Excell power washer unloader question

fred3655

Oct 2, 2011
Texas
Real Name
Luis Paulet
Business Location
United States
I have an Excell VR2320 I use for occasional cleaning outside rental homes. Lately, the engine has been dying when I let off the trigger. Everything else works fine, pressure is good, responsive, etc, it is just a pain having to restart the engine everytime I let off the trigger for more than 4 seconds. On the internet, they say this might have something to do with an unloader valve setting.

Can anyone tell me where this is located? There is a round adjustment the size of a quarter, just below the engine in the back, with a square indentation that a 3/8" ratchet extension might fit into. Is this what I would need to adjust? If not, what exactly is that for? I don't see anything mentioned in the manual regarding that, and none of the sales clerks in big box retail stores have any answers (no surprise there).

Thanks.

BESJohn

Dec 5, 2011
South Carolina
Real Name
John Pence, Jr.
Business Location
United States
I have been told, if the unloader valve goes, you might as well replace the whole thing. I have an old Dayton PW that dies when the trigger is released. Took me a week to get the thing running this year after it sat for a couple years!

Nick, if you know how to fix this relatively cheap, let us know!!

fred3655

Oct 2, 2011
Texas
Real Name
Luis Paulet
Business Location
United States
Briggs & Stratton. I read a lot about the problems associated with B&S and later they started using Honda engines. It makes sense that the valve is in the front with the high pressure output. Thanks.