Favorite Encap Pads for an OP machine? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Favorite Encap Pads for an OP machine?

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
Hey everyone, just wondering what is everyone's favorite Encap fiber pads when using an OP machine? I have only used one kind so far, so looking to see what else people suggest to give it a try. Thanks!

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States

lamesalegend

Apr 9, 2012
CA
Real Name
L. Dante Davis Jr.
Business Location
United States
I regularly use Glads, IronMan, and Mytees Duramax. They all are excellent but if I had to only use one it would be Glad Pads from Trinity Renewal. Orbot Superzorbs are very close to Glads almost the same but I think Glads are 2% better, don't know why though. IronMan and Duramax are 100% cotton and are a bit more aggressive, meaning sometimes you need to use a glide underneath, just depends on the carpet. As far as fiber pads I think they're all about the same, but they don't remove dirt so I only use them for prescrub but rarely. I really prefer the 3 absorbents i mentioned.

SoDak Carpet Guy

Dec 23, 2018
Real Name
Chris Rolfes
I use Neptune and Moon pads for my op machine...Neptune are a little more aggressive, generally for cgd, and moon pads a little less aggressive where I use on residential. I've had great results with both. You can probably google these to find out where to get them, don't wanna market another's business on tmf, but pretty easy to figure out.

• Haha
Reactions: Joe cool

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
I use Neptune and Moon pads for my op machine...Neptune are a little more aggressive, generally for cgd, and moon pads a little less aggressive where I use on residential. I've had great results with both. You can probably google these to find out where to get them, don't wanna market another's business on tmf, but pretty easy to figure out.
About how much sqft can you get on a Neptune pad on average soil? Never used Neptune pads and I found them online, but they do not say the sqft range of them.

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
I've never used fiber pads but super zorbs are working great for us in commercial.
I bought some Super zorbs from TMF before, but for some reason I can never get them to look clean. They look black after I use them. Interlink was nice enough to send me some of their prewash which I still got to use to see if it helps with the washing of the pads. I know they wont ever look new, but they still had a lot of black in them and i wash them within 24 hours.

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
I regularly use Glads, IronMan, and Mytees Duramax. They all are excellent but if I had to only use one it would be Glad Pads from Trinity Renewal. Orbot Superzorbs are very close to Glads almost the same but I think Glads are 2% better, don't know why though. IronMan and Duramax are 100% cotton and are a bit more aggressive, meaning sometimes you need to use a glide underneath, just depends on the carpet. As far as fiber pads I think they're all about the same, but they don't remove dirt so I only use them for prescrub but rarely. I really prefer the 3 absorbents i mentioned.
I tried the Ironmans before, and I have an issue where I use them once and they are black and look dirty even after washing them with an extra rinse. I contacted the owner and he told me that OP machines are abusive to their pads and do not work well basically. So not sure what I am doing wrong when it comes to washing these pads, I even tried to just barely use them on 200 sqft so it wont look like I am over using them but still same issue. I will check out the glads.

lamesalegend

Apr 9, 2012
CA
Real Name
L. Dante Davis Jr.
Business Location
United States
I tried the Ironmans before, and I have an issue where I use them once and they are black and look dirty even after washing them with an extra rinse. I contacted the owner and he told me that OP machines are abusive to their pads and do not work well basically. So not sure what I am doing wrong when it comes to washing these pads, I even tried to just barely use them on 200 sqft so it wont look like I am over using them but still same issue. I will check out the glads.
I've experienced what you have also as far as the pads looking black, even after thorough washing. If you've used Superzorbs or still have them then I think you'll have the same experience with glads. I've never had Superzorbs and Glads at the same time so I never did a direct comparison. I just feel that the Glads cleaned and wear a touch better than the Superzorbs. If you have plenty of Superzorbs than I wouldn't order glads. My pads look good (but worn) but I think it's because of the way I rotate them. When mine become really black I know that they will probably still look bad after a heavy duty wash. But they WILL come clean by using them again. Sounds weird but the next clean I do if I have a washed but still black pad I'll use it sort of like a prescrub pad then finish with good clean looking pads. Lightly cleaning with a black pad (washed but still dinghy) will make it come out clean the next time you wash it. Hopefully that makes since. Sounds like you have good pads maybe just need more of them or switch them out before they get so black. One thing to try also if you have fewer pads is to have a 5 gallon bucket filled with water. After a pad becomes black, dunk it (basically hand wash) in the water onsite. And continue to clean with it. Then save one good clean pad to finish with. You can clean a lot of carpet with just 2 pads by bucket washing this way (only suggesting this if you don't have many pads on the truck with you). one other think you may like is a good glider especially with the all cotton pads like Ironman. They make it clean smoother on some types of carpet. ChallengerOP has gliders you only need one, get the Thin Glider (smallest).

Reactions: Joe cool

lamesalegend

Apr 9, 2012
CA
Real Name
L. Dante Davis Jr.
Business Location
United States

Here's an old video of John Geurkink using a small glider under all cotton pad. In the old days all we had were cotton pads, so gliders were almost always used. Cotton removes the most soil but the polyester in the newer pads like Glads and superzorbs make the glider less necessary. Ironman or any other all cotton pad can benefit from a glider. just makes it drive smoother.

SoDak Carpet Guy

Dec 23, 2018
Real Name
Chris Rolfes
About how much sqft can you get on a Neptune pad on average soil? Never used Neptune pads and I found them online, but they do not say the sqft range of them.
I generally get about 6k sq ft out of a Neptune...probably could get a little more if I wanted too, but I don't like wearing them down to the nub. I've followed other guys that do a lot of restaurant work that say they get close to 10k with their Neptune pads.

SoDak Carpet Guy

Dec 23, 2018
Real Name
Chris Rolfes
I use Iron Man's all the time. Kind of a pain in the butt to get them looking good after you get them super dirty, but here's what I do to keep them looking presentable and clean as possible. Keep them damp in a bag till you get back to the shop, spray them down with powerwasher. I personally let them soak in 5 gallon buckets with either groutmaster, or oxyclean(whichever I have on hand). Next day I wring them out and spray them down again before I wash them with oxyclean and bleach. I know "they" say not to use bleach, but it works for me with no problems.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I bought some Super zorbs from TMF before, but for some reason I can never get them to look clean. They look black after I use them. Interlink was nice enough to send me some of their prewash which I still got to use to see if it helps with the washing of the pads. I know they wont ever look new, but they still had a lot of black in them and i wash them within 24 hours.
ya same here... lol they absorb too well. Even pre soaking, double cycle, bleach, they still dont come out white again.

I might try soaking one in bleach over night and see if it helps at all. Either way they clean really well