ETM - RC worlds first Electric TM rolling cart

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
With the motors you had that stopped working, what exactly failed?
One failed while I wasn't there and caught on fire. So it's melty lol ( 72hours straight no cut off half inch orifice)
The other the the wire was not properly attached to the brush housing (108hours 8 hours straight no shut off half inch orifice)
Yes they are both from the same run

Big Daddy Clean

Oct 31, 2012
Real Name
Thomas
I believe that if the motor is installed right, isn't constantly banged up and down stairs in the machine and properly vented or the motor cabinet is force cooled while in use ametek motors will last a long time in series or parallel.

I've got over 600 hours on LX motors cleaning with a puller fan force cooling arrangement in a tiny compartment that stays 100° along with the brush side of each motor pulling ambient air. Retro fitting non standard vacs into an existing extractor is where you here about premature motor failure and I think it's on the installer for many reasons. I have not heard of an Airhog motor failure though.

Filters that easily or quickly clog, load motors unnecessarily and should be avoided. Entry level equipment portable and TM usually gets a bad rap because it gets beat to death by the uninitiated, when it can be extremely reliable when properly cared for.
The air hog seems to have good ventilation. Bottom and sides.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Big Daddy Clean

Oct 31, 2012
Real Name
Thomas
It is an amazing cart if you would ever like help fabricating aluminum drawers or stainless steel parts for it just let me know I have a. Fab shop at my disposal
I want to see how smart you are? Question... what’s missing from my cart to be totally all inclusive?

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
The Mytee LX Air Hog is a great unit. I've got one and all this squabbling is honestly ridiculous.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
As a matter of fact. I'm now contemplating selling my back up TM with a 56 blower, and using my Mytee Air Hog LX and Pressure sprayer as my back up TM/ETM.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
As a matter of fact. I'm now contemplating selling my back up TM with a 56 blower, and using my Mytee Air Hog LX and Pressure sprayer as my back up TM/ETM.
send me a couple pics of your 56 TM......
see if i can do anything with it....

i think you said the engine is out

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
With a propane or fuel fired heater it would be an extremely capable machine up to 150'.
I have a diesel burner that I can use as well as a fresh water tank and my electric hose reel.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Strange hearing that ametek lamb motors are burning , melting and catching on fire .
NEVER in nearly 10 years have I had a Ametek failure . Overheat , yes but once cooled down and with proper ventilation they all lasted the life expectancy.
Last week while in the trenches I smelled the tell tale sign of a failure . The brush was nearly gone on the 8.4 . Fan blades had lint adhered to them and the bearing was squeaky .
This was on a motor with over 1400 hours in the 8.4 downline booster I built.
New 8.4 will be here tomorrow.
Far as series goes my rear booster consists of cheap plastic motor housing 2 stage 5.7 Ameteks and they also last the full life even coupled up to the 8.4 exhausts .
Fook the lab tests hit the trenches , son !!

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
I am not Ed I am an owner of a Jaguar. the thickness of my tank is well over 5/16 of an inch it is also high-density PPA.I do not know if mytea uses high density that might be why they have to use thick tank wallsI have several mytee extractors currently in for repair and they all have thinner walls in my Jag maybe yours is different. I also know that silicones no longer used that a different product has been developed. It's chemistry works well with PPA
the pump out system has been resolved as well it is now the same numbers as the air hog.
Ask for the suction and 8.4 on the bench performs equally as well as an LX however further testing will be done. I can assure you then 8.4 will Outlast the LX in every attribute
Ed , this pic in on a Uk forum at the moment .... what happened with the dense plastic :unsure:

Reactions: Fedri

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Smart move, if the truck mount goes down to finish the work plug in the LX air hog and use that till the truck mount gets fixed, easy to carry in does not take much space in the van
I've already got an extra van just for my Mytee ETM set up. :)

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
Big Daddy;
Didn't see these comments above till late, thus I apologize for a late response.

You mentioned: "Hey Ed, you tested the mytee 7303lx air hog".

(A) No, I never said that (!). My only response was to the suggestion of using a "sock" to help filter in coming water/debris. I thought this was important to help others whom never considered the negative aspect. That was my only goal; to help others such as yourself, and I thought that this was what this board was all about. (?!)
I know there are a few individuals who constantly test have built boosters/pump-out units/etc on this board such as Jim Davisson (who has one of the better units IMHO), and especially Ymetimme and his brilliant Son.
(B) Regarding the JAG 8.4 ETM: We have one of the thickest tanks out there as Tim Yeater indicated. Further, the later 2018 models features a terrific 3.5 pump-out pump w/ quick release feature.

Hope this helps clarify. Thanks for asking!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In regards to that always disgruntled JRH, he once again has proven that he is like a bad case of diarrhea. I suggest you take a chill pill followed by another trip to church.
The deformed picture was from a great customer Down Under who is doing a certain thing wrong; Operator Error! But, I will not elaborate in a lengthy description here on this board; not necessary.

Thanks everyone!
Ed Valentine

Latest posts