Facebook Advertising - Advertising only to women 28 - 60

Jan 20, 2020
Real Name
Benji Zimmerman
So I'm running a Facebook sponsored ad.

Didn't get any response for the first two days.

Changing the targeting to women only with a tight age range. We're doing an ad for urine removal only. We have a Dog on a carpet with a urine spot, A UV light showing the same (no dog), a water claw tool, The final peice of the picture is a clean carpet (with the telltalle triangles) and the logo with phone number. Thought is : 1) Create the problem 2) Show the solution 3) Show the end result.

I'm trying to get to higher end customers. So I'm advertising to women that are of age to have a family and enough free time to be on Facebook.

What are your thoughts. Need to get above deadbeat general clientele on the local buy/sell page to be able to make this business worthwhile. I'm not doing a basic clean for $99 on three rooms, a staircase and a hallway. Screw that.

So frustrated today. Loosing bids by 20 bucks on the phone. I could rage.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
So I'm running a Facebook sponsored ad.

Didn't get any response for the first two days.

Changing the targeting to women only with a tight age range. We're doing an ad for urine removal only. We have a Dog on a carpet with a urine spot, A UV light showing the same (no dog), a water claw tool, The final peice of the picture is a clean carpet (with the telltalle triangles) and the logo with phone number. Thought is : 1) Create the problem 2) Show the solution 3) Show the end result.

I'm trying to get to higher end customers. So I'm advertising to women that are of age to have a family and enough free time to be on Facebook.

What are your thoughts. Need to get above deadbeat general clientele on the local buy/sell page to be able to make this business worthwhile. I'm not doing a basic clean for $99 on three rooms, a staircase and a hallway. Screw that.

So frustrated today. Loosing bids by 20 bucks on the phone. I could rage.
Instead of loosing the bids for over $20 what I would do is as a first time customer give them the $20 off and let them know the real price for the next time cleaning. Or another thing to do if you are not doing this is that tell them about your quality services vs the cheaper guys, why should they hire you by paying you $20 more then the other guy? I tell my customers that we pre vacuum, remove spots, pre spray, water softener that leaves the carpet fibers softer not crunchy, ph balancing that makes the carpets softer and fluffier, steamy water that will help to get rid of dust mites if there is any, courtesy door, we protect your hard floors with our floor matts, short drying times . After all of these if the customer is still thinking about the price then they are not my customers. However I don't mind giving them $20 off if it is a $350 plus work.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020
Real Name
Benji Zimmerman
he bids for over $20 what I would do is as a first time customer give them the $20 off and let them know the real price for the next time cleaning. Or another thing to do if you are not doing this is that tell them about your quality services vs the cheaper guys, why should they hire you by paying you $20 more then the other guy? I tell my customers that we pre vacuum, remove spots, pre spray, water softener that leaves the carpet fibers softer not crunchy, ph balancing that makes the carpets softer and fluffier, steamy water that will help to get rid of dust mites if there is any, courtesy door, we protect your hard floors with our floor matts, short drying times . After all of these if the customer is still thinking about the price the

It was a smaller job. With my 15% first customer discount I was actually $45 dollars over the competing bid. I should've asked if they got the quote via email or just over the phone. Alot of my competition bid low, and then tack on gst, enviromental fee, fuel surcharge etc.

Reactions: Fedri

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
You have to realize that people assume that all carpet cleaners are the same so all they have to go on is price, even though that may not be the most important factor.

I tell people they can call 10 carpet cleaners and get 10 different prices and can expect 10 different levels of service. Rather than explaining every detail of what I do different I just pick the top two. Then tell them that the most important question to ask is How long will it take to do the cleaning? The statement every new customer I get is that I took much longer than the last cleaner or that the last cleaner was in and out in 30 minutes. THATS what sets you apart.

Now if your one of those cleaners, you may not want to mention that.

And thats a good topic of another thread....

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
It was a smaller job. With my 15% first customer discount I was actually $45 dollars over the competing bid. I should've asked if they got the quote via email or just over the phone. Alot of my competition bid low, and then tack on gst, enviromental fee, fuel surcharge etc.
I see.
I don't like the idea to bid low and then tag along other charges, that's not honest. I tell them the final price over the phone after I they answer my questions, my customers appreciate that way. They're aware of for additional work the price will be higher.

Jan 20, 2020
Real Name
Benji Zimmerman
You have to realize that people assume that all carpet cleaners are the same so all they have to go on is price, even though that may not be the most important factor.

I tell people they can call 10 carpet cleaners and get 10 different prices and can expect 10 different levels of service. Rather than explaining every detail of what I do different I just pick the top two. Then tell them that the most important question to ask is How long will it take to do the cleaning? The statement every new customer I get is that I took much longer than the last cleaner or that the last cleaner was in and out in 30 minutes. THATS what sets you apart.

Now if your one of those cleaners, you may not want to mention that.

And thats a good topic of another thread....

I'm not one of those cleaners. And I'm totally stealing that question. Gold.

I actually just closed one for Saturday so the slump is over. It was getting disheartening.

**EDIT actually just used that question in Messenger in response to the ad.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020
Real Name
Benji Zimmerman
I see.
I don't like the idea to bid low and then tag along other charges, that's not honest. I tell them the final price over the phone after I they answer my questions, my customers appreciate that way. They're aware of for additional work the price will be higher.

Yes. This is my model as well. I include some spot removal if it's one or two - usually most jobs have them. If they've got a bunch of stains, pet urine, or whatever- I always say that will be additional and quoted first thing when I get there. There's two models there, square footage for deep subsurface things, and depending on the type of stain it's either an item charge or, if pre-spray will usually take it out (I'll include it), post spot treatments are an item charge or square foot depending on size. I tell them if it doesen't come out, it's no extra charge, and if it comes out and wicks back (hasn't happened yet), I can do a free follow up to encap + speed dry.

Reactions: Fedri

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I can help you with Facebook ads but its going to cost you $1600/month.

We are running $2400/month and killing it on fb.

Currently booked out 3 weeks, adding another truck.

These aren't shitty customers either.

The best thing is they arent even actively searching for carpet cleaning like what your bidding for with Google adwords. These customers are not in the "pool" of people who get professional carpet cleaning done.

Its an entire market of new homes your drawing in

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I can help you with Facebook ads but its going to cost you $1600/month.

We are running $2400/month and killing it on fb.

Currently booked out 3 weeks, adding another truck.

These aren't shitty customers either.

The best thing is they arent even actively searching for carpet cleaning like what your bidding for with Google adwords. These customers are not in the "pool" of people who get professional carpet cleaning done.

Its an entire market of new homes your drawing in
Do you run a video add?

Reactions: ACP

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Chat bot is booking jobs middle of the night, all day long... she got triple teamed by 3 customers at once and took it like a champ

Prob by tomorrow well officially be booked solid 1 month lead time.

1-2 months lead time was common for me in landscape construction, we would do big month long full installs but definitely not typical for carpet cleaning.