ASA EZ Truckmounts owners roll call

Discussion in 'Sponsor Specials' started by ecopro 1, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Jan Sullins

Jan Sullins Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Male
    Semi ritired. Distributor for Carpet Cleaning equi
    Ok.City Oklahoma
    Ratings:
    +1,510 / 10 / -0
    Jeff I understand exactly what you mean. I remember when I was getting my TM built and even the owner encouraged us
    to run throttle at full speed. Like 3500 rpms! If people on this forum could understand that with heatexhanger technology
    half of the success has to do with control of truckmount tempature. These days we use 25HP engines to run 45 . 22HP is
    plenty to run that kind of truckmount. I remember having two White Magic slide in truckmounts. One was a Pro 1500 which
    had a 24HP Onan engine which ran somewhere around 2500 rpm. The blower ran at 2900. The engineering into the vacuum
    side of the TM was outstanding. I also had a Pro 1700 which had a Kawasaki 20HP LC engine with a 45 blower which ran at
    around 3000. Having a coolant preheater heatexhanchanger made the 1700 out perform the 1500 as far as heat but not vacuum.
    They were both the same.. The 1500 would run with temps around 190 and for us we really liked it. The truckmount ran at ease almost
    and yet produced outstanding cleaing. The 1700 did equally as well if it were not for a defective Kawasaki engine. Not White Magic's
    fault. Many of us back in the 1990's did not feel we needed 250 degree heat but rather 190 to 200 was fine and for the technology of
    the day these machines did pretty well. Other machines would run their engines slower with heatexhangers and there were less
    problems with them and pumps etc...I think some had the idea that just because and engine is aircooled it must run at full rpms
    to get adequate cooling but with truckmounts it just doesn't work out that way. I would not be supprised if customers for the
    less expensive EZ;s Ametex's etc...would have completely different truckmount experiences if they just ran their engines at much
    lower rpms. True your heat would have been less and your vacuum would have been slightly less but I think there would have
    been far less problems with these machines. I will take a steady diet of 180 degree heat with less worries of overheating and
    burning up heatexhangers than running these machines at full tilt and constantly having issues while have superheated
    soltuions burning up pumps as well. I could be wrong but it may be as simple as this . Running machines within reasonable limits
    may have prevented a ton of problems related to over heating and vibration! I am not an engineer but I think this is common sense.

2. Jan Sullins

Sep 17, 2008
    Male
    Ok.City Oklahoma
    Ratings:
    +1,510 / 10 / -0
    We why?

3. smart n kleen

Premium VIP

Mar 12, 2010
    oregon
    Ratings:
    +4,672 / 36 / -0
    And higher quality parts like exhaust and hoses.

4. Jan Sullins

Sep 17, 2008
    Male
    Ok.City Oklahoma
    Ratings:
    +1,510 / 10 / -0
    Even with those better parts running these engines at way too high rpms is a bad idea!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Jan Sullins

Sep 17, 2008
    Male
    Ok.City Oklahoma
    Ratings:
    +1,510 / 10 / -0
    I do not wish anybody to feel that I am insensitive to the problems some of you have had with these truckmounts.
    They were not engineered properly nor were some of the OEM parts as good as they should be. Then told to run
    engines at highest rpms equals problems early in the life of these machines. I feel for you guys as I am in a situation
    where I have a truckmount which for now may work for me if I run it at lower rpms and keep an eye on problems
    developing before they are problems. This may be impossible. As mentioned earlier by someone we can pull heatexhangers
    and run a simple propane system. This does away with overheating system. And all the difficulties that come with
    heatexchanger technology. To put together an engine that turns a blower and a pump is not too complicated and was
    done back in the 1970s and 1980s with machines lasting thousands of hours without any major breakdowns. They were
    simple and built well. Even then they did not run air cooled engines at highest rpms . Many were direct coupled engine
    to blower with belt driving pump. So running engine at 2900-3000 was the norm in those days. I saw Hydramaster
    Hydracats with Onan 20 HP engines turning Sutorbilt 4M blowers with Paloma heaters into the 2000's. So I am very
    sorry to hear of ones on this forum who have had their businesses practically ruined by poorly conceived equipment.
    I think we all were thinking about how cheap we could become truckmounted without considering the "what ifs" about
    the manufactures ability to take care of problems that as we know did and are happening. When we lose communication
    with the persons who build this equipment then that puts us in a very vulnerable situation. It has been unnecessary and has
    created a lot of hard feelings which are understandable. Some may be fortunate enough to know of good mechanics
    or may be mechanically inclined themselves but most of us are not in that situation. I ask only that those manufacturers
    attempt to at least communicate with customers some of which may not survive without some sort of help.That is the morally
    right thing to do.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ed Cruz

Ed Cruz Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Male
    CT
    Ratings:
    +3,550 / 12 / -0
    And what about all the guys with nothing for hours having problems? It's a free country but when you get some hours under your belt your words may have weight. A Briggs mechanic told me running it at full rpms was better but he is looking at it from the standpoint of the engine. The pump and blower along with the other components have to be considered. I havent run mine at 3600 in a long time. EZ in my case atleast has little to no quality control in my opinion.

7. Jan Sullins

Sep 17, 2008
    Male
    Ok.City Oklahoma
    Ratings:
    +1,510 / 10 / -0
    Not sure I know what you mean Ed?

8. Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
    Male
    CT
    Ratings:
    +3,550 / 12 / -0
    What I mean, meant was you have no hours under your belt running your machine but are giving guys glowing reviews of your unit......and that's your prerogative I guess but don't you find that irresponsible? Yeah you get a pump, blower, engine and its sits on stainless. But how good is it if you got to wrench on it right outta the crate? And I ain't talking about tightening a couple bolts.......what about delay after delay in getting it then not getting all the crap you payed for and having to wait and wait? It's about integrity. I figured out almost right away that running it at full rpm was unnecessary so don't be trying to come at me side ways implying guys running them at too high an rpm is what messed stuff up. Especially when that's what EZ told them to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
    Male
    CT
    Ratings:
    +3,550 / 12 / -0
  10. Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
    Male
    CT
    Ratings:
    +3,550 / 12 / -0
    Here you go guys.......you run tour fingers INSIDE the bottom of the fresh tank and this is what I got......and mind you this is after back in April getting a "new and improved" rebuilt unit. The belly tank was loaded with metal chards and sediment that took me hours to scrub as best as I could reach in it and suck out. Now there's some along with this paint crap. I'm supposed to clean with this? I put the plastic tank back in till it gets warmer out and I'm less busy to fug with it. Wish I'd never sent him my unit back to be rebuilt as I had already worked the "bugs" outta that one. Oh I did I mention the port hole on the fresh tank leaks so forget about letting it sit more than half full over night unless you want a mess. These may seem small to some but it has a cumulative effect on an otherwise easy going chap such as myself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jan Sullins

Sep 17, 2008
    Male
    Ok.City Oklahoma
    Ratings:
    +1,510 / 10 / -0
    Ed I understand the frustration. Things should be right when you get a machine that costs thousands of dollars
    to purchace. My experience was certainly not perfect. I have had to work on it a few times and really with a brand
    new machine you shouldn't . And now what really makes it tough is not being able to get a hold of anybody if you do
    have a problem.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. smart n kleen

Premium VIP

Mar 12, 2010
    oregon
    Ratings:
    +4,672 / 36 / -0
  13. Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
    Male
    CT
    Ratings:
    +3,550 / 12 / -0
    So I opened up the HX........I had a leak from a loose compression fitting causing the box to leak. Inside I see that they had the exhaust pipe just slathered in some kind of silicone. Sloppy as fug. Had to chuckle a bit. Prolly to protect the coil but it just looks bad. I think I may just tear out the whole crappy HX and add a Little Giant and run it like a Judson C4. It would actually be a little cooler given I have the stainless 100gal fresh belly tank. When it gets warmer though.....

14. emeraldclean

Premium VIP

Feb 20, 2012
    Male
    owner operator Carpet/ Furnace & Duct Cleaning
    Beausejour Manitoba Canada
    Ratings:
    +11,109 / 16 / -0
    Hope things work out for you with that TM.... sucks to hear this.
    All the best
    Grant

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. eddie day

eddie day New Member

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey I'm having this same problem and would love to speak with you about it. Anyway we could speak?

16. drycleancarpets

Feb 10, 2012
    Qld
    Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -0
    I'm busy during most days working, but if you've got Gmail, Facebook or some other Web based call feature, we could speak. All of my contact details are at: drycleancarpets.com.au/0430-774-493/

I'm also happy to share ideas and hopefully learn something to make work easier. Cheers Kortlee