Fiber Browned | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Fiber Browned

HB22601

May 27, 2020
Real Name
Evan Leisersohn
So my office flooded and of course a customer's rug was on the floor. The water sitting for a couple of days browned out the rug. 100% polyester. Is this reversible?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
So my office flooded and of course a customer's rug was on the floor. The water sitting for a couple of days browned out the rug. 100% polyester. Is this reversible?
It will be tough but yes. Was it a tufted rug?

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
Unless the rug has a Jute backing or other natural fiber I doubt it is "Browning".
Could be from floor or other materials that got wet and migrated onto the rug. Polyester is very resilient to stains and soil residue. Just clean it like it was a poly wall to wall.

HB22601

May 27, 2020
Real Name
Evan Leisersohn
It is not tufted

HB22601

May 27, 2020
Real Name
Evan Leisersohn
Unless the rug has a Jute backing or other natural fiber I doubt it is "Browning".
Could be from floor or other materials that got wet and migrated onto the rug. Polyester is very resilient to stains and soil residue. Just clean it like it was a poly wall to wall.
I did. Did not correct the situation.