Fedri got a new van.....but look what i got!! I paid cash!!!!! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Fedri got a new van.....but look what i got!! I paid cash!!!!!

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Thank you Robert86. Will do!! Mayne i can wrench it down a bit with a big set of channel locks or a filter wrench.
I've wrenched on it pretty hard in the past, the design of the cap and the threads used just don't lock very tight. It always comes loose. But half of the problem I believe is it moving on the ground. Simply being strapped firmly to that cart and then being connected with a swivel cuff I believe will help.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
71FNOtI8ZmL._SX679_.jpg

4" x 2" y pipe

4" x 2" reducer
increaser-reducer_2.jpg

Turbulence in side the 6" long 4" pipe??

If it works good, why fix it?

Reactions: Clean-n-mean

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I've wrenched on it pretty hard in the past, the design of the cap and the threads used just don't lock very tight. It always comes loose. But half of the problem I believe is it moving on the ground. Simply being strapped firmly to that cart and then being connected with a swivel cuff I believe will help.
Thanks Robert! I'm hoping it works too. Have not got a chance to try it yet. I know everyone let's them drag around on the ground and it beats the hell out of them. I will report how well it works!

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
I'm hoping for the best with the hydroforce filter. I will upgrade if I need to. I understand you can easily have a filter with inlet and outlet on top and sump or settlement chamber belownto catch all the heavy debris and sediment. I have a meter to test and see how much cfms are lost from the hydroforce filter.
Donald told me it will be very little. Hoping to get some good use from it and keep my airhog cleaner.
Get a Devastator. I’ve had mine for over 5 years.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Thanks Robert! I'm hoping it works too. Have not got a chance to try it yet. I know everyone let's them drag around on the ground and it beats the hell out of them. I will report how well it works!
Currently that's how mine is, I tape it so it doesn't open back up. Planning on getting a different one soon and a short length of hose so it will sit at the machine. Right now mine connects at the end of the 15' whip, another thing I plan on changing.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
On the cap these teeth are there to cinch it down snugly. I also will have swivel fittings on both ends. The lid is suspended innthe air as well. We will see what happens......View attachment 87607
Are you using it as a display in your family room, haha?
Looking sharp. Did you ran it over to test its surface tension?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I wonder if there is a way to make a single piece easily portable filter system that achieves this for those of us who aren't set up to leave everything in the truck or for those jobs that require running a portable in the building.
Not really sure how to make it compact and portable and definitely to much setup for a quick job. Worth doing for an all nighter. The dual filter system I mentioned is for those on the bubble of 150' hose run and powered with 2 vac motors running from the van. I developed it out shear frustration with my CDS, had to run a filter because of where we needed to dump the waste water and clean for more than 10 minutes without the filter getting totally plugged.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Luky how didu9068 you know?? Are you spying on me through my
LOL, well I wanted Robs new BOSS FILTER but this was more affordable and will give me some lessons in filtration.
Hoping it works well!

Reactions: Luky

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Between the filter talk and all the 5% promos BS ( what a PITA) ......Looks great@Fedri
Yeah, Sorry Fedri...

..Some of us are being introduced to new things here and learning.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Ok Jim Im following you. I see some personal discretion towards modifications ids always a possibility.

Let me ask you - actually first...recently you mentioned specifically having 2 Boss filters by relibuilt. IS THAT the same as the new TMF filters made by reliabuilt? (hoping not because that's $1Grand of filters out of the box).

Second, in your opinion do you think the TMF Boss filter would address some of these concerns a 2 filter setup is designed to address?

I do realize that politics of the board could get ugly but you never seemed to shy away from speaking your mind (respectfully). Not looking to start a war I ask for educational purposes so that I can come to my own conclusions. Albeit shaped by feedback here that makes sense to me.

Did I say thank you up to this point for all the help so far? If not, thank you.

P.S. @Fedri this is your thread but its taken a tangent. Im happy for you new vehicle. Shortly here I will jump on another different 'winter' thread and pick your brain about how you manage jobs in the winter time bringing equipment in etc. Seems like a drag on the customer!!

So interested in getting ahead (or just in time) to try and manage that aspect!
I don't bother the hassle of running my etm or even I had a gas tm I would not run it in cold winters. Every year 1st of december I remove my etm equipment and put my winter equipment in. I rather bring my machine inside on those cold winter months till mid march.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I don't bother the hassle of running my etm or even I had a gas tm I would not run it in cold winters. Every year 1st of december I remove my etm equipment and put my winter equipment in. I rather bring my machine inside on those cold winter months till mid march.
Too cold where you live Fedri!!!

Reactions: Fedri

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Why not run if from the van if you can keep it from freezing between jobs?

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Why not run if from the van if you can keep it from freezing between jobs?
I have done it for couple of winters but it is too cold for in and out, also it is not possible to keep the auto dump hose from freezing in those extreme cold weather. It is a hassle. I watch of of saiger's you tube videos him working in those extreme cold conditions and I feel sorry for him, he has to take numerous pre cautions that is not worth the time. I rather bring in my machine and clean and done and go home and store it in the garage is a lot easier task.

Reactions: Robert86

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
I have done it for couple of winters but it is too cold for in and out, also it is not possible to keep the auto dump hose from freezing in those extreme cold weather. It is a hassle. I watch of of saiger's you tube videos him working in those extreme cold conditions and I feel sorry for him, he has to take numerous pre cautions that is not worth the time. I rather bring in my machine and clean and done and go home and store it in the garage is a lot easier task.
With Your new van you could carry fresh and waste water tanks. Your Little Giant will keep it warm on the jobsite.
As long as you have an heated garage or similar winter time is not any worse than the very humid months of summer.
We have very similar winters and summers.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I'm with you. I work in temps down to -10F and temps can get even colder than that. I'd rather have a portable than a TM.

I know a guy out here that has added a fish tank heater to his water tank though, keeps the tank water at 80 degrees and it acts as a heat sink to keep everything from freezing and doesn't cost a whole lot to run. But still, I'd rather just have the equipment inside.

Reactions: Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I'm with you. I work in temps down to -10F and temps can get even colder than that. I'd rather have a portable than a TM.

I know a guy out here that has added a fish tank heater to his water tank though, keeps the tank water at 80 degrees and it acts as a heat sink to keep everything from freezing and doesn't cost a whole lot to run. But still, I'd rather just have the equipment inside.
fish tank heater, hmmm very clever.