Bio Break I started buying it by the 55 gallon drum with @Todd the Cleaner's help. Now I'll be doing the same with Firestorm but since I use so much less of it were going to be splitting the drum of Firestorm.

Before anyone asks, no! I'm not going to sell package and ship containers out to anyone any more.

Reactions: mustangcarpet

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
{{{
Scott W said:

Most powders in a gallon sized container will have more than 50 and less than 64 scoops. The
products are sold by weight not volume, so the containers are not usually filled to the brim. Also will be variations due to level scoop or heaped up scoop, if some of the powder is spilled and so forth.

You can pick 50 for easier calculations or 60 or anything in between and be pretty close.
Scott ive been meaning to take this up with you,,, if I buy a gallon jug of powders from you,,, I want it filled to the top,,, you don't buy half a cup of coffee,, you buy the full cup,,,, I think it should be filled to the brim !}}}

Today I got in a case of cleaning powder and it was not even half full of chemicals,, I understand the weight thing. but I want it filled to the top of the gallon mayo looking jar... I always feel cheated that its only half full.... Same with buying lays chips,, its not even half full too.

Fill my containers to the top please !!
I have counted a 6lbs powdered pre spray and I got exactly 61 scoops and each scoop is 2 ounce.

Reactions: Scott W