Fb and google ads help! Ads for sale? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Fb and google ads help! Ads for sale?

BizNick08

Oct 30, 2019
Real Name
Nick N
I have read pretty much all of the previous posts on TMF talking about google and FB ads. A lot of helpful info but they are not current. Does anyone have any advice for fb and google ads in 2020? Is there anyone willing to sell me any of their campaigns for google ads or fb, I offer carpet cleaning and air duct cleaning services in NY. I appreciate any help, enjoy your Sunday!

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
What exactly do you mean sell you a campaign ? Campaigns are easily built through the Google My Business account and it's free. Dialing it into your specific market is a different matter though.

BizNick08

Oct 30, 2019
Real Name
Nick N
Wouldn’t there be a lot of similarities amongst everyone’s campaigns for carpet cleaning? Just different geographical area and landing page urls. I would rather purchase proven optimized campaigns that work and have to adjust a little for me. Might be a dumb idea.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Yes, but the campaign is specific to your Google campaign. Nobody knows the formulas behind the algorithms but there are major indicators of what is helpful and impactful.

Ironically, utilizing someone elses successful campaign for your own, MAY OR MAY NOT be successful for you because there are other factors involved that are too numerous and mysterious to be calculated fully and Google likes it that way.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Yes, about 50% of my business is from Google Local Services running an 8.9% marketing cost.

We are playing with Google PPC but so far haven't built a cost effective campaign.

But I picked a small market outside of a main city without any competitors focusing on the internet. So we dominated searches relatively quickly. The rest is from organic internet searches, thumbtack, Yelp in that order.

Our direct mail campaign so far only makes back what we spend.

Granted we have only been open since August 2019.

Reactions: BizNick08

BizNick08

Oct 30, 2019
Real Name
Nick N
Interesting, I use local services but have not gotten a ton of calls even though I’m the only one listed in several areas. Thumbtack rarely has anyone looking for carpet cleaning, mostly just house cleaning in my area. I’m in a decent sized metro area. I opened recently as well, I was hoping I would be able to get more business through the door, even in the slow season. I’ll prolly have to get a part time job, maybe full. Hopefully March picks up a bit

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
sorry, I dont get it. Where did the *let me throw money at this or that marketing idea and if it works I will be busy* idea come from?

What happened to knocking on doors of people that can provide a TON of business? Carpet stores, Realtors (the best) etc.

BizNick08

Oct 30, 2019
Real Name
Nick N
I went to almost 10 carpet and tile stores as my first strategy, was able to leave my cards in a stand at 6 of them. Not one call. I’ve met with several realtors as well and made good connections, but I see how it will just take time to build up relationships. I never said I expected to be super busy but I know I can definitely drive some more leads with google ads/ FB ads if I can get the formula right or understand it better. Thanks

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Listen, You're going about this the wrong way. In no time at all you're going to be getting posts, emails, and private messages promising you the world if you sign up with them.
I don't know you, I don't know your situation, but I think you need to do what you can do on your own, and for free.
I don't know anything about air duct cleaning. But I know about carpet cleaning.
From your post I'm think you're hurting for work. When you get a carpet cleaning job. Spend time talking to the customer, Do the best job you can do. Treat it like a it's a paid audition.
Pass out cards to anyone and everyone you run across. Go to a higher end grocery store, offer to help ladies put their groceries into their car and give them your card.
Once I was at Home Depot with @Todd the Cleaner in my wrapped van. We where doing some work on my TM in Las Vegas. In the couple of hours we were there, 4 people came up to us and asked for a business card.
Go to Dog parks in your uniform, wrapped or lettered van, and if you have a cute dog bring it as well. Pass out cards, spotter bottles, whatever.
Go door to door and knock on them. I guarantee you if you go door knocking you can get a job everyday. And when you do, remember it's an audition, do the best work you can do, because it's not just a job, it's an audition, you want them to call you back for the next time, you want them to recommend you, and become a cheerleader for you.
Do these things daily and I promise in a year or so, you'll have plenty of work. JMO