Favorite Vacuum For Low Pile/ CGD Carpets? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Favorite Vacuum For Low Pile/ CGD Carpets?

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
Hey everyone,

As the title says, what is your favorite vacuum to use on low pile/CGD carpets? I am looking into getting some vacuums for the commercial side of things, we currently use Proteam, but looking at other options.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's opinions.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
If you need a wand, which I feel is necessary, then your real options are proteam or windsor. I have several of both that vacuum tens of thousands of sq ft per week. I feel windsors are a little better "vacuumers," because when working correctly they adjust height for the carpet. But pro teams are half the price and almost as good, so I've been buying more of them lately.

Reactions: Robert86

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
For commercial a backpack vac is the way to go. I'll second what Smtwn said about Proteam and Windsor. Only reason I see to use an upright anymore on commercial is if you're going to encap. Again Windsor/Karcher makes a very good upright.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I tried a few backpack vacuums but I was never really sold. As I clean the carpets too I noticed a big difference in cleaning frequency when I switched to backpacks. Without a brush roll they just dont do the same work. I have been eyeing some of the new cordless backpack vacuums for a warehouse I clean. The pro team one is like 1500 bucks. Priced themselves out of it.

Reactions: Robert86

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I tried a few backpack vacuums but I was never really sold. As I clean the carpets too I noticed a big difference in cleaning frequency when I switched to backpacks. Without a brush roll they just dont do the same work. I have been eyeing some of the new cordless backpack vacuums for a warehouse I clean. The pro team one is like 1500 bucks. Priced themselves out of it.
Lack of brush is why I wouldn't use one for encap. I guess if it's a high use facility or not cleaned daily then backpack vac wouldn't cut it either, I just assumed daily office cleaning or something. They're great for that.

Reactions: Smtwn janitorial

Andreas 1

May 15, 2011
Nantucket, MA
Lack of brush is why I wouldn't use one for encap. I guess if it's a high use facility or not cleaned daily then backpack vac wouldn't cut it either, I just assumed daily office cleaning or something. They're great for that.
Anyone tried the brush roll attachment on a proteam? The turbo one or the classic style?

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
If you need a wand, which I feel is necessary, then your real options are proteam or windsor. I have several of both that vacuum tens of thousands of sq ft per week. I feel windsors are a little better "vacuumers," because when working correctly they adjust height for the carpet. But pro teams are half the price and almost as good, so I've been buying more of them lately.
Tens Thousand sqft per week, sounds like you do a lot of janitorial (hence the name to lol). I do a lot of janitorial as well and just landed this new account and they have flat carpet, and the previous cleaning company was using uprights, and thought backpacks would be king. I really like the battery operated ones out right now, but staff already complains about how heavy the 10lb proteam backpacks weight, imagine a battery one which is about 16lbs. I have not tried a windsor yet, I have mostly 6qt/10qt Proteam backpacks and a couple uprights.

I am thinking of sticking with proteam backpacks and maybe trying out Windsor for uprights.

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
You can try the Hoover ones they are about $900, but the run time is much less than the Proteam, and warranty is slightly better on the Proteam. The operating weight of a Hoover is about 2lbs more. The Proteam battery drives the cost of it much more, ofc it is a better battery, I been itching to try one out on one of my accounts where we vacuum large amounts of carpet every night.

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
Anyone tried the brush roll attachment on a proteam? The turbo one or the classic style?
I have seen those and been wondering that myself, just never tried it out yet. I really like the Xover multi-surface tool on hard floors, it works so good. Hopefully someone here has tried it and can give feedback on it.