ETM - RC worlds first Electric TM rolling cart

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Yes Ed, your Jaguar is a good machine. And I’m not here to knock it....But the thickness of the rotomold on the Mytee is much thicker. Plus the thru plastic tank fittings far superior. I owned a jaguar 8.4. The silicone breaks down and the fittings twist and cause leaks on the tank. If you correct that problem along with the weak pump out. You will have a good machine. Also, Mytee LX motors stronger suction. Never mock a Mytee product. I am an end user. In the field. Tried them all.
I am not Ed I am an owner of a Jaguar. the thickness of my tank is well over 5/16 of an inch it is also high-density PPA.I do not know if mytea uses high density that might be why they have to use thick tank wallsI have several mytee extractors currently in for repair and they all have thinner walls in my Jag maybe yours is different. I also know that silicones no longer used that a different product has been developed. It's chemistry works well with PPA
the pump out system has been resolved as well it is now the same numbers as the air hog.
Ask for the suction and 8.4 on the bench performs equally as well as an LX however further testing will be done. I can assure you then 8.4 will Outlast the LX in every attribute

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I have also tested the lx vac motors, one got burned after the 4th job, I don't know if it was a faulty vac motor but needs more time and testing.
In my longevity testing I have so far had two fail out of the four I purchased.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
You have facts on your assuring anything? I don’t think so.
I have become very frustrated over the LX vs 8.4 debate so in in after I purchased 4 of both and I'm currently doing testing I also purchased 4 low amp 6.6 single stage and for high amp 8.4 single stage
Yes I do have facts!!! I am waiting for all the information to be gathered select keyboard commandos are shut up before they start
20190102_182539~2.jpg

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
You have facts on your assuring anything? I don’t think so.
looks like a good unit...
for high rises are motels....would be a nice unit...
even though i am TM guy.......

if you start selling these you should contact mytee about being a distributer......if you havent yet......
you would get a discount on your mytee products....

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
looks like a good unit...
for high rises are motels....would be a nice unit...
even though i am TM guy.......

if you start selling these you should contact mytee about being a distributer......if you havent yet......
you would get a discount on your mytee products....
And he will protect himself in several regards

Oct 31, 2012
Real Name
Thomas
Okay I get it yeah it sucks up and pumps out water it has like 15 foot of hose hooked up
I don't see the big deal!!!
You know a rotovac cfx does the same thing
Yeah less lift more CFM that argument all over again

So my Jag 8.4 comes from the factory with wheels lol no card required
You don’t get the picture. First off I have used the air hog 100’ feet out and still strong Vac. Secondly, the idea behind the cart is that you don’t have to drag in 100’ Vac hose, 100’ feet fresh water hose, 100 feet of solution line, tangled extension chords, Lint filter and hydroforce pre-spray. I guess you don’t do high rise or skyscrapers . One trip and your in the building. So what your Jaguar has wheels? What happens when you have to clean multiple floors?? I’ll be upstairs in 5 min. While your rolling and untangling stuff. That’s the idea behind the cart. Live hose reels.

Oct 31, 2012
Real Name
Thomas
You probably didn’t use defoamer. Im not sure I believe any statements on here anyway. For whatever reason There are folks on this site with personal gripes against Mytee. I am end user. Have almost every product from Mytee. All still working properly. User Maintenace plays a key factor. If somebody gets on board and says they blew 3 motors? Are my gonna believe them? I think not. Politics

Last edited:

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
You probably didn’t use defoamer. Im not sure I believe any statements on here anyway. For whatever reason There are folks on this site with personal gripes against Mytee. I am end user. Have almost every product from Mytee. All still working properly. User Maintenace plays a key factor. If somebody gets on board and says they blew 3 motors? Are my gonna believe them? I think not.
That is bench testing I've never put an lx in the field. And believe me I have no gripe against mytee at all. I feel that they are the best value in entry level product you can get. I respect John LaBarbera and his company.
As for maintenance I find that very insulting I'm an absolute maintenance Nazi
I got over 12,000 hours out of the power
on it Genesis it had the original motor and blower.
Yes I am doing testing on those motors have you ran one for 70 hours straight. Without shut off
Have you even had one out of the machine in in your hand
Do you even understand the heat sink differences between it and 8.4.
I have over 20 years of experience as a carpet cleaner. And several degrees is in automotive diagnostician I think I know my stuff

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
A picture of the sticker on the side of the motor so I can take the key you run number off maybe we've got motors from the same production run

Oct 31, 2012
Real Name
Thomas
Sounds great what your saying. But, They ain’t gonna break anyway so why live paranoid? . And this is the coolest live Cart. Let’s talk about that. The 6 non marking wheels pivot in the middle. So it turns on a dime. You can make modifications. Like clamps for wands. Chemical trays

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Sounds great what your saying. But, They ain’t gonna break anyway so why live paranoid? . And this is the coolest live Cart. Let’s talk about that. The 6 non marking wheels pivot in the middle. So it turns on a dime. You can make modifications. Like clamps for wands. Chemical trays
It is an amazing cart if you would ever like help fabricating aluminum drawers or stainless steel parts for it just let me know I have a. Fab shop at my disposal

Oct 31, 2012
Real Name
Thomas
Somebody send a link to a 4 gallon chemical holding tray. I can bolt it on the side bottom. You only need 4 chemicals with this cart. Carpet cleaner (your favorite). Groutmaster, defoamer and natural stone tile cleaner.

Last edited:

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I have become very frustrated over the LX vs 8.4 debate so in in after I purchased 4 of both and I'm currently doing testing I also purchased 4 low amp 6.6 single stage and for high amp 8.4 single stage
Yes I do have facts!!! I am waiting for all the information to be gathered select keyboard commandos are shut up before they start View attachment 82155
I believe that if the motor is installed right, isn't constantly banged up and down stairs in the machine and properly vented or the motor cabinet is force cooled while in use ametek motors will last a long time in series or parallel.

I've got over 600 hours on LX motors cleaning with a puller fan force cooling arrangement in a tiny compartment that stays 100° along with the brush side of each motor pulling ambient air. Retro fitting non standard vacs into an existing extractor is where you here about premature motor failure and I think it's on the installer for many reasons. I have not heard of an Airhog motor failure though.

Filters that easily or quickly clog, load motors unnecessarily and should be avoided. Entry level equipment portable and TM usually gets a bad rap because it gets beat to death by the uninitiated, when it can be extremely reliable when properly cared for.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I believe that if the motor is installed right, isn't constantly banged up and down stairs in the machine and properly vented or the motor cabinet is force cooled while in use ametek motors will last a long time in series or parallel.

I've got over 600 hours on LX motors cleaning with a puller fan force cooling arrangement in a tiny compartment that stays 100° along with the brush side of each motor pulling ambient air. Retro fitting non standard vacs into an existing extractor is where you here about premature motor failure and I think it's on the installer for many reasons. I have not heard of an Airhog motor failure though.

Filters that easily or quickly clog, load motors unnecessarily and should be avoided. Entry level equipment portable and TM usually gets a bad rap because it gets beat to death by the uninitiated, when it can be extremely reliable when properly cared for.
Jim you're right on all accounts.
But you have left out a small detail a manufacturer may have a failure during in design or in the production run that they are unaware of. This is why I am doing laboratory style testing. it's all of my motors are from the same run and they all failed you cannot deduct that those motors are bad motors. Especially if the same person assembled them (hangover factor).
it would be smart to get motors from a different run in order to test those.
I tried to get a sample group from different runs but that is very difficult when dealing with ametek.