Experience with SEO

Discussion in 'Website Design & Logos' started by Cee Bex, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Cee Bex

Cee Bex New Member

Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Dan Dringoli
    Business Location:
    United States
    I have launched two websites now with the help of a digital marketing pro. If you plan to go at this yourself I will offer you up some things that I have learned along the way. By all means please do not consider this a comprehensive list, just things that I have noticed.

From my first carpet cleaning website launch (Population 43,000)
    1. Getting your Name Address, Phone Number on as many sites as you can, helps get you on the Google map pack. Getting in the top 3 is like money in the bank. Getting there for this demographic area took about 175 different directories on the internet.

2. Ad Words....Three of my competitors run ad words, and to be honest I think it is a waste of time. Sitting number 1 in the map pack and #1 organic didn't cost me an arm and a leg. The last two months I got over 150 referrals each month from my web site alone (we track this)!

3. Backlinks..... Getting other web sites to link to us has been a challenge, but joining the Chamber of Commerce has been a great move for us! We have received votes from about 5 other industry web sites and I think that has helped with our ranking

Second carpet cleaning website (http://www.greenbaywicarpetcleaning.com/) (Population 105,000)
    1. Getting your Name Address, Phone Number on as many sites as you can, helps get you on the Google map pack. Getting in the top 3 is like money in the bank. WE have done that same amount of work as we did on site 1, and we are only in the top 6 of the map pack after 5 weeks.....I think the competition is this populated area is why, so we have lots more work to do here.

2. Ad Words....We ran a $50 ad word campaign and used the $100 free google money....I was against going this in our first market, but doing it here has proven to be a smart move. Since we are not in the map pack (top 3) yet, we are spending money on ad words and getting results. Last month we got about 12 leads this way. Not HUGE success, but better than nothing.

3. Backlinks..... another struggle. Organically we are on page 4 in google, so lots more work to do here. If you want to link to my website to help me, let me know and I will return the favor)....with that said we have a Youtube Page, FAcebook Page, and Twitter Page taht we are using to send out social signals. We are joining the Chamber of Commerce this week and continuing to look for more linking opportunities around the web.

4. YouTube.....setting up a YouTube channel has had a pleasant surprise for us. Some of the keyword searches show some of our videos on Page 1. Haven't exactly figured out how to repeat this, but we are getting some traction on our YouTube site!

All I can think of for now....I will add additional things as I think of them.

2. BradK

BradK New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Brad Kartoffel
    #2 BradK, Dec 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2017 at 5:40 AM
    It sounds like you are off to a good start with digital marketing. I am in the business of making websites for cleaning companies. Visit my site to see how I can make a business website for your company that will really catch customers' attention.

3. philadelphiacarpetcleaningpros

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Samantha Avitan
    For newbies, backlinking may have to be more explained but your post is a great start.

I feel lucky that I have the SEO experience because it helps me grow my online business.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Carlo Pro

Carlo Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +742 / 0 / -0
    Carlo B.
    Business Location:
    United States
    I am looking for a SEO company, how much does it cost and how long does it took?
    You can send me a private message.
    Thanks!

5. Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Mrs.SpeedySteamer Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Business Branding
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +3,801 / 4 / -0
    Tiffany
    Business Location:
    United States
    You should check out TMF's SEO program. SEO Plans and Pricing

Also I have heard nothing but good reviews regarding the SEO work that @the rugman provides. You might want to send him a private message.

• Like Like x 1
  6. the rugman

the rugman Well-Known Member

CLEANING FOOL!
    Ratings:
    +1,461 / 2 / -0
    Bob Cairns
    Business Location:
    United States
    Thanks - I work hard as hell for the industry I love! The boys at TMF rock it as well!

• Like Like x 1