Feel Blessed | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Feel Blessed

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
So much negativity here lately, let's get get some positive.

I feel blessed to have my own truck, mount, and everything paid for and 3 jobs to do this sunday.

Wasn't possible without support and encouragement from many people including those on TMF

Attachments

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
In spirit of coming Holidays, I wish that @OxiFreshGuy post will have an impact on change of atmosphere. On the other hand , the
" negatives " were taking over for quite some time. As a carpet cleaners, we're familiar with cycles in our industry, where hardwood flooring overpowers carpeting and vise versa. I heard from old school cleaners that it was 7 years cycle, but who knows. In recent days LVT ( luxury vinyl tile), splash proofed laminate planks and ceramic look like wood tiles brought some
" excitement " to our game.
To step away from my analogy, we're evolving, so is environment around us, technology is pushing so quickly that in a few years we don't have to think, the devices will be formulating thoughts for us bringing us to oblivion. It's a sad thought, perhaps negative, but I can't help it. A few years ago, when I had a " debate " with Jason about TMF direction, I was opposing to his statement about " old school TMF " which he characterized as more open, sincere, focused on industry related topics. I was pressing for more new " young blood " ideas to make TMF more progressive
Little did I know that @1ST CHOICE CLEANING has envisioned changes in TMF before anyone else did.
What I see nowadays @admin
is an effort to create instability. Am I wrong?
Will I be banned for my opinions?
We'll learn soon

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
In spirit of coming Holidays, I wish that @OxiFreshGuy post will have an impact on change of atmosphere. On the other hand , the
" negatives " were taking over for quite some time. As a carpet cleaners, we're familiar with cycles in our industry, where hardwood flooring overpowers carpeting and vise versa. I heard from old school cleaners that it was 7 years cycle, but who knows. In recent days LVT ( luxury vinyl tile), splash proofed laminate planks and ceramic look like wood tiles brought some
To step away from my analogy, we're evolving, so is environment around us, technology is pushing so quickly that in a few years we don't have to think, the devices will be formulating thoughts for us bringing us to oblivion. It's a sad thought, perhaps negative, but I can't help it. A few years ago, when I had a " debate " with Jason about TMF direction, I was opposing to his statement about " old school TMF " which he characterized as more open, sincere, focused on industry related topics. I was pressing for more new " young blood " ideas to make TMF more progressive
Little did I know that @1ST CHOICE CLEANING has envisioned changes in TMF before anyone else did.
We'll learn soon
All I ever tried to do was to help make TMF a better place for everyone, times change and so has the forum.

Reactions: Luky

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
We'll learn soon
It’s not what is said as much as how it is said. We welcome open conversations about anything within reason. The problem is their is a group of dissenters who try and form a negative narrative to undermine. They want that instability because they didn’t do or have the drive to build something. It’s not business to them it’s personal.

Lastly, old school TMF was littered with nonsense, off topics and derailments. Plus Facebook groups have made inroads on all forums. We get over a 1000 posts a day on our Facebook group. Actually it’s kind of peaceful the way it is now.

Reactions: DakotaG

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I am blessed! I cleaned this house on top of a mountain today and with purple carpets!
They might've been purple, but I bet that they were at least 50/50 natural / synthetic blend with a nice weight. So yes, you were blessed and woe( keep) that custy as long as you can.
Love the house.

Reactions: lehighcounty

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
So much negativity here lately, let's get get some positive.

I feel blessed to have my own truck, mount, and everything paid for and 3 jobs to do this sunday.

Wasn't possible without support and encouragement from many people including those on TMF
Good for you.

I thought I read recently you just purchased a new truck mount. Paid cash? If so very cool.

Also, when I read your posts sometimes it seems you work for someone and other times that you run your own business.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I am blessed because I was able to walk away from a good paying steady job from a Fortune 50 company to strike it out on my own.

Read a quote once, "we take risks not t escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us"

Reactions: rob allen

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I was working for others until a few months ago.

About 5 months ago we started the business. It cost about $100,000 overall to get started, half of it we paid for in cash. Obviously the truck being the biggest investment.

I honestly wouldn't recommend most guys starting the way we did as it was a big risk mitigated by the fact I already knew many realtors and customers/commercial contacts from my time in the business over the last 5 years.

The irony of the whole thing is the reason we started our own is because all the owners we worked for were mostly arrogant, greedy, lazy assholes who had never cleaned carpets themselves and kept using us to line their pockets.

The last guy I worked for promised me part ownership if I came to work for him. After 1 year and improving his sales by 50% and reducing his waste, he changed his mind and decided to hold onto it for at least 5 more years.

So to clear it all up, its myself and partner Josh who OWN our truck and we do all the work ourselves.

We actually haven't even decided on a NAME yet because nothing sounds good to us yet.

That being said we have been hitting $10,000 a month or more the past few months mostly from Google and referrals.

Which we need more business, truck is only operating at 40% capacity

Reactions: DakotaG and Scott W

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
A feeling of gratitude goes a long way to maintain or improve both mental and physical well-being. I have much to be grateful for. I suspect almost all who post here have a lot to be thankful for.

Take a few minutes each day to ponder over what you and grateful for and to thank those from whom you receive these good things.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
you should call that zuckerburg guy and straighten his ass out
View attachment 87917[]
Posts on forum includes all replies. Facebook does not. Factor in all the replies on Facebook and it’s easily over 1000 posts.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
A feeling of gratitude goes a long way to maintain or improve both mental and physical well-being. I have much to be grateful for. I suspect almost all who post here have a lot to be thankful for.

Take a few minutes each day to ponder over what you and grateful for and to thank those from whom you receive these good things.
You staying busy Scott or you getting bored?

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Busier now that when I was working full-time.
I am very active in a volunteer ministry program and also working with disaster relief projects following storms.