Fedri got a new van.....but look what i got!! I paid cash!!!!! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Fedri got a new van.....but look what i got!! I paid cash!!!!!

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I'm going to give you a huge leap forward in filtration and airflow at the machine. Drill another 2" fitting into your recovery tank and run 2 of your pool filters one each leg to the recovery tank before the y fitting leading to the wand. The bottom inline filter will take the brunt of the waste water and debris, while the top filter handles 90% air only. You won't pay the penalty of high lift behind a partially clogged filter and poor cfm forward of it and will recover better hands down and extract more soil.

20190718_221354.jpg

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I'm going to give you a huge leap forward in filtration and airflow at the machine. Drill another 2" fitting into your recovery tank and run 2 of your pool filters one each leg to the recovery tank before the y fitting leading to the wand. The bottom inline filter will take the brunt of the waste water and debris, while the top filter handles 90% air only. You won't pay the penalty of high lift behind a partially clogged filter and poor cfm forward of it and will recover better hands down and extract more soil.

View attachment 87602
And you are recommending he drill an additional 2" in his recovery tank (the airhog) and set it up as you describe.

In an airhog this setup will recover more soil?

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
So I think you are taking steps to stop air leaks to improve your air hog vac power??
I find myself using a lint filter ( mytee stocking) directly over the vac port on the air hog instead of my mytee inline filter 9 times out of 10. For some reason I think I vacuum well enough and the floors I'm cleaning dont seem to have a ton of debris and my mytee stocking in the vac port is rarely filled very much at end of job...well sometimes iit collects a bunch....

..I also reason that the mytee inline filter has two mytee cuffs connections that could add to leakage so I cut that part out of the equation but honestly I dont use it much because I think I dont need that level of filtration..FALLACY OR FACT?

P.S. Ive realized that at 80' I am super confident my air hog is like a Boss. My last couple jobs were from that hose length that's how I know...

I am hyper tuned in now to my hose lengths to see how performance changes at each length..

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora

View attachment 87602
Thank you Jim!!! That's great info and makes total sense too!! I have not even tried this one yet. I was dead set on the sapphire scientific(I think that's who makes that big square plastic one)big box with two inlets for two wands. I felt for sure all that extra sq. In. Would allow me less cleaning intervals and give me more cfm longer.
However jim at steam bright talked me out of it and told me this one will work just fine! I was prepared to spend 400.00 and this one cost me 120.00 with the fittings! He said unless I'm running 2 Wands I dont need the big one with 2 inlets....
I strapped it to the little cart yo not beat the hell out of it amd let it move around easily. Threw some 2x4s in there to suspend the lid so I can remove it to pull the filter out and clean it.
I'm sure the customers will love seeing the debris it collects.
I'm in the process of removing the mytee fittings on the air hog over to hydroforce fittings. I prefer them and they are much better!
You always have great ideas and info. Thank you!!

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I'm 1000% confident in air flow and soil recovery using two filters and 4 to 2 vs just 2... but as famously put here I'm just a guy with a scooter... what do I know.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
And you are recommending he drill an additional 2" in his recovery tank (the airhog) and set it up as you describe.

In an airhog this setup will recover more soil?
Probably any set up select. The heavier water will drop tonthe bottom filter just from gravity and weight. The suction will run through the top filter.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Jim,
Is that 2 into 1 fitting in your picture 2 inch???
Thank you

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
If you are running a stocking type filter inside the tank and it drops below the water level before the apo kicks you are asking to spray water through your vac motors... don't do it.

Reactions: Fedri