keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I don't know the exact amp draw of the lx vacs but it works on a 15amp line with a pump without any issues.
Im tellin you man you canadians must have a different 15a then we do. We avoid those circuits. They arent good for anything except lights and phone chargers.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Im tellin you man you canadians must have a different 15a then we do. We avoid those circuits. They arent good for anything except lights and phone chargers.
We have the American standard of everything. @StevenB was using the hp 5.7 and an ottor pump in the same 15 amp line, and he also has upgraded to lx vacs as well with his mytee machine.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
As far as I know Jim Davisson also confirmed that he can use an LX vac with a pump on a 15amp line. He can correct me if I am wrong.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
We have the American standard of everything. @StevenB was using the hp 5.7 and an ottor pump in the same 15 amp line, and I he also has upgraded to lx vacs as well with his mytee machine.
I have the same pump and 5.7 3 stage. It would trip the moment i flipped the switch on a 15a circuit. Even the pump alone tripped breaker when customer turned on her tv. 20a only held combined with vac sometimes running 400psi.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I have the same pump and 5.7 3 stage. It would trip the moment i flipped the switch on a 15a circuit. Even the pump alone tripped breaker when customer turned on her tv. 20a only held combined with vac sometimes running 400psi.
It won't hurt for trying, it worked for me for years and still does, it worked for StevenB and Jim. If it works it works, if it doesn't work ohh well look for an option that will make it work 20amp.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
It won't hurt for trying, it worked for me for years and still does, it worked for StevenB and Jim. If it works it works, if it doesn't work ohh well look for an option that will make it work 20amp.
It slowed me down trying. So i just used 3 outlets. The pump didnt need to be as picky about which outlets. Most any would work. The vacs i always seeked out 20's. Even for my tools, saws, vacs, compressors i will only use 20a. Lol be happy if you haven't run into arcfaults yet. And hope canada dont start using them. Worse damn things ever invented.

Guys just cant go in assuming itll work. Better to be prepared for it not to. Or they might be short on cords and have to drive out to pick more up to reach that 3rd outlet.

Reactions: Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
It slowed me down trying. So i just used 3 outlets. The pump didnt need to be as picky about which outlets. Most any would work. The vacs i always seeked out 20's. Even for my tools, saws, vacs, compressors i will only use 20a. Lol be happy if you haven't run into arcfaults yet. And hope canada dont start using them. Worse damn things ever invented.

Guys just cant go in assuming itll work. Better to be prepared for it not to. Or they might be short on cords and have to drive out to pick more up to reach that 3rd outlet.
Arcfault Hmmmm.
You might be right that what we use here in Canada might be different. I don't know from where I have read it but for safety reasons the 15 amp lines are like 20amps and 20 amp lines are like 25amp. This because they want to leave that 5amp safety zone just incase a household owner uses a gadget that uses 15amps so there's that 5 amp safety zone or some one crazy like me lol uses the LX vacs on a 15amp line with the combo of otter pump.

Reactions: Select

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Arcfault Hmmmm.
You might be right that what we use here in Canada might be different. I don't know from where I have read it but for safety reasons the 15 amp lines are like 20amps and 20 amp lines are like 25amp. This because they want to leave that 5amp safety zone just incase a household owner uses a gadget that uses 15amps so there's that 5 amp safety zone or some one crazy like me lol uses the LX vacs on a 15amp line with the combo of otter pump.
Arcfaults are them crap breakers that have a test button on them. Most tools and some vacuums wont work on them. My uncle builds houses. And i couldn't staple the steps on. He had to gas up the generator so i could install them. At first they wanted them in everything. Now i think its just bedrooms.

Dont matter what you plug in. So long as the breaker does its job. I came across one that didnt. Outlet melted like a candle. If your machine draws the max amperage of the breaker continuously it will heat up and trip. If your machine is rising and dropping amperage above and below its rating then it should hold. As it can handle surges. Truly the only way to know what you're pulling you need to put a meter on it while its running. I always wanted to. But figured fugit :D

Reactions: Jim Davisson

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
I’ll just get a generator for the combo. Three cords use 5400 watts. Add 20% and that’s 6480 running watts. The Predator 9000 puts out 7250 running watts. I ordinarily wouldn’t use a throw away generator, but Harbor Freight has good warranty and the store is only a few miles away.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I’ll just get a generator for the combo. Three cords use 5400 watts. Add 20% and that’s 6480 running watts. The Predator 9000 puts out 7250 running watts. I ordinarily wouldn’t use a throw away generator, but Harbor Freight has good warranty and the store is only a few miles away.
Their generators actually hold up well.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I made an inline amp meter for $50 for testing my machines. I can run on two 15 amp circuits and have not tripped a breaker in over 6 months. I'm using 2 aquatec pumps in parallel on the trailing 122483 motor and the apo on the LX. This picture is with 35' of 2" open hose on only with dual LX.

20180625_201944.jpg

What I did notice using it when I first built it on various jobs around town was the variance in voltage on outlets in the same house. Some outlets read 131v and some as low as 112v. On a 15 amp breaker the voltage would make a difference and would either give you room to work or trip IMO.

Many times I would plug into the same 20 amp breaker unknowingly (the sparky wired the dining room outlet into the kitchen backsplash outlets, Friday at 4PM kinda work) and I can run the machine until the apo kicks on for the first time. Older homes can be fussy, new construction 20 amps are everywhere.

For high rise jobs I have 60 amps available within 10 feet of the kitchen sink. Backsplash, microwave outlet above the stove and the garbage disposal outlet (unplug the disposal and turn on the wall switch), I only burn that outlet if I use my heat exchanger. I have three 240>120 adapters, 3 prong dryer, 4 prong dryer and the big daddy 4 prong electric range adapter. I rarely if ever need them, but have them.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Jim took the boy scouts seriously growing up.
That's funny!

There is an old saying that stuck with me from my motocross days "amateurs practice until they get it right, professionals practice until they can't get it wrong". It really hits the nail on the head.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Well you better be right Jim, getting my Mytee Vortex this week

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
It's still sitting on a truck in Colorado somewhere

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
My water hog from SteamBrite came with chemical injection but I read somewhere acid rinse will damage the pump. I’m looking for a way to do downstream injection. Any ideas? Passive like a perfume bottle or would it require an additional pump to create vacuum?

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
downstream is almost impossible wo the right pump....

i have used flex ice from bridgpoint acid rinse....
used it for 2-3 years....

instructions say it actually helps and doesnt harm the pump....

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
John said the Cat pump had problems with rinse, but the Pumptech should be fine