Everest EFI Weber Carburetor conversion | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Everest EFI Weber Carburetor conversion

Ara Klujian

Moderator & TMF Repair Expert
Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
So I did the Weber swap, it runs awesome, super easy operation and works great, only problem I have is the waste tank shut off not working now, I ran the power wire for the coil through a relay as a break in it to kill the engine when flipped on but can’t figure which wire to use as a signal wire for the relay when the waste tank switch is turned on, in otherwords which wire does the waste tank switch send 12v power to when it is full and switch is on?
Post 87 is usually the field that sends the power on most relays. Is this your own relay or are you using an existing relay from the manufacture?

Braeden

Mar 5, 2020
Real Name
Braeden Stewart
Post 87 is usually the field that sends the power on most relays. Is this your own relay or are you using an existing relay from the manufacture?
It’s my own relay, the relay is wired correctly, if I put 12v power to the 87 post with a jumper wire it kills the spark and shuts off the machine, just trying to figure out which wire to tap into existing on the wiring harness that the waste tank switch feeds 12v to when it is actuated

Ara Klujian

Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
It’s my own relay, the relay is wired correctly, if I put 12v power to the 87 post with a jumper wire it kills the spark and shuts off the machine, just trying to figure out which wire to tap into existing on the wiring harness that the waste tank switch feeds 12v to when it is actuated
Post 87 is the outlet on the relay. If you are trying to kill the power for the coil when the tank switch trips, the relay needs to be normally closed, so continuety is supplying power until the float trips. On a single pole single throw relay remember the relay needs to be grounded on the coil side of the relay. If I had the wiring diagram for that unit I could help you more. There are so many ways this could be hooked up as relays have countless wiring schemes that could be used.

Ara Klujian

Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
I have a drawing of this helps.

Attachments

• 158432828779537458726828300278.jpg
    158432828779537458726828300278.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 122

Braeden

Mar 5, 2020
Real Name
Braeden Stewart
Has anyone else on here done a carburetor swap on an Everest efi? How did you wire the waste tank switch in? Is there a better way to do it than what I am trying to do?

Ara Klujian

Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
How are things going with your waste tank wiring? I'm not sure what you are doing
Ya that’s about right how I have it, the waste tank switch wire just doesn’t seem to supply 12v when it is activated
Because ground goes through the waste tank switch. It's a ground switch. I thought you were getting 12v from another source to power the coil? If you set it up the way my ground switch diagram shows it will work. NC on the float switch and com to relay. When the float goes up the switch opens cutting off the ground to the relay.

Braeden

Mar 5, 2020
Real Name
Braeden Stewart
How are things going with your waste tank wiring? I'm not sure what you are doing

Because ground goes through the waste tank switch. It's a ground switch. I thought you were getting 12v from another source to power the coil? If you set it up the way my ground switch diagram shows it will work. NC on the float switch and com to relay. When the float goes up the switch opens cutting off the ground to the relay.
Yes the way your diagram was did work, the issue actually was that the waste tank switch wire that I was using went through the ecu and the ecu is what was burnt out so it wasn’t getting consistent voltage, bypassed the ecu be just splicing the wire and it works great now! I’m really happy with the whole carb conversion. My throttle body off that unit is very new and in good shape, the ecu is what went out, I was going to see if anybody knew anybody that might need it for their efi Nissan Everest?

Derek Floyd

Mar 5, 2014
Real Name
Derek Floyd
Last edited:

Braeden

Mar 5, 2020
Real Name
Braeden Stewart
Hey Braeden, I am made of questions right now. Is this the Weber you went with?
Yep that’s the kit I got, I ordered it from Carbs Unlimited though, you can call them and ask any questions about the kit if you have questions, you will also need a fuel pressure regulator that you can get from carbs unlimited, it’s a redline fuel pressure regulator, just a cheap little in line one from the auto parts store won’t work.

Derek Floyd

Mar 5, 2014
Real Name
Derek Floyd
Yep that’s the kit I got, I ordered it from Carbs Unlimited though, you can call them and ask any questions about the kit if you have questions, you will also need a fuel pressure regulator that you can get from carbs unlimited, it’s a redline fuel pressure regulator, just a cheap little in line one from the auto parts store won’t work.
Sweet. So no issue not having a governor?

Braeden

Mar 5, 2020
Real Name
Braeden Stewart
Sweet. So no issue not having a governor?
Nope, doesn’t bother me at all, so if you set your rpm with your vac hose hooked up when you go in and start cleaning when you put the wand to the carpet it only drops 100rpm or so, not even noticeable really, it runs so much smoother and has so much more power with the Weber. If you were to set the rpm with out the vac hose hooked up and then hooked up say 150 ft of hose or so it would drop the rpm about 3-400rpm

Braeden

Mar 5, 2020
Real Name
Braeden Stewart
Nope, doesn’t bother me at all, so if you set your rpm with your vac hose hooked up when you go in and start cleaning when you put the wand to the carpet it only drops 100rpm or so, not even noticeable really, it runs so much smoother and has so much more power with the Weber. If you were to set the rpm with out the vac hose hooked up and then hooked up say 150 ft of hose or so it would drop the rpm about 3-400rpm
Napa carries a marine style t handle locking throttle cable that I used for the throttle control, it worked perfect for it. It’s basically the same throttle cable they had for the rear of prochem machines but from Prochem they are like $100+ and the Napa one that is exactly the same was $30

Derek Floyd

Mar 5, 2014
Real Name
Derek Floyd
Prochem charging 300% more than something is worth? Now I've heard everything ;-)
Can you tell me specs on the pressure regulator? Make model?