Etm waste tank

supercleancarpets

Sep 10, 2012
Real Name
Gary McCormack
Hi everyone I have some Scorpion xps auxilary tanks recovery and waste that I bought about 4 years ago to start building an etm. Could someone please let me know if they think it will be possible to use the waste tank for a 4 vac etm without them imploding?
Also if it can work how do I stop water from coming into the vacuum motors? Also are the motors best kept inside a toolbox or out in the open in my van.

So far for my build I have these tanks, four 5.7 3 stage motors and a mytee 220psi pump.

I've been carpet cleaning for 6 years so I already have all my gear wands etc.

Thank you

Gary

Attachments

• cross-american-vacuum-recivery-tank-40gallon-view-thru_1_.jpg
    cross-american-vacuum-recivery-tank-40gallon-view-thru_1_.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 210

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
Could someone please let me know if they think it will be possible to use the waste tank for a 4 vac etm without them imploding? Have you reached out to Ed? Assuming they are thick enough, their shape should be resistant to imploding.
Also if it can work how do I stop water from coming into the vacuum motors? Float switch or ball shut-offs on the stacks. Also are the motors best kept inside a toolbox or out in the open in my van. Depends on what exactly your "out in the open" is.....the toolbox concept is mainly geared for transporting a booster-type unit......why seal them in a toolbox unless you have to?

So far for my build I have these tanks, four 5.7 3 stage motors and a mytee 220psi pump.
Do it once and do it right......go with a 0-500psi adjustable (Pumptec 205V).

I've been carpet cleaning for 6 years so I already have all my gear wands etc.

Thank you

Gary

Reactions: Jimsteam

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Believe Those C/A tanks were constructed for 2 maybe 3 motors (overseas Scorpion ), 300 CFM @ 130 H20. IMO They may implode or severely deform with 4 motors with greater H20 (Lift).
Possibly 2 motors per tank with a y pipe (4 to the door).
Scrap that 220 pump like Goomer said and contact Ed..