Figuring Out Commercial Carpet Cleaning Production Rates

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
This is a quick video on figuring out commercial carpet cleaning production rates. See, once we know how many hours a job will take then it is easy to times by an hourly rate good for us. $150- $200 is great for commercial.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
That's some great info. Some of the best I've heard on the subject. Do you apply this to residential? I do apply a difficulty and time factor to my residential, just not in the exact same way. I find the only way I can make residential, which is the bulk of my work, profitable, is to charge different rates for different scenarios.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
That's some great info. Some of the best I've heard on the subject. Do you apply this to residential? I do apply a difficulty and time factor to my residential, just not in the exact same way. I find the only way I can make residential, which is the bulk of my work, profitable, is to charge different rates for different scenarios.

Not on a spreadsheet but in my head.
We mainly focus on tile for residential so if I see a weird hose run, grout lines that dont come clean easily or a crazy customer I start to mark it up 10,20,30 %.

So if we start at $1 sqr ft for arguments sake I might go to $1.10 for a weird hose run or $1.30 for 2 areas.