Ever cut your own sight glass window?

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Just curious if anyone has cut their own hole in their wand head and installed their own sight glass window?
I have the PMF titanium wand and was thinking I could cut a square dead center on top in the middle and install a piece of acrylic.
Better yet, if a company building wands could do it for me that would be even better..........
Would be nice to have...

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Does anyone that owns a wand with the window really love it??
Or after you got it you weren't that impressed.
I got the aluminum PMF 3" upholstery tool with the window and it's pretty nice. The window does give you a idea of how much water is removed from the material.

J20770

Premium VIP
Jan 14, 2019
Real Name
Jason Dumont
All you need is a dremel, small metal file, epoxy or silicone and a piece of plexiglass. Just don't expect it to stay clear for too long.

You could add a piece of 2in clear pipe to the hose. That won't stay clear either and you would have to look behind you to see what's going through.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I love the window. It's a great way to tell how many dry strokes you need and if there is excess residue that needs to be flushed out. I use it constantly.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
All you need is a dremel, small metal file, epoxy or silicone and a piece of plexiglass. Just don't expect it to stay clear for too long.

You could add a piece of 2in clear pipe to the hose. That won't stay clear either and you would have to look behind you to see what's going through.
Thanks!! Yea contemplating possible doing it. The wand is just so dam nice looking.....lol

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I love the window. It's a great way to tell how many dry strokes you need and if there is excess residue that needs to be flushed out. I use it constantly.
I dont know why pmf does not offer this as a option already!! I would have paid extra for it.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I'm buying a stair tool. This mytee is the one I'm buying. Love the clear head!! 395.00
8309_Head_web__64254.1542731844.png

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Today I did a carpet with endless soil. The window helped so much. I flushed it till clear. You can also get a clear wand connector that’s see thru at the top that does the same thing with no modifications needed. I don’t know how well they work but simple to install

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Today I did a carpet with endless soil. The window helped so much. I flushed it till clear. You can also get a clear wand connector that’s see thru at the top that does the same thing with no modifications needed. I don’t know how well they work but simple to install
Thanks AZ!! Just put one on mine tonight!! Gonna try it out here shortly and see how i like it. It does make the wand quite a bit longer. Dont think it will be a issue though.

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Thanks AZ!! Just put one on mine tonight!! Gonna try it out here shortly and see how i like it. It does make the wand quite a bit longer. Dont think it will be a issue though.
Yea I’ve only seen one at Aramsco in San Diego. But if I recall it would add a few inches. If it works I would cut your nice wand up myself unless your real good at upgrades. I love doing stuff like that. But your wands sweet and not flat on top.

Reactions: Clean-n-mean

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Yea I’ve only seen one at Aramsco in San Diego. But if I recall it would add a few inches. If it works I would cut your nice wand up myself unless your real good at upgrades. I love doing stuff like that. But your wands sweet and not flat on top.
Thanks man!! Yea we will see how the tune works. Hoping it works well and is really easy to watch. It was only like 18.00 I think I paid at magic wand.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Let me know what u think I’ve been curious. Tony Dang made a few wands with cut outs in the tube not long ago. They looked like ufos lol

Reactions: Clean-n-mean

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Yea I seen those!!.like.350.00 after everything. Looked crazy, but in suppose they work well. Good idea as long as they are still ridged enough.
Pretty cool idea!

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Does anyone that owns a wand with the window really love it??
Or after you got it you weren't that impressed.
I got the aluminum PMF 3" upholstery tool with the window and it's pretty nice. The window does give you a idea of how much water is removed from the material.
The see through on my wands and my Trex Jr is a great help, I monitor through that see through how much moisture left on the carpet. Helps alot

Reactions: J20770