Evolution 1.5" Benefits

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
Hi all,

My standard daily wand is a 2 jet 12" stainless s bend. The other day I was trying out a demo evolution wand and I just...wasn't feeling a huge difference. I only tried it for a few minutes but I would love to try one for a week and see if it made a difference. But before I go through the trouble of all that I wanted to ask you all if it was even worth my effort. My wand is old, beat up, and pieced together. But it does a job that doesn't get complaints and it suits me just fine. Will an evolution wand change the ease of cleaning so much to justify replacing something that works fine with something that is going to cost a sizeable (to me) amount of money?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
You're probably simply used to using your own wand. I doubt any wand will "feel" much better to begin with.

I used an Evolution wand for a few months and thought it did just fine, granted I didn't use any other type of wand during that period but it got the job done.

Reactions: sbsscn

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
The biggest improvement you can make is removing any air leaks from the blower/vacuum motors all the way to the floor. Replace the waste tank gasket, remove all cuffs and use internal vac hose connectors. If you spend the time to do this, adjust your vacuum relief to proper setting if you have one and keep a clean in line filter you will see water recovery improve and fine soil increase in the filter. A great system and a low end wand is much better than a $1700 wand on a clapped out leaky system.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
The biggest improvement you can make is removing any air leaks from the blower/vacuum motors all the way to the floor. Replace the waste tank gasket, remove all cuffs and use internal vac hose connectors. If you spend the time to do this, adjust your vacuum relief to proper setting if you have one and keep a clean in line filter you will see water recovery improve and fine soil increase in the filter. A great system and a low end wand is much better than a $1700 wand on a clapped out leaky system.
Any new starters will have air leaks on their hoses, this is very crucial for water recovery, it needs to be addressed imminently and maintained regularly.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Reactions: CCWorks

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
20190615_125824.jpg

Any of these work great. If you go up multiple stories use the barb. The white pvc connecters are $2 a copy in the sump pump section at most big box stores. For flat work I like the aluminum tube. If you use a hose reel a 100' continuous section lead hose is the way to go. Since I use a 2" wand I just slide the hose right on the wand, no cuff, much better lift and CFM to the floor when you eliminated all unnecessary fittings and leaks.

Reactions: Fedri

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
The barbed one just brings back memories of anger and telling new guys "don't stand behind the hose reel while you're reeling it up" then watching one disconnect and hit them square in the face because they did it anyway.

Also drives me up a wall that I tried to use a portable hose as a lead hose and IT'S JUST A TINY BIT TOO SMALL TO FIT ON THE WAND RIGHT without a cuff that keeps popping off. Really need to gorilla glue it on there.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Hi all,

My standard daily wand is a 2 jet 12" stainless s bend. The other day I was trying out a demo evolution wand and I just...wasn't feeling a huge difference. I only tried it for a few minutes but I would love to try one for a week and see if it made a difference. But before I go through the trouble of all that I wanted to ask you all if it was even worth my effort. My wand is old, beat up, and pieced together. But it does a job that doesn't get complaints and it suits me just fine. Will an evolution wand change the ease of cleaning so much to justify replacing something that works fine with something that is going to cost a sizeable (to me) amount of money?
What do you use as an extractor?

I have an Evo wand, it's a lot lighter then those standard wands. For an ease use yes in my opinion it will be easier because of its weight. I don't use it at this time and collecting dust in my garage, if you really want a great wand that's easy to use with an affordable price I would go for the Bentley wand.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
View attachment 85552
Any of these work great. If you go up multiple stories use the barb. The white pvc connecters are $2 a copy in the sump pump section at most big box stores. For flat work I like the aluminum tube. If you use a hose reel a 100' continuous section lead hose is the way to go. Since I use a 2" wand I just slide the hose right on the wand, no cuff, much better lift and CFM to the floor when you eliminated all unnecessary fittings and leaks.
Jim this is what I use as well, is it true some here will say that these connectors will reduce the airflow because it goes inside the hose and reduces the diameter by 1/10 of a cm.

I have mine in aluminum, I had some aluminum wands that's been junked in my garage and had the idea to cut them in to smaller pieces and use them as hose connectors, they are great in the colder days the hoses without cuffs will fit with an ease.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
What do you use as an extractor?

I have an Evo wand, it's a lot lighter then those standard wands. For an ease use yes in my opinion it will be easier because of its weight. I don't use it at this time and collecting dust in my garage, if you really want a great wand that's easy to use with an affordable price I would go for the Bentley wand.
Steamway 4100LX truckmount. Usually running less than 125 feet of hose and have an in line filter right before the intake on the machine. Definitely upgrading that to the sapphire CDV box though, tired of sandy threads not screwing back together.

Also at one point I was using a Bentley and I wasn't a fan. Not a fan of swivel wands in general and mainly do open commercial areas now so the need for one isn't really there.

Reactions: Fedri

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I got the evolution wand back when it was $400 bucks or something like that. I have NEVER regretted it. I still use it once in a while.
Saves your back compare to no glide

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Hi all,

It won't answer your question , but there was 1.5" Evolution for sale for great price just the week ago @mrotto. I've tried " big" Evolution ( 6jets) on few occasions. I would try 1.5" Evolution in a heartbeat if I had an opportunity. I'm sure I would love it. I just can't have more wands in my arsenal, 5 is more than enough. Let us know about the decision you make and what wand are you going with. In a way, you'll help the others.

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
It won't answer your question , but there was 1.5" Evolution for sale for great price just the week ago @mrotto. I've tried " big" Evolution ( 6jets) on few occasions. I would try 1.5" Evolution in a heartbeat if I had an opportunity. I'm sure I would love it. I just can't have more wands in my arsenal, 5 is more than enough. Let us know about the decision you make and what wand are you going with. In a way, you'll help the others.
Definitely will. Wasn't a fan of the 6 jet, but 2" wands are just uncomfortable to me. I have 3 of the big evolutions waiting to go out with the rest of my old Zerorez stuff. 2 carpet trucks just taking up space in my shop, they were supposed to be gone months ago. Wish I could just strip them and sell them outright but oh well. I'll keep you all posted on how things go