Extremely cheap electric hose reel

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Geo82

Jul 27, 2012
California
Real Name
Yobany Martinez
Business Location
United States
So i went to the local swapmeet and a guy was selling 2 wheels and motors for electric wheelchairs for $20. Ive wanted an electric reel but cant afford it right now so im going to use the wheel and motor and make a temporary solution. Going to set it up something like this
photo.JPG

just add a switch or a button and i can enjoy the benefits that so many of you brag about :) ...
hopefully..

JAY

Feb 27, 2010
SALT LAKE, UT
Real Name
Jay
Business Location
United States
if that motor is 1750 rpm it might be to much. you may need a gear box or a different size wheel

Ron Danahy

Dec 9, 2011
Missouri
Real Name
Ron Danahy
Business Location
United States
if that motor is 1750 rpm it might be to much. you may need a gear box or a different size wheel
That motor is variable speed as long as you use the right switches you should be fine

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Very cool and #1 on my wish list. Maybe a guard over the drive wheel of some sort ?

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
I cant imagine not having an electric reel.

If it grips, youll love it.

May 28, 2012
Ocala fl
Real Name
James stipes
So i went to the local swapmeet and a guy was selling 2 wheels and motors for electric wheelchairs for $20. Ive wanted an electric reel but cant afford it right now so im going to use the wheel and motor and make a temporary solution. Going to set it up something like this
View attachment 13001

just add a switch or a button and i can enjoy the benefits that so many of you brag about :) ...
hopefully..

ilike the idea I might try something similar

May 2, 2016
Denver
Real Name
Sam Speight
Business Location
United States
I used my kids old electric razor scooter. Bolted the little motor down made a sprocket to hold the back wheel so that it was tight with the belt and snug to the reel added a 3 way switch and ran cables back to the battery that operates my machine.

Oct 15, 2010
California, Sacramento/ Elk Grove
Real Name
R. Guzman
Business Location
United States
I used my kids old electric razor scooter. Bolted the little motor down made a sprocket to hold the back wheel so that it was tight with the belt and snug to the reel added a 3 way switch and ran cables back to the battery that operates my machine.
That's thinking outside the box.... wish this was posted several months ago as I threw my kids razor go cart in the dump, probably could have rigged up something to make my reel go varrrroom vrrrrooom!!

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
View attachment 13001

hopefully..
Rob's rewinder just got upgraded?

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
View attachment 13001

hopefully..
How is it attached to the frame? Don't see any brackets. Can you use a smaller wheel with a existing motor or not?