ETM Cords | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

ETM Cords

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Just send it into a toilet, drain, or sewer vent in yard.
Believe your in PA. I should improve so I know what to look for better as far as sewer/septic clean outs that I could legally dump into at a job. Most Jons into the grass or bushes goes well. Couple jobs when pumping out I wonder will anyone that sees give a $h!t.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I’m in CA the water is classified “Class 1 hazardous” or something. I know it’s a $15k fine to dump it on the street. Not sure about the bushes.
Definetly dont dump on the street. I know that one for sure. On the grass or in the bushes.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Before starting the LX vac motors just hook the hoses and at the end of the hose run plug a cravus tool that has a narrow crack opening, this way amp draw will be reduced, putting the wand on the carpet will also reduce the amp draw.

Reactions: Wec and gborris

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Believe your in PA. I should improve so I know what to look for better as far as sewer/septic clean outs that I could legally dump into at a job. Most Jons into the grass or bushes goes well. Couple jobs when pumping out I wonder will anyone that sees give a $h!t.
Pa is involved with the clean water act. I just dump into toilets or sewer vent to be on safe side. Definitely you're right dont even attempt to dump on driveway, road or in storm drains. If anyone sees that they will report you in a second.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Pa is involved with the clean water act. I just dump into toilets or sewer vent to be on safe side. Definitely you're right dont even attempt to dump on driveway, road or in storm drains. If anyone sees that they will report you in a second.
Arent sewer vents usually on the roof?

Do you find a lot of residential have sewer vents?

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Arent sewer vents usually on the roof?

Do you find a lot of residential have sewer vents?
There should be a vent or cleanout in yard. Sometimes both. Rare but sometimes neither. There can also be a philly style vent on sidewalk or curb in urban areas.

Reactions: Select

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
EPA stormwater regs state that you can't dump into storm drains. That means the gutters, streets and driveways.
If you have the pump out onto grass or tucked into bushes its fully legal.
The key is it must soak into the ground.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
EPA stormwater regs state that you can't dump into storm drains. That means the gutters, streets and driveways.
If you have the pump out onto grass or tucked into bushes its fully legal.
The key is it must soak into the ground.
I want to assume that is for states like mine that as @keep it clean said are a part of the clean water act.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I want to assume that is for states like mine that as @keep it clean said are a part of the clean water act.
Im working at a guys house who used to work for aqua pa. He would meet with them and fish commission to study enviromental impact. He said it's better to be on safe side. Because of how the laws are written and have a lot of grey areas. Basically right or wrong if they decide you are in the wrong. Then you're wrong.

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
Ive heard this train of thought a lot. It is not a given to get 3 - 20 amp outlets or whatever (15amps) is needed to run the air / water hog combo in this region. Older homes have old electrical. Plus walking over electrical depending on how you have to plug them in can be a pain.

95% of time im under 125' and have always been under 150' and been able to get her done. Well.

Obviously running from the van appears like a truckmount. Which isn't a bad thing.

Love my air/water hog.

That said, looking forward to having a full size van with a nice truckmount for HWE including fresh and/or waste tank for efficiency and step up in professionalism.
I believe it may be possible to run on two cords if the Water Hog is set below 500 psi. I’ll have to get an amp meter, but my gut feeling is the Water Hog can be put on same cord as rear vac motor.

Reactions: Fedri

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I believe it may be possible to run on two cords if the Water Hog is set below 500 psi. I’ll have to get an amp meter, but my gut feeling is the Water Hog can be put on same cord as rear vac motor.
Actually, you are right. I have done this. Im not sure the threshold for the water hog but ive definetly done this and it works.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Yes most likely it will work running an lx vac motor and a water hog under 500psi on a 15amp line, I have tested an lx vac and my otter pump in the same time and let it run for 45min plus and no sign of heating power cord or stripping the breaker. The only time things didn't work for me is that when I had the cat pump 500 psi in the same line with the lx, I don't know why that combo didn't work, may be I GOOFED some where.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
It will be borderline. But it will work from time to time on dedicated 20a outlets.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
your gonna trip breakers....
LX motors are 15.5 amps each...yes they run a little less under load

that pumptech...if it is a pumptech is 5-13 amps depending on how much pressure you set the reugulator at.......

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
your gonna trip breakers....
LX motors are 15.5 amps each...yes they run a little less under load

that pumptech...if it is a pumptech is 5-13 amps depending on how much pressure you set the reugulator at.......
I don't know the exact amp draw of the lx vacs but it works on a 15amp line with a pump without any issues.