Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Fell into a shallow hole about 8” deep at a golf course Sunday during a tournament. Heard my ankle pop. Pretty painful but I have a high tolerance for pain and still go to my shop. The question is twofold. What do you owner operators do if you’re disabled for bit or even longer? Fortunately I have a good amount trucks and employees on the road. Secondly, would you ask the golf course to compensate you? (I know you’re not lawyers just asking would you seek one if it happened to you personally?)

F954AEB3-B107-485A-BE48-1D854837E651.jpeg
341FD987-9D47-48AD-A00E-3F793BB3675D.jpeg

Thewy

May 4, 2020
Georgia
Real Name
Stephen
Business Location
United States
I just try to suck it up. I played soccer so ankle injuries are nothing. The lead tech on single O/O van has been cleaning with a torn meniscus for 2 years while getting cortisone shots every 6 months. Use protein powder and use knee, arm and back braces to help recover better. It’s a risk reward occupation. It’s not for everyone, so do better in school and college if you are injury prone or aren’t comfortable with that.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Our team keeps operating. I’m not contacting anyone for rolling my ankle besides my chiropractor that’s what we did at a new acct years ago. First night there asphalt ramp and at night could see elevation change and pop.

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
ASAP Compression bandages wrap tight
Use your duct tape wrap the ankle straight away and finish the job if needed
Then ASAP bucket of ice and water for as long as you can stand the ice/cold pain in your toes
Then straight out of ice bath back into comp bandages
Wake up every 3 hours at night to ice if you have to for the first 48 hours
Then have to get it moving
Use an ASO ankle brace/strap your ankles if you have to just don’t rely on the brace/strapping too long u our ankle won’t regain strength!!
Anti inflammatory cream/tablets/both lol
Can use rigid strapping tape to strap your ankles....but you have to know how to tape ankles and then “wax” your ankles every night cutting/ripping the tape off...now go back to work and make money
9b8b0e76d18c9694dc86d29f9ad2222d.jpg
I win

Last edited:
Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
ASAP Compression bandages wrap tight
Use your duct tape wrap the ankle straight away and finish the job if needed
Then ASAP bucket of ice and water for as long as you can stand the ice/cold pain in your toes
Then straight out of ice bath back into comp bandages
Wake up every 3 hours at night to ice if you have to for the first 48 hours
Then have to get it moving
Use an ASO ankle brace/strap your ankles if you have to just don’t rely on the brace/strapping too long u our ankle won’t regain strength!!
Anti inflammatory cream/tablets/both lol
Can use rigid strapping tape to strap your ankles....but you have to know how to tape ankles and then “wax” your ankles every night cutting/ripping the tape off...now go back to work and make money
9b8b0e76d18c9694dc86d29f9ad2222d.jpg
I win

After posting on FB and here I’m amazed how many twist and roll their ankles. I’ve considered wearing an aircast just like wearing socks and shoes each day.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Why would you not want to go to the doctor?

Squeezing or compressing an injury doesnt seem to be right or smart. Why not get another tech to complete the job?

I once had a fall and it looked very similar to the photo you posted, Ill admit my was worst, i walked on it thinking it was something light and kept going, when i got home I could barley remove my shoe, and then the sock, and then the shock of how ballooned my right ankle/foot had gotten. it literally looked the size of a football, my foot appeared to almost burst. I could barely walk. I took a few days off and thought id see a chiropractor, he did something but it did not get better. days passed and my foot continued to be swollen.
it wasnt until 2 weeks later that I finally tapped and saw a doctor. He quickly knew exactly what was going on and confirmed it with a photo of an xray showing a clean broken bone/ankle. He placed me on 2 temporary casts to reduce swelling, and instructed me to elevate my leg above my chest level. I finally received a permanent cast and all it took to heal completely was 3 months.

I learned my lesson, take care of the body that God blessed you with. Do the right thing
get checked out. Now I love you, I truly do, but Rob you are no longer young my brother
unfortunately the younger years of inexperience have passed. Be wise and see a doctor.
It cannot be that expensive to go see one. at least do a video chat that consultation is usually free !

Reactions: Fedri

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Fell into a shallow hole about 8” deep at a golf course Sunday during a tournament. Heard my ankle pop. Pretty painful but I have a high tolerance for pain and still go to my shop. The question is twofold. What do you owner operators do if you’re disabled for bit or even longer? Fortunately I have a good amount trucks and employees on the road. Secondly, would you ask the golf course to compensate you? (I know you’re not lawyers just asking would you seek one if it happened to you personally?)

View attachment 92350View attachment 92351

Too many questions really about should the golf course compensate you. Why was the hole there? What was it for? If they knew about the hole and didn't do anything about it then yes they should. If it was a small sinkhole that formed overnight or something, that's just out of left field.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Not sure you can get money from a golf course for injury.

Liability for Accidents on the Golf Course
In the case of golf course accidents, liability depends on the type of the accident that occurs. Typically, a golf course will present signage throughout the area, from the main office to score cards, and even within the greens. This signage is to state that the course is not liable for injuries that could reasonably occur while golfing.

Accidents Caused by Course Maintenance or Landscaping
Here as well, by voluntarily entering the golf course, you agree to the inherent risks. However, if a golf course failed to properly maintain the course or the landscaping and a golfer was injured as result, this could be ruled as negligence on behalf of the course. In this case, the course would be liable for damages incurred by the injured golfer.

Common Golf Course Accidents
A golf ball's maximum velocity is a whopping 211 mph. Granted, most golfers enjoying a casual day on the course will never reach a swing speed for the ball to travel that quickly. However, even when a golf ball is swung at a typical 100 mph swing speed, it will still be traveling close to 50 mph when it hits the ground. If you, or any part of your body, intercepts a golf ball on its way down, a variety of injuries can occur.

But, errant gold balls aren't the only thing to look out for on the golf course. Accidents frequently experiences on golf courses include:

• Being struck by a golf ball
  • Being struck by a golf club
  • Golf cart accidents
  • Slipping due to improper course maintenance
  • Tripping over landscaping
  • Being struck by another player
When bearing in mind the various players across the golf course, as well as the course itself, it's not surprising that a game of golf can become hazardous.

Injuries Sustained During Golf Course Accidents
Whether you're taking your swing, observing a friend's game, or cruising down the course, accidents can happen at any time. Common injuries experienced by golf course accidents include:

• Lacerations and abrasions
  • Bruising of the soft tissue
  • Compound skull fractures
  • Concussion or other head injuries
  • Whiplash
  • Broken bones
  • Sprains
If you've suffered one or more of these injuries, you may be wondering who can be held accountable. In golf course accidents, determining liability can be a bit tricky. Let's begin to break it down.

Dadio

May 14, 2020
Real Name
Mark
Hope you went to the Dr. When my wife started helping me on the truck after she was laid off from her real job she stepped wrong on a hose and thought she twisted her ankle and had some broken stuff so xray if you haven't. Just sayin Good luck.

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
After posting on FB and here I’m amazed how many twist and roll their ankles. I’ve considered wearing an aircast just like wearing socks and shoes each day.

I destroyed my ankles playing squash when I was younger, then skateboarding/football/being me etc. Could have played pro squash if not for my ankles...
Was going to get an aircast but thought the ASO looked sturdier...I needed H/D lol
I’m tempted to try an Aircast though.
Wish there was something preventative that didn’t restrict normal ROM. Guess you can’t have your cake and eat it too...be careful always wearing braces your ankles won’t regain strength!
I prefer strapping with rigid tape. Years of having my ankles taped for football, you pick it up. Ripping it off sucks!!!

Reactions: MikeGaure

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
I destroyed my ankles playing squash when I was younger, then skateboarding/football/being me etc. Could have played pro squash if not for my ankles...
Was going to get an aircast but thought the ASO looked sturdier...I needed H/D lol
Wish there was something preventative that didn’t restrict normal ROM. Guess you can’t have your cake and eat it too...be careful always wearing braces your ankles won’t regain strength!
I prefer strapping with rigid tape. Years of having my ankles taped for football, you pick it up. Ripping it off sucks!!!

That’s that caution we were given. I went to my chiro since it was less costly. He said nah you’re good. We’ve know him 5-6yrs now and he’s always been spot on and never the type to say you need 50 visits. He adjusts us and that’s it usually only see him couple times a year. If I needed to get seen he would’ve been quick to tell ua

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

Not too familiar with Squash but I am familiar with jacking an ankle up. That’s interesting about braces. The air cast is nice because it allows you to still wear a shoe so some mobility exists. I am getting physical therapy and laser therapy. And I’m dousing CBD oil on it daily. So we will see what happens. But my Dr said I need an MRI because the muscle maybe ripped. I hope not.

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
Not too familiar with Squash but I am familiar with jacking an ankle up. That’s interesting about braces. The air cast is nice because it allows you to still wear a shoe so some mobility exists. I am getting physical therapy and laser therapy. And I’m dousing CBD oil on it daily. So we will see what happens. But my Dr said I need an MRI because the muscle maybe ripped. I hope not.

It’s funny all the scans and MRIs are all good
I mean it’s good to know...
BUT unless you have to have a major operation there’s nothing anyone can do...
Except resting it and then getting it moving again....
Brace is a crutch
It’s best not to have to lean on a crutch
Don’t want ur ankle to get used to the crutch bearing the load

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
Playing football sometimes I would tear the rigid strapping tape on my ankles...being a bigger guy I never found those elastic sock type of braces enough- good for compression and heat-extra mobility-less chance of tearing than a cold ankle, good for recovery or around the house supporting injury though! but as for preventing sprains - useless

Last edited:

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States