Fedri got a new van.....but look what i got!! I paid cash!!!!! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Fedri got a new van.....but look what i got!! I paid cash!!!!!

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Jim maybe two 10 footers from the box to the filters? Then two 5 footers from the filters to the y fitting??
This hydroforce filter is pretty nice. Very strong thread on cap with a huge o ring. The metal screen is meshed at the bottom too. Hmmm, I may double deck my little cart now......

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Separating air streams and debris is much smarter than 1 filter doing everything. But you have to remember us old guys don't learn new tricks, were just has beens that never learn, so sez the new millennial cleaner's.
im a millennial cleaner and I never said that

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
ok not
If you are running a stocking type filter inside the tank and it drops below the water level before the apo kicks you are asking to spray water through your vac motors... don't do it.
ok noted. there's a reason for me.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I'm going to give you a huge leap forward in filtration and airflow at the machine. Drill another 2" fitting into your recovery tank and run 2 of your pool filters one each leg to the recovery tank before the y fitting leading to the wand. The bottom inline filter will take the brunt of the waste water and debris, while the top filter handles 90% air only. You won't pay the penalty of high lift behind a partially clogged filter and poor cfm forward of it and will recover better hands down and extract more soil.

View attachment 87602
I dont know that I follow this exactly. 2 filters one bottom and one top?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
The hydroforce filter is crap. Two boss relibuilt filters used as described will yield much better results than a single devastator on any day ending in y. I used this system for years before I improved upon it into a single system that goes 1 week between filter changes. I made my own filter and I am not going to sell it or even describe it. It's not worth the trouble to do either. Financially I don't need to.

Reactions: Fedri

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
The hydroforce filter is crap. Two boss relibuilt filters used as described will yield much better results than a single devastator on any day ending in y. I used this system for years before I improved upon it into a single system that goes 1 week between filter changes. I made my own filter and I am not going to sell it or even describe it. It's not worth the trouble to do either. Financially I don't need to.
I'm hoping for the best with the hydroforce filter. I will upgrade if I need to. I understand you can easily have a filter with inlet and outlet on top and sump or settlement chamber belownto catch all the heavy debris and sediment. I have a meter to test and see how much cfms are lost from the hydroforce filter.
Donald told me it will be very little. Hoping to get some good use from it and keep my airhog cleaner.

Reactions: Timothyscarpet

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I dont know that I follow this exactly. 2 filters one bottom and one top?
Select,
That is correct. The heavier debris and sediment will naturally fall toward the bottom filter. As it does the pressure will build up higher in the bottom filter then the top. The air will find the easiest route of least resistance. That would be through the top filter.
Not to mention your doubling the size of the filter area as well.
It will certainly be hands down more flow and less resistance then a single filter.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
The lids don't like to stay on with those filters. careful because it'll loosen and spill dirty water everywhere.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I'm hoping for the best with the hydroforce filter. I will upgrade if I need to. I understand you can easily have a filter with inlet and outlet on top and sump or settlement chamber belownto catch all the heavy debris and sediment. I have a meter to test and see how much cfms are lost from the hydroforce filter.
Donald told me it will be very little. Hoping to get some good use from it and keep my airhog cleaner.
Good, test the brand new filter, halfway through the job and the last 200ft². If you had a lift gauge on the tank you would see the difference there too. Measure your efficiency and then make the call, but pay attention carefully and see where your true performance lies.

Reactions: Clean-n-mean

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
The lids don't like to stay on with those filters. careful because it'll loosen and spill dirty water everywhere.
Thank you Robert86. Will do!! Mayne i can wrench it down a bit with a big set of channel locks or a filter wrench.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
On the cap these teeth are there to cinch it down snugly. I also will have swivel fittings on both ends. The lid is suspended innthe air as well. We will see what happens......
20191012_172947.jpg

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
The sapphire filter doesn't have any kind of liner. It's designed for truck mounts that also have a waste tank filter just for catching large debris.

The hydro force or pool filter you really do need 2 otherwise on larger jobs you'll need to change it out halfway.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
The sapphire filter doesn't have any kind of liner. It's designed for truck mounts that also have a waste tank filter just for catching large debris.

The hydro force or pool filter you really do need 2 otherwise on larger jobs you'll need to change it out halfway.
ACP,
GOT IT! Thanks. Excited to use it and run some numbers with my anemometer. Donald at steam brite basically told me it won't knock not down much at all. Seems pretty quick to yank the filter and replace it with a clean one or remove the debris.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Are you talking about the new TMF boss filter made by reliabuilt?

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I'm 1000% confident in air flow and soil recovery using two filters and 4 to 2 vs just 2... but as famously put here I'm just a guy with a scooter... what do I know.
Ok man I’m learning haven’t been in the game 1 year. So pardon the elementary type questions I have.

If one were to add a second 2” vac hole (port?) after drilling the hole what steps and what fitting would best be used and how to seal it?

I’ve never done this.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Ok man I’m learning haven’t been in the game 1 year. So pardon the elementary type questions I have.

If one were to add a second 2” vac hole (port?) after drilling the hole what steps and what fitting would best be used and how to seal it?

I’ve never done this.
They sell starter cuffs that screw from both sides so you can drill a 2in hole in anything and it will attach like a bulkhead

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
They sell starter cuffs that screw from both sides so you can drill a 2in hole in anything and it will attach like a bulkhead
ok that makes sense. Is the stainless steel cuffs the best to use for connecting hose for no leaks?