FB - Every year we do a top to bottom carpet cleaning of the local library. That coupled with a few area | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

FB Every year we do a top to bottom carpet cleaning of the local library. That coupled with a few area

D

Dirk Anderson

Every year we do a top to bottom carpet cleaning of the local library. That coupled with a few area cleanings through out the year we gross a couple of thousand dollars from this customer annually. It’s all ways been a boost during a our slow time. This year I went in, like I do every year, to set up there annual cleaning. Much to my surprise there was a new director in charge. He assured me there was no need for our services as he and his son, in an effort to cut costs, did it with a Rug Doctor. Needless to say I was flabbergasted. I wasn’t sure even how to respond. I regurgitated the usual response about the pitfalls of home cleaning machines. It didn’t seem to have much impact. I’m still perplexed as what to do. I need to figure out how to get this job back.
26756745_10212372568284188_8182579512395013228_o.jpg

A

Andy Bufano

When the client changes everything can change. This one is gone but in the future if possible always nice to have 2 contacts at an account. I know it's not always possible but that's my experience.

A

Andrew Johnston

I wonder if he looked at what you charged over the years, cut 10%, gave to contract to his boy and sold it to the board as a cost savings measure. Ya just never know.

A

Anthony Russo

I would wait a month then go back to them and have a sit down and put a demo on for them If all else fails A gallon of gas and a match Then you got a mitigation job and that my friend is a whole lot more than carpet cleaning Lol just kidding don't do that but there might be a toilet up stairs lol looks like that pipe might be loose No don't do that either But I would sit with them and put a demo on

I

Ian Jones

I remember a few years back, I lost 1 of my favorite accounts due to price cuts. After 2 or 3 years later, they wanted us to come back because they went through 6 or 7 companies that did it cheaper but weren’t happy with the results. I got it back 2 years ago and still going. So, sometimes you just have to give it time!

E

Edmund M Bedient

He has a boss I'm assuming. Reach out with a thank you for all the years of Busisness and if you need me in the future.......in person. You must know his boss or who he answers to

M

Marco Sanchez

Maybe offer a one time free room cleaning,so they can see the difference between the Rug doctor and a professional carpet cleaning!

J

John Gersey

Unfortunately until director and son are gone you might not get it back. First thing business’s cut is cleaners. Let it go, just keep in touch via postcards and mailings.