Experience with SEO

Discussion in 'Website Design & Logos' started by Cee Bex, Nov 8, 2016.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. Cee Bex

Cee Bex New Member

May 5, 2016
    Male
    oshkosh, wi
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I have launched two websites now with the help of a digital marketing pro. If you plan to go at this yourself I will offer you up some things that I have learned along the way. By all means please do not consider this a comprehensive list, just things that I have noticed.

From my first carpet cleaning website launch (Population 43,000)
    1. Getting your Name Address, Phone Number on as many sites as you can, helps get you on the Google map pack. Getting in the top 3 is like money in the bank. Getting there for this demographic area took about 175 different directories on the internet.

2. Ad Words....Three of my competitors run ad words, and to be honest I think it is a waste of time. Sitting number 1 in the map pack and #1 organic didn't cost me an arm and a leg. The last two months I got over 150 referrals each month from my web site alone (we track this)!

3. Backlinks..... Getting other web sites to link to us has been a challenge, but joining the Chamber of Commerce has been a great move for us! We have received votes from about 5 other industry web sites and I think that has helped with our ranking

Second carpet cleaning website (http://www.greenbaywicarpetcleaning.com/) (Population 105,000)
    1. Getting your Name Address, Phone Number on as many sites as you can, helps get you on the Google map pack. Getting in the top 3 is like money in the bank. WE have done that same amount of work as we did on site 1, and we are only in the top 6 of the map pack after 5 weeks.....I think the competition is this populated area is why, so we have lots more work to do here.

2. Ad Words....We ran a $50 ad word campaign and used the $100 free google money....I was against going this in our first market, but doing it here has proven to be a smart move. Since we are not in the map pack (top 3) yet, we are spending money on ad words and getting results. Last month we got about 12 leads this way. Not HUGE success, but better than nothing.

3. Backlinks..... another struggle. Organically we are on page 4 in google, so lots more work to do here. If you want to link to my website to help me, let me know and I will return the favor)....with that said we have a Youtube Page, FAcebook Page, and Twitter Page taht we are using to send out social signals. We are joining the Chamber of Commerce this week and continuing to look for more linking opportunities around the web.

4. YouTube.....setting up a YouTube channel has had a pleasant surprise for us. Some of the keyword searches show some of our videos on Page 1. Haven't exactly figured out how to repeat this, but we are getting some traction on our YouTube site!

All I can think of for now....I will add additional things as I think of them.

2. BradK

BradK New Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    #2 BradK, Dec 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2017
    It sounds like you are off to a good start with digital marketing. I am in the business of making websites for cleaning companies. Visit my site to see how I can make a business website for your company that will really catch customers' attention.

3. philadelphiacarpetcleaningpros

Jun 14, 2016
    Female
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    For newbies, backlinking may have to be more explained but your post is a great start.

I feel lucky that I have the SEO experience because it helps me grow my online business.

• Like Like x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Carlo Pro

Carlo Pro Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2013
    Male
    Ratings:
    +850 / 0 / -0
    I am looking for a SEO company, how much does it cost and how long does it took?
    You can send me a private message.
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Mrs.SpeedySteamer Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Apr 26, 2012
    Female
    Business Branding
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Ratings:
    +4,077 / 4 / -0
    You should check out TMF's SEO program. SEO Plans and Pricing

Also I have heard nothing but good reviews regarding the SEO work that @the rugman provides. You might want to send him a private message.

• Like Like x 1
  6. the rugman

the rugman Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2006
    Male
    CLEANING FOOL!
    Warwick, NY
    Ratings:
    +1,559 / 2 / -0
    Thanks - I work hard as hell for the industry I love! The boys at TMF rock it as well!

• Like Like x 1
  7. christophernoah

christophernoah New Member

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Digital marketer
    India
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Instead of visiting the company better to hire some SEO freelancer half the budget what a company looks for and you all are paying...

8. UCM Upholstery Houston

Jan 9, 2017
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like a great start. Is it getting you enough work at this point? How do you know who came through your online marketing efforts?

9. robert  1

robert 1 Active Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Male
    Carpet Cleaning & Water Restoration
    Wichita Falls TX
    Ratings:
    +89 / 4 / -0
    I built my own website and not for it to look nice but to embed it with the most common content for carpet cleaning searches. From 2007 to 2011 I spent every waking moment learning it while not cleaning carpet. During that era Yahoo was mostly where people looked in my area. Population 130,000. At that time it was who was on yahoo local business. Then I ran across Adwords and tied it in with Facebook , and by Facebook I don't mean by advertising I'm talking about links. For 3 yrs I was the only one who use it in my area. I have been in the top 3 since 2012. As of now from 9-5 I'm there for sure and the rest of the hours I'm in water removal and drying. Water removal and drying 24 hrs a day 1spot on Google. One thing that also helps is for your business address to be at a commercial location. Google actually called us to verify and make us prove we ran business there. They actually looked us up while on the phone at Google birds eyes to see our building and signs and vans. Then went thru our website with us for more proof. One thing I do daily , in the mornings and many times thruout my day is type in carpet cleaning Wichita Falls everyday for the past 5 years and if I seen the lineup change from Google place to who's running Adwords, I get to work on my seo. To this day everyone is using Adwords in my area, except 2 cleaners we have 10 here, I keep track and when I see a new one pop up on Adwords I increase my budget. Our Adwords budget is around 10% of our gross revenue. Which is good as we get roi forth the month in 2 days. When I wake up carpet cleaning Wichita Falls is what I search and it's the last thing I search before I go to bed, and countless times thru the day. The lesson is never get comfortable , I know they are coming for my spot sooner or later, and I stay ahead!

• Like Like x 1