Epoxy resin floor cleaning

Any tips for cleaning this textured epoxy resin floor? CCG (9).jpgCCG (17).jpg

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Brush and 175 is how I’ve cleaned them. Add some stripper and get after it. The ones we did rarely have wax applications.

Especially with that being a restroom that definitely looks neglected

Rinse and be done

Old fat and slow

I have only done 5 of these types of floors . They all were sealed and waxed prior to my service call. I used orbital machine like the square scrub with a SSP pad and plenty of soap and water. These floors were at a hair salon. They moved everything including washing machines which was caked with salts etc.They all came out clean. If you don't have this type of machines then a 175 will work just be a lot slower. Bring with you a few different pads see which works best( don't kneel the machine trying to get out a spot that refuses to come off it's always best to just tell them it's a stain ) . You can always try a small hidden area see if it cleans if it doesn't then stop tell the customer it won't come clean. Everybody eventually comes across a trashed floor best to walk than be the guy buying them a new floor. Sometimes the epoxy just needs to be redone.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
I have only done 5 of these types of floors . They all were sealed and waxed prior to my service call. I used orbital machine like the square scrub with a SSP pad and plenty of soap and water. These floors were at a hair salon. They moved everything including washing machines which was caked with salts etc.They all came out clean. If you don't have this type of machines then a 175 will work just be a lot slower. Bring with you a few different pads see which works best( don't kneel the machine trying to get out a spot that refuses to come off it's always best to just tell them it's a stain ) . You can always try a small hidden area see if it cleans if it doesn't then stop tell the customer it won't come clean. Everybody eventually comes across a trashed floor best to walk than be the guy buying them a new floor. Sometimes the epoxy just needs to be redone.

Slower? Dude I’ve killed it on those floors with a 175. Tbh 175 was one of my fav cleaning tools.

I can kill it with a mop bucket and a 175 if I want too. And I wouldn’t use any pads. My go to on a textured surface like that is a tile and grout brush for the 175.

A lot of times those commercial epoxies are then sealed with urethane. Super tuff and chem resistant.

Old fat and slow

Doing VCT with a 175 and stripper I averaged between 225 and 550 feet per hour depending upon if it was a double or triple strip. The square strip machine can do 2000 feet per hour.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
If you are faster than my times and do a good job you are hired.

Forget vct

Epoxy or Saltillo are the only finishes like that I’ll deal with. Again pictured above is a textured floor.

And yes I make good coin on epoxy

Attachments

• E23531ED-4FEA-4BD6-9FA3-A18FB367CDA9.png
    E23531ED-4FEA-4BD6-9FA3-A18FB367CDA9.png
    618.8 KB · Views: 46

Old fat and slow

If I did decide to do epoxy I would go to leggari products and learn to do it using their methods. Their YouTube videos are amazing. ps very nice photo.

ACP

If I did decide to do epoxy I would go to leggari products and learn to do it using their methods. Their YouTube videos are amazing. ps very nice photo.
Legarri is just a small reseller of elite Crete products relabeled.

Most of the smaller ones are. Elite Crete and a few others are the big manufacturers

I took a 3 day class at an elite Crete distribution center, was really cool. We poured all kinds of floors.

Old fat and slow

Their YouTube videos are very impressive. I have watched them for hours on end as others . It has become art The 3 d work these guys do blows your mind. If you get real good at it you can have a great business without the fears of competition.

Flora

Brush and 175 is how I’ve cleaned them. Add some stripper and get after it. The ones we did rarely have wax applications.

Especially with that being a restroom that definitely looks neglected

Rinse and be done
I too use this method.This is effective.

Last edited:

Welcome

Welcome to the best carpet cleaning forum in the world!

Support

If you are in need of support, please use the live chat on the store for fast responses.