Sterling

Aug 19, 2013
York Region
www.sterlingcnr.com
Real Name
Ryan Sterling
Business Location
Canada
When setting up a hose to the customers laundry sink and causing a flood in the basement. I think it has something to do with the drain hose backing up.

I had a customer tell me the basement was flooding while I was in the middle of a job. It was coming from where the thin laundry hose led to the basement under the concrete.

I brushed it off and thought it was just a strange occurrence.

A month or so later I was cleaning a basement and noticed the carpet was getting very wet in a certain area. Same problem. Good thing I was there to extract the water without any problems.

I have switched to bathrooms or kitchens just for this reason but this has it's own problems and challenges since the attachments don't always fit on the upgraded adjustable faucets. Using outdoor garden hose bibs are great but living in Canada, people shut off the water in the winter to prevent freezing.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Sterling

Aug 19, 2013
York Region
www.sterlingcnr.com
Real Name
Ryan Sterling
Business Location
Canada
Is this water leaking from a fresh water supply or is this from an auto pump out putting dirty water down their drain?
It's fresh. It has something to do with the pressure that is built up while setting up to a laundry sink and it coming out in the basement where it leads to the main clean out drain. Also something to do with the thin hose that leads to the laundry sink to the washing machine.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
It's fresh. It has something to do with the pressure that is built up while setting up to a laundry sink and it coming out in the basement where it leads to the main clean out drain. Also something to do with the thin hose that leads to the laundry sink to the washing machine.
Hmm, I have never had that problem when hooking up to a sink. The connection should be water tight. I usually hook up to a bathroom or kitchen sink if an outdoor source is not available, I have even had to take off the shower head and use the 1/2 inch connection a couple times over the years. Probably the easiest solution is carrying a fresh water tank in your truck.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
I dont see how it can be anything to do with back pressure. Its not connected to a drain, its a water line and when the tap is off its got back pressure so it would do it all the time with you not being there. I would say its a coincidence. Unless its tied into the washing machine perhaps and the machine is running and water is flowing right through the system (backwards) and the drain cannot cope.