FEMA insurance | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

FEMA insurance

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Hey guys quick question, I'm during hurricane flood work along the Georgia coast. Mainly been working with State Farm agents, however, I have a lady that wants me to do her work and she has FEMA insurance. FEMA insurance is one I have never worked with before, and I was wanting some feedback on the quality of insurance it is. Please leave the pros and cons.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
This is on FEMA's website and is a "new" feature of their flood coverage - may be worth noting for you guys:

"The NFIP is making it easier for policyholders to receive an advance payment for their flood claim to help them begin the process of recovery as quickly as possible. After filing a flood insurance claim, the policyholder can discuss advance payment with the insurer:

• When a policyholder contacts his/her insurer and verifies his/her identity, he/she can receive an advance payment for up to $5,000 on a flood claim, without an adjuster visit or additional documentation. When the advance payment is issued, a letter is sent as well to the policyholder, which explains that by accepting this payment, the policyholder is certifying the damage.
  • Up to $20,000 may be advanced to a policyholder who provides photos and/or videos depicting damage and receipts validating out-of-pocket expenses related to flood loss, or a contractor’s itemized estimate. Policyholders with significant damage who have a contractor’s itemized estimate may be eligible for a larger advance payment and should discuss this with the adjuster."

Reactions: Cat 3

DamageClean

Apr 25, 2010
iowa
Real Name
Brent J
Business Location
United States
FEMA Bulletin w-17031a has now increased the Pre-inspection advance to $20,000.

FEMA flood is quirky. It only pays for what the flood water touches. Another is: if you are removing drywall and such then Flood Ins won't pay for drying. There has been a bunch of temporary changes due to the emergencies and guidelines have been "loosened" so I would call your local FEMA office and get those guidelines

michellerenaud

Jul 18, 2017
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Real Name
michelle renaud
Were still waiting for FEMA info in FL. Home insurance dragging feet. Asking people to save receipts. No money no repairs no receipts. Now focus on healthcare.Trumpcare=lifetime limits, exorbitant rates for pre-existing conditions,no insurance for millions.

DamageClean

Apr 25, 2010
iowa
Real Name
Brent J
Business Location
United States
Lots of FEMA information for Florida. Be proactive and get your information. Now focus on healthcare. Obamacare=no coverage options, premium increases of 400%, millions of us insureds cannot afford to pay these ridiculous premiums.